Three tidbits from Cimini’s pod yesterday

Saleh is a true magician.

He was able to sell the Jets on his ability to build a winning “culture” (and continue milking it for 4 years) without having to deliver on the “winning” part.

Same with JD.

My first question to Saleh in the interview on this subject would have been:  “so give me an example of how you’ve built a winning culture from the ground up”

After Saleh answers “all gas, no brake bro” he’d be immediately crossed off my list and out on his ear by the curb waiting for an Uber back to the airport 😅

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

That’s just an excuse

If he wants to win, catch the ball that hits you in the hands in the end zone with the game on the line

He let another ball bounce off his chest for an INT because ownership is bad?

GW is what he is.

He might think he’s Lebron or Curry or Kobe or whatever but he’s nowhere close to a superstar right now.

Solely out of curiosity, did you have these concerns about his character before the season started?

1 hour ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Well, i don't think so, he's a diva and his body language when the Jets were winning but he had 40 yards will tell you that.

GW wants to be the reason the team wins not only being on a winning team, and thats the only way he will be happy. Kinda crazy that right now his drops and lack of overall awareness is another thing killing this team.

Not trying to be smart, but did you feel this way before the season?  By all accounts he’s always been a high character guy. These takes seem to be coming out of the woodworks now because he’s struggling a bit this year.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I know, I know. It’s fake news. He hates the Jets and the Jets are actually good and well run. So save yourself the time and stop reading. But he floated a few things he thinks he sees, one of which turned out to be true already:

1. Rodgers has been heroically nursing a hamstring. Team confirmed as much today. 

2. Cimini was asked about the young players choosing to walk away from the team because it sucks. He said Sauce and Hall will likely re-sign, but there’s a good possibility Garrett Wilson gets himself traded. Said that Wilson has been “frustrated” and generally unhappy. 

3. Rodgers is “most likely” gone after the season. Says that Rodgers is prideful, and the injuries and mediocre play will convince him to retire.

4. Kind of an allusion, but said that there’s a lot of unhappiness/disenchantment in the locker room. 

Kind of a bunch of duh, but the Wilson stuff is interesting.  I thought he was a dog but legit, he’s just a little bitch and I hate to say this because it shouldn’t be thrown around loosely but he might have some stuff going on between the ears.  He’s hyper emotional.

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Saleh is a true magician.

He was able to sell the Jets on his ability to build a winning “culture” (and continue milking it for 4 years) without having to deliver on the “winning” part.

Same with JD.

My first question to Saleh in the interview on this subject would have been:  “so give me an example of how you’ve built a winning culture from the ground up”

After Saleh answers “all gas, no brake bro” he’d be immediately crossed off my list and out on his ear by the curb waiting for an Uber back to the airport 😅

The first thing to happen to Saleh after he took the HC job was Douglas and Woody ramming Zach Wilson down his throat with no veteran backup to play behind him. 

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Garret Wilson leads the league in targets and is 3rd in receptions. What is he frustrated about? 

that we just traded for a guy better than him and will take targets and reception away from him.

GW just came off 2 really good games and then we get Adams and after only being here for 5 days got the same targets as GW. soon Adams will get more targets than him.

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think this is unfair. The dude played two years with Zach Wilson and looked awesome, and now he’s playing on another bottom-third offense with an old washout who’s famously a cock to young receivers. And he also sees the post-Rodgers future where there’s not trace of a viable QB, no offensive coordinator, and no coach, and you’d be asking him to spend his prime in another trash rebuild, but this time with a third-tier GM and HC candidate because no one worth their salt is going to sign up to work for Woody. 

Meh, the dude ran to the sideline and acted like he was pissed off after his first TD of the season.  Didn’t want to celebrate at all with his teammates, beating the snot out of a division rival.  The team was 2-2.  He was the most targeted WR in the NFL at one point this season.  He’s also had a bunch of bonehead mistakes this season due to a lack of focus.  I think it’s very fair to say he’s hyper emotion and soft and if he’s sitting there focused on the “what if future” and not what he can control right now, again, speaks to a weak minded individual. 

1 hour ago, GangGreened said:

Not trying to be smart, but did you feel this way before the season?  By all accounts he’s always been a high character guy. These takes seem to be coming out of the woodworks now because he’s struggling a bit this year.

Yeah, already knew he was a diva when he stoped mid route to bitch about Zach Wilson.

(I hated Zach too)

31 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Meh, the dude ran to the sideline and acted like he was pissed off after his first TD of the season.  Didn’t want to celebrate at all with his teammates, beating the snot out of a division rival.  The team was 2-2.  He was the most targeted WR in the NFL at one point this season.  He’s also had a bunch of bonehead mistakes this season due to a lack of focus.  I think it’s very fair to say he’s hyper emotion and soft and if he’s sitting there focused on the “what if future” and not what he can control right now, again, speaks to a weak minded individual. 

Yeah, I don’t know. Dude has never missed a game as a pro. Played with some of the worst QBs in history and has excelled. This isn’t an Elijah Moore situation where the guy sucked but still thought he was a #1. The Jets are hell, Rodgers is a dick, and neither Nate Hackett nor Todd Downing are qualified to run an offense. Heard a good breakdown of the Jets offensive struggles today and it’s the same sh*t you heard about Rodgers on ‘22—the entire offense is in Rodgers’ head, he’s running the same plays he ran fifteen years ago, and if you’re his teammate and you don’t know where to run on a play, he freezes you out when it counts. The OC is powerless to fix anything because you can’t correct Garrett Wilson running the wrong depth on a pattern because only Rodgers knows what depth he wanted Wilson to run it at. I hope Wilson gets traded because it’d be cool to get the draft picks back and it’d also be cool to see what he could do on a real football team. 

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, I don’t know. Dude has never missed a game as a pro. Played with some of the worst QBs in history and has excelled. This isn’t an Elijah Moore situation where the guy sucked but still thought he was a #1. The Jets are hell, Rodgers is a dick, and neither Nate Hackett nor Todd Downing are qualified to run an offense. Heard a good breakdown of the Jets offensive struggles today and it’s the same sh*t you heard about Rodgers on ‘22—the entire offense is in Rodgers’ head, he’s running the same plays he ran fifteen years ago, and if you’re his teammate and you don’t know where to run on a play, he freezes you out when it counts. The OC is powerless to fix anything because you can’t correct Garrett Wilson running the wrong depth on a pattern because only Rodgers knows what depth he wanted Wilson to run it at. I hope Wilson gets traded because it’d be cool to get the draft picks back and it’d also be cool to see what he could do on a real football team. 

Currently, Garrett Wilson leads the entire NFL in targets.  He has 9 more targets than the second most targeted WR (a JiF draft darling Wan’Dale Robinson) and he’s top 10 in yards. Yet, he’s been acting like a bitch all year long. Even when the team was 2-2 and Saleh was the HC and the challenge was dealing with “success”.

• Thumb Down 1