~~~ College Game Day September 14th~~~

Beerfish

I didn’t realize Arch Manning was the son of the lesser Manning, Cooper. That drops him down a few pegs for me. 

Cooper was as good an athlete, if not better than Peyton or Eli. He suffered a serious neck injury which ended his career before it started. I wouldn’t underestimate Arch Manning.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Lith said:

We survived. Big thanks to Mark Stoops playing for FGs all night.

Glad we have a bye next week. A little to work on to be ready for Bama in two weeks.

Couldn’t believe Stoops punted the ball back to you with three minutes left down one. True chickensh*t football there

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Couldn’t believe Stoops punted the ball back to you with three minutes left down one. True chickensh*t football there

Stoops coached not to lose.  Too many drives in our territory, he never took a shot.  And then the 4th and 8 in the last few minutes.  We never should have won that game.

You don’t beat #1 by playing scared.  He coached scared.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Trotter said:

He is pretty fast as well

while I saw Archie play most of the memories were him getting blasted behind a garbage line in his latter years

i simply don’t remember if he was a runner

Not sure, but I found this article.  So I'm guessing maybe Archie was fairly athletic. 

https://www.si.com/college/2022/08/10/arch-manning-play-style-archie-scrambler-peyton-eli

“He’s more athletic than Peyton or I,” Eli said. “Maybe a little bit bigger than Peyton or I, and so I think he’s got the ability to scramble around and run around—probably more similar to my dad [Archie] than Peyton or I.”

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Lith said:

We survived. Big thanks to Mark Stoops playing for FGs all night.

Glad we have a bye next week. A little to work on to be ready for Bama in two weeks.

Road SEC game is no gimme. Win and survive. They persevered. They also won't be heartbroken if Texas moves up in the top slot anyway.