Expecting to Dominate

Rodgers' injury last season will end up as a good thing.  It kept the excess milage off his body on what would've been a wasted year with the o-line injuries and issues.  He would've taken a beating.  It allowed us to draft Olu, rebuild the line, and add weapons.  

He's 40 years old, but thanks to him sitting for multiple seasons, he has the NFL wear of a 36 year old player.  As the rust falls off, he'll be a MVP candidate.  Unless we win it all this year and he walks off in the sunset a legend, he's got 2-3 more years of high end quarterbacking in him.  

• Upvote 3

It wouldn't surprise me to see him play even longer.  A diminished Rodgers is still better than anyone else we've had in forever.  If he doesn't break the cap, allows us to keep a super team around him.  3-4 more years with the last one as a late career Manning type of game manager. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

It wouldn't surprise me to see him play even longer.  A diminished Rodgers is still better than anyone else we've had in forever.  If he doesn't break the cap, allows us to keep a super team around him.  3-4 more years with the last one as a late career Manning type of game manager. 

100%

we dont have a Jordan Love waiting in the wings to take over so why not keep him until he has a bad year.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Rodgers has stated multiple times that, if he could still play at his usual level, he’d like to play for a few more years.  I would imagine max 2  after this one.

But only if he’s still playing at his standard.  I don’t think he’d keep playing once he notices a drop off in his performance.

That and it all depends how his body feels.  This is a man who went into total darkness for days just to think about this kind of stuff.

3 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Rodgers has stated multiple times that, if he could still play at his usual level, he’d like to play for a few more years.  I would imagine max 2  after this one.

But only if he’s still playing at his standard.  I don’t think he’d keep playing once he notices a drop off in his performance.

That and it all depends how his body feels.  This is a man who went into total darkness for days just to think about this kind of stuff.

Ego is a powerful force.  

Brady is out of touch, but I could see him hanging on to pass all of Favre's records. maybe even get to number 2 in touchdowns and 3 in passing yards. 

• Upvote 1