Go get Bryce Young

Plen T

6 minutes ago, Plen T said:

Jordan Travis never had the pedigree of Bryce

and he’s already had a catastrophic injury 

the Jets are not seeing a prospect the caliber of Bryce for the next 3 years and they’d be getting him for peanuts 

I'm totally cool with us disagreeing about non-proven NFL quarterbacks but I'll take my chances.

1 hour ago, JKlecko said:

Except they have no QB guru like Shanahan or Kevin O'Connell to develop him.  You really want to entrust a kid with subpar talent and no confidence to the development of Hackett?

Mate Hackett is not here next season

How else are they getting a top QB prospect?

y’all fail to realize we are trading essentially nothing

8 hours ago, Plen T said:

Give them a 3rd let him sit behind Godgers

Perfect situation for him

Let's go Big Joe!!

For the amount of hate this idea got, I actually like it in principle. I loved the player coming out of college. I think maybe even the Jets could help him more than the current Panthers lol

The issue here is really bothering to trade for him. Why? He might get cut outright next year, or be available at a huge discount later on. The jets have Rodgers and Taylor under contract through 2025 anyway. Rather than uselessly trading good picks for Young, let's see how it plays out, no? Maybe it's an idea that can be revisited this off season or next. Just not worth it right now, especially for a third

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Plen T said:

Mate Hackett is not here next season

How else are they getting a top QB prospect?

y’all fail to realize we are trading essentially nothing

How do you know that Hackett isn't here next season.  If Rodgers is, then Hackett may be.  If Saleh is still here, even if Hackett isn't, it doesn't mean that the Jets would have a quality OC and QB Coach.

I realize that the Jets would be trading essentially nothing, but you fail to realize that we'd be getting essentially nothing. I never thought Young was a good prospect.  He's too small, too unathletic, and while accurate, doesn't have a strong enough arm for northeast winters.  If  Hackett and Saleh are gone and the Jets have an offensive- minded HC with an offensive background, then I'd be for drafting a QB as long as they had a quality veteran on hand to start initially and didn't plan on absolutely starting the QB day one.

So ... Carolina decide to sit the guy for a bit, and suddenly he'll be available for trade at a ridiculous discount?

You can bench someone short-term you know. Doesn't mean they've run up the white flag on him completely.

Didn't we bench Zach like, 5 times or so? :D  

• Upvote 1