Woody Johnson sell the team petition

i was looking for something on Woody and came across this. i did not start this, in fact its from 2019. the crazy part is there are only 19 signatures on it. i guess this guy didnt know about JN or he would have a lot more. lol

Petition · Force Christopher and Woody Johnson to Sell the New York Jets - United States · Change.org

i can imagine if Woody seen this......... oh only 19 guys want me to sell the team, i knew Jet fans loved me...lmao

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, doitny said:

i was looking for something on Woody and came across this. i did not start this, in fact its from 2019. the crazy part is there are only 19 signatures on it. i guess this guy didnt know about JN or he would have a lot more. lol

Petition · Force Christopher and Woody Johnson to Sell the New York Jets - United States · Change.org

i can imagine if Woody seen this......... oh only 19 guys want me to sell the team, i knew Jet fans loved me...lmao

Maybe those 19 guys can pool their money and make Woody an offer. 

• Haha 3

Woody’s best plan would be to lock up Ulbrich and JD and then find a QB and conservative offensive plan.  

with Ulbrich running the defense and finding players they won’t be terrible.  He can avoid another 1-16. But they ain’t making the playoffs 

4 minutes ago, freestater said:

Right after he finally got rid of an albatross HC before the season was lost? 

so now your a fan of Woody? lmao

i really hope Ulrich works out. i love the Jets. but if Rodgers is still missing passes, the OL is still not blocking and if the OC keeps calling dumb plays i am going to laugh at all you guys who blamed Saleh for that. 

you know maybe, just maybe our loses are the fault of the players.

maybe Saleh should have got in a 2 point stance and showed Tippman how to not snap it high. or Simpson on how to not leave the guy right in front of him to double team a guy with Tippman.

maybe Saleh should have shown Aarron Rodgers how to complete passes.

or maybe make offense plays and then call them.

maybe he should have taught Sause how to tackle and not take pass interference penalties.

oh and show a kicker who has been in the league for 17 years how to kick a 50 yd FG.

im pretty sure we already have coaches that are supposed to teach these guys all these things. i really hope Ulrich knows how to do all that or its going to be a short honeymoon. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

Dream on.

Why would he ever want to sell it? If anything he’s been trying to also acquire another sports franchise (Chelsea soccer team, as recently as two years ago).

The only way he’s out is if there’s some scandal uncovered where the other owners force a sale. Wouldn’t be this franchise’s first forced-sale; it’s how Werblin ended up with the team because the prior owner was bouncing paychecks to the players. Since that’s not going to happen, it’d take something with visible public embarrassment for the league: think Dan Snyder or Marge Schott.

This asset has appreciated faster than the stock market, while providing him loads of entertainment and far less risk. He’s keeping it forever and then it’s passing to his family. He surely filed a succession plan with the league many years ago, as well as whatever arrangements in his own estate’s trust.

He doesn’t care how many fans want him to sell it. 

• Upvote 1

Anger clouds the mind, jeopardizes rationality, and is the downfall of learned men.

Woody Johnson is no learned man. He is quite simple, stupid. 

Said petition will anger him. If anger can create stupidity in the smart, imagine what chaos can result to the fan base of an angry Woody Johnson.

I am thinking spiteful tanking on par with the movie Major League.

• En Fuego 1

7 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

Woody Johnson is a bad owner because….?

He doesn't know what he's doing. He's not like Daniel Snyder where he thinks he does, and he's not cheap like Mike Brown, but he takes to much advice and usually the wrong advice. 

He's not stupid, and he does care about winning so he's not a lost cause in my opinion. He just doesn't know when to step in, when to be hands off or when to have patience. At least you can tell he's conflicted. He is willing to admit he was wrong and try a new approach so let's hope he gets it right one of these times. 

You have to admit that we have been getting better over the years. Painfully slow improvement and we started at the very bottom.

Idzik Bowles, Maccagnan Gase,  

I think Ulbrich is another step in the right direction. If not then we'll see who he hires next. Not like we have a choice.

• Upvote 1