****The official Jets VS 49ers Game thread****®️©️™️

BP

1 minute ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

Because those things are out of his control and they killed the few drives they had because the defense could not get off the field. 

You can make that same excuse for literally any qb. You could throw tyrod taylor in and get the same result then.

You think Brady and Mahommes would let a couple plays dictate their game?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

That’s what’s so crazy about the narrative today— we’re making excuses for Rodgers now? He’s a Hall of Famer! The refs looked like they had money on the Jets with the calls they were making on a few Niners drives! Aiyuk literally dropped a TD!

lol acting like a full speed extension dive was a drop was the most absurd thing I heard all night.

1 minute ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

He could be in better shape than two years ago for all we know. The fact of the matter is that he had a broken thumb on his throwing hand which to dismiss for a QB is absurd 

For all we know... yeah, look. like I said only 2 guys have produced top 10ish or so seasons in seasons they started at age 40 or older. And Rodgers is coming off an Achilles tear.

My position here isn't about what I know, it's about what the odds are. And they ain't good.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Rodgers has always struck me as a guy more concerned with his stats and turnover ratio than winning. He would rather the team fail so he can deflect blame on everyone else than take the big risks that could make him look bad if they don't work 

And that's why he's only had 1 SB  and a whole lot of under achieving post season runs.

It’s always been a massive knock on him that he’s so turnover averse that he’ll leave points on the field instead of taking the shot. Reportedly drove Matt LaFleur insane because they’d dial up a play that Rodgers didn’t approve of, the receiver would be open, and Aaron still wouldn’t throw it because it was too risky.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Prodigal Syndicate said:

You can make that same excuse for literally any qb. You could throw tyrod taylor in and get the same result then.

I don’t understand what you’re saying. If Brady’s receivers dropped third down passes and his defense was unable to get him the ball back then yes it would be the same situation.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s always been a massive knock on him that he’s so turnover averse that he’ll leave points on the field instead of taking the shot. Reportedly drove Matt LaFleur insane because they’d dial up a play that Rodgers didn’t approve of, the receiver would be open, and Aaron still wouldn’t throw it because it was too risky.

Was this before or after winning two straight MVPs 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

I don’t understand what you’re saying. If Brady’s receivers dropped third down passes and his defense was unable to get him the ball back then yes it would be the same situation.

You don't understand that not everything In a game is going to go perfect every game? That good players over come the mistakes and get things done? Niners didn't play a perfect game but they didnt let it dictate their whole night they just kept coming.

Rodgers is supposed to be above the excuse game. He didn't play well yesterday. Its as simple as that.

To hear people citing a couple plays as an excuse for a bad game is like listening to Wilson and darnold truthers all over again 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, Prodigal Syndicate said:

You don't understand that not everything In a game is going to go perfect every game? That good players over come the mistakes and get things done? Niners didn't play a perfect game but they dint let it dictate their whole night they just kept coming.

Rodgers is supposed to be above the excuse game. He didn't play well yesterday. Its as simple as that.

To hear people citing a couple plays as an excuse for a bad game is like listening to Wilson and darnold truthers all over again 

I will admit, it's a lot more palatable to hear excuse-making for Aaron Rodgers than for Zach Wilson. So I guess that's an improvement around here.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

You don't understand that not everything In a game is going to go perfect every game? That good players over come the mistakes and get things done? Niners didn't play a perfect game but they didnt let it dictate their whole night they just kept coming.

It was one game with absurd time of possession circumstance. You make no sense brother 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

Was this before or after winning two straight MVPs 

Are you suggesting that MVPs are not almost entirely influenced by individual statistical performance?  Not sure how that disproves the point in any way, regardless of whether you agree with it.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

Are you suggesting that MVPs are not almost entirely influenced by individual statistical performance?  Not sure how that disproves the point in any way, regardless of whether you agree with it.

To argue that a player is doing something wrong because it allowed him to win two MVPs and make deep playoff runs doesn’t make any sense. It tells me that Lefleur is an egomaniac 

4 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

How did she look 2 years after her prime 

You know, I don't usually do this, but I'm going to refrain from Mutomboing this into the cheap seats because you're new here and you remind me of myself when I was a bushy tailed optimistic Jets fan in the mid-90s.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Rodgers has always struck me as a guy more concerned with his stats and turnover ratio than winning. He would rather the team fail so he can deflect blame on everyone else than take the big risks that could make him look bad if they don't work 

And that's why he's only had 1 SB  and a whole lot of under achieving post season runs.

You know how stupid this sounds? Your hate for him is getting wilder and wilder. 

13 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

It’s like people memory-holed Mahomes winning a Super Bowl with Kadarius Toney.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

The league averaged 185 yard passing yesterday

He played the 2022 season with a broken thumb and Lazard as his #1 option. 

you only need to average 237 yards per game to throw for our franchise record 

His play over the last 3 years or so has been a medium levee QB and the jets invest in him as if he was hof mvp rodgers, those days are long gone.

As I said earlier this year if he has a year as good as carr had last year people will be throwing rose petals at his feet.

Broken thumb, torn achilles, 40 plus year old QB, no worries there.

Unless Rodgers provides us with top level QB play the amount we invest in him will be a big time loss.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

You know how stupid this sounds? Your hate for him is getting wilder and wilder. 

It’s very true that Rodgers needs the team to win *because of him.* He resented Mike McCarthy and Matt LaFleur getting credit for the Packers success, and it’s why he loves Saleh and Hackett

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

His play over the last 3 years or so has been a medium levee QB and the jets invest in him as if he was hof mvp rodgers, those days are long gone.

As I said earlier this year if he has a year as good as carr had last year people will be throwing rose petals at his feet.

Unless Rodgers provides us with top level QB play the amount we invest in him will be a big time loss.

In the last three seasons he has two MVPs and a 26 TD 12 In season playing with a broken thumb on his throwing hand and Lazard as his #1 option 

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

When I think huge investment I think more Watson and Wilson. The Jets didn’t give up nothing but I’d argue it was well shy of HOF MVP level QB capital. And I say this as someone who’s been skeptical about the deal for a while.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, derp said:

When I think huge investment I think more Watson and Wilson. The Jets didn’t give up nothing but I’d argue it was well shy of HOF MVP level QB capital. And I say this as someone who’s been skeptical about the deal for a while.

It was worth the gamble if you got last year and then this one to figure out how to get to a Super Bowl, but now it feels like they’re trying a YOLO exercise to get it done this year and, well, it might not go well. 

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That’s what’s so crazy about the narrative today— we’re making excuses for Rodgers now? He’s a Hall of Famer! The refs looked like they had money on the Jets with the calls they were making on a few Niners drives! Aiyuk literally dropped a TD!

There is no greater force in the universe than a fanbase's capacity to shift blame from the QB to 52 other guys.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Purdey looked mobile and great. He was making plays happen. Rodgers looked like he could barely walk. It was like watching Flacco the statue.

Rodgers has entered the "statue" portion of his career. This offense will be dictated on whether the OL can coalesce enough to allow a pure pocket passer to succeed. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Asymmetrical said:

Forgot about how this website is after a loss. I get it, it feels like this team has never won a game but I'll wait until they blow it to Tennessee before I join you all going over the cliff. 

God it would be so funny to lose to Will Levis

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 2