if "Rogers protected Hackett, he cut his own throat."

At a meeting on Tuesday morning, Saleh informed the coaching staff that passing game coordinator Todd Downing would become the game-day play-caller, with offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett demoted. Hackett wasn’t being fired in the classic sense, but it was going to be his decision to whether he stayed.

Bombshell.  We fired the 1 guy who wasnt going to let thd inmates run the asylum.

Pathetic.

How realistic is it to bring someone from outside the organization midseason? 

Mike basically said “I know you can’t really bring in an outsider midseason, but they should have brought in an outsider midseason”

mmmmk.

No, what they should have done is fire Saleh in the offseason, like most of us wanted. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Worth the listen if you got 40 minutes to burn that is.

Bottom line, Mike thinks they half-assed the firing. Should have brought in a HC from the outside and left Ulrich as is.

IMG_5121.jpeg.58b7cb9cb3d2fe92d66f6b682d12eda3.jpeg

Pete Carroll is the perfect man for the job been saying it since January!

• Upvote 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

How realistic is to bring someone from outside midseason? 

Mike basically said “I know you can’t really bring in an outsider midseason, but they should have brought an insider in midseason”

mmmmk.

No, what they should have done is fire Saleh in the offseason, like most of us wanted. 

Pete Carroll is realistic 

The Jets Ulbrich and Saleh run his D scheme

The players are in place with the system 

Rodgers Hackett O stays status quo

Pete brings that energy and respect 

6 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Pete Carroll is realistic 

The Jets Ulbrich and Saleh run his D scheme

The players are in place with the system 

Rodgers Hackett O stays status quo

Pete brings that energy and respect 

I would have been cool with that, although I don't think it would have been as realistic as you seem to 

10 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

How realistic is it to bring someone from outside the organization midseason? 

Mike basically said “I know you can’t really bring in an outsider midseason, but they should have brought in an outsider midseason”

mmmmk.

this would have had to have been worked out weeks ago with Carroll or whomever. I doubt Woody reached out to anyone and said, hey if this goes bad early I want to hire you, and this is what I’ll be offering. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

this would have had to have been worked out weeks ago with Carroll or whomever. I doubt Woody reached out to anyone and said, hey if this goes bad early I want to hire you, and this is what I’ll be offering. 

Right. 

The time to do this was last January when most of this board wanted Saleh (and Douglas) gone. 

18 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Worth the listen if you got 40 minutes to burn that is.

Bottom line, Mike thinks they half-assed the firing. Should have brought in a HC from the outside and left Ulrich as is.

IMG_5121.jpeg.58b7cb9cb3d2fe92d66f6b682d12eda3.jpeg

Wait, he’s saying we should have hired a new HC from outside the organization five weeks into the season?

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Wait, he’s saying we should have hired a new HC from outside the organization five weeks into the season?

Francesa has turned down several coaching jobs according to Francesa. He did coach Rutgers once howeva

IMG_1592.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

At a meeting on Tuesday morning, Saleh informed the coaching staff that passing game coordinator Todd Downing would become the game-day play-caller, with offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett demoted. Hackett wasn’t being fired in the classic sense, but it was going to be his decision to whether he stayed.

Bombshell.  We fired the 1 guy who wasnt going to let thd inmates run the asylum.

Pathetic.

Where did you see this?

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Where did you see this?

Robert Saleh is right now on a campaign of doing the ONLY things he knows HOW to do; clumsy deflection of responsibility, scapegoating, and damage control. 

He's literally like a guy that just got dumped by a girl and is just sh*t talking her to anyone that will listen, while privately crying in the bathroom and checking texts to see if she changed her mind. 

Glad he's gone. Now put Hackett in the NFL equivalent of the old "Rubber Gun Squad" NYPD had back in the day for idiots and crazies they had to get off the street but can't fire. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Robert Saleh is right now on a campaign of doing the ONLY things he knows HOW to do; clumsy deflection of responsibility, scapegoating, and damage control. 

He's literally like a guy that just got dumped by a girl and is just sh*t talking her to anyone that will listen, while privately crying in the bathroom and checking texts to see if she changed her mind. 

Glad he's gone. Now put Hackett in the NFL equivalent of the old "Rubber Gun Squad" NYPD had back in the day for idiots and crazies they had to get off the street but can't fire. 

Yea, Saleh was doing this stuff via Beningo last year. 

Biggest phony ever. 

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I don’t know, buddy. Now multiple sources are reporting it according to the other thread.
If this is true? Holy s**t! 
at least we get to watch @Joe W. Namath go on a heater though! 😜