Why no cheerleaders?!

English Jet

Particularly in NY/NJ, you need a quality and disciplined organization to mix scantily clad attractive, fit women dancing around and a bunch of testosterone filled oversized men and frustrated executives. 

If you watch the Dallas CC tv shows, you can see the work, and money, they put into it.  

With the Favre stuff, etc., Woody realized that the Jets were too weak and a messed up organization to spend the money and resources on a cheerleading squad.  I think he made the right call.  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, FootballLove said:

20 nearly neked woman prancing about in front of Saleh was counter to his religion. Saleh in, cheerleaders out. As a compromise, Woody proposed our Flight Squad performed wearing burqas, but that didn't fly. But ya, I'd be nice having them back.

The Daily Show Wow GIF by The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Cheerleaders and bands playing goofy songs are college-level minor-league schtick stuff.

Dudes who need a side of skin with their football are creepers. 

Many NFL teams clearly can't manage it without problems.

Etc.

Yeah, I like my entertainment compartmentalized. Sports, politics, prawns.... 

im ambivalent about cheerleaders in general, but the performers who fill the jobs really want it.  most of them are pro dancers and the exposure of being an nfl cheerleader often helps them make connections and get other opportunities.  they also need support people to run a squad, so I it creates jobs.  that's always a good thing so long as it is run in a professional manner with very clear boundaries in place for the performers and everyone around them. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Cheerleaders and bands playing goofy songs are college-level minor-league schtick stuff.

Dudes who need a side of skin with their football are creepers. 

Many NFL teams clearly can't manage it without problems.

Etc.

I have to same the NFL could learn a lot from the game day experience at a lot of college programs.

8 hours ago, FootballLove said:

Not sure why it's controversial.

The day our team announced the hiring of the first Muslim HC in NFL history, we announce the Flight Squad is no more. Not too hard to connect the dots. Didn't bother me too much, as I think cheerleaders for most teams have gotten carried away a bit. Great for drunken men in the stands perhaps, but not really great for the families with little kids. Not that many families can afford to come out anymore. 

But again, if the team disbanded the cheer squad due to Saleh's faith, so what? Not sure why it was necessary to erase the conversation.

• WTF? 3

On 10/8/2024 at 9:59 PM, English Jet said:

I know there isn't much Jets news today, so thought I'd create a topic haha

Why don't we have cheerleaders anymore? Are we planning on bringing them back?

First game I've ever watched Sunday, and the vikings cheerleaders impressed me :grin:

I don't see how any owner would think that having cheerleaders is worth all the risks it comes with.

Glad they're gone.

Well I'm sure whomever owns the name and rights to "The Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders" would love to show you their residual checks, but that's just the financial side.  If you are from Philly you only got the side hustle of selling access to cheerleader locker room door peephole tho.