" the HUDDLE " : ESPN's JOHN CLAYTON said . . .

kelly

on ESPN Radio / "The Huddle" show w/ John Clayton & Sean Salisbury. Salisbury asked Clayton for a 10 second opinion on each of the 32 teams.

re the Jets, Clayton said ;

- they are automatically in the Brady Quinn sweepstakes

- they will be terrible in 2006.

Salisbury pretty much agreed w/ him.

just an fyi . . .

I somewhat agree with a sweepstake for Brady Quinn in 2007 but it is too late for that... Jets already have Clemens and they will stick with him no matter what.. I hope Peterson, Jarrett, Lynch or Johnson is good enough to compete against Quinn for top 5 selection of 2007 draft. Big knock is all aforementioned competitors are junior this year...

Oh boy.

on ESPN Radio / "The Huddle" show w/ John Clayton & Sean Salisbury. Salisbury asked Clayton for a 10 second opinion on each of the 32 teams.

re the Jets, Clayton said ;

- they are automatically in the Brady Quinn sweepstakes

- they will be terrible in 2006.

Salisbury pretty much agreed w/ him.

just an fyi . . .

They are probably correct and anything that exceeds those predictions will be wonderful

BUT....

John Clayton & Sean Salisbury are idiots.. fyi

If you look at the Jets roster and allow for growing pains of a brand new staff, I think anything better than 5 wins would be exceptional.

if - IF we win 6 or more REGULAR season games in 2006; it will be a MIRACLE . . . :beer:

Terrible is a bit strong in my opinion. Sheesh, what adjective did they use for the Jets last year? :)

I don't expect the Jets to make a run, or even get over the .500 mark, but I do expect them to be competitive, prepared and in the games.

No doubt we're going through a growing process, but "terrible" is not what I expect.

clayton should be listened to.........for he has played just about every position on both sides of the ball back in the day right??????????????

Now now, just because he dreams of being Tom Brady's "WIDE RECEIVER" every waking moment - HELL, EVERY MOMENT of the DAY, There's no reason to knock down such an influential stick in the mud...

...Or is there? :rolleyes:

Archived