Football Teams That Fight

Maxman

The past few years under Herm, the team seems so mellow. Anyone miss the fire of some of those old teams? Yeah, those old teams sucked but at least they had some passion.

Nuu Faaola couldn't leave the field without getting into it with somebody. I am sure there is a balance in the middle. Fighting doesn't do anything to help you win the game. But a little extra determination certainly couldn't hurt no?

does fighting with each other count...lol..

didnt VILMA smack REED on the sideline..lol

Oh man good point. Not only did Herm's teams not fight the bad guy...they fought each other. Just when I was hoping I forgot about that.

We had a nice spat with the Giants in last year's scrimmage- too bad that emotion did not carry over to real games

It couldn't carry over to the real games because none of the guys from the spat were actually on the field during the regular season, or so it seemed.

Oh man good point. Not only did Herm's teams not fight the bad guy...they fought each other. Just when I was hoping I forgot about that.

don't forget Herm and Bishop Harris, ha,ha,ha

I'm hoping Bryan Cox brings back some fire. (with the players, I don't want him fighting the other coaches)

too bad that emotion did not carry over to real games

i disagree - the team was plenty emotional last year - what they weren't was healthy at key positions. They could have had Lombardi wearing the headset last year and it wouldn't have mattered one bit.

i disagree - the team was plenty emotional last year - what they weren't was healthy at key positions. They could have had Lombardi wearing the headset last year and it wouldn't have mattered one bit.

ya agree, but i would agrue that lombardi would have had a long range plan for team and would have lost due to injuries not injuries and being a buffoon...

HermEdwardsinside.jpg

I think a team will take on the character some of its coach - a more animated personality and mind set as leader of the team would have been nice

If Lombardi was the coach, the team would have been physically ready to play. When your out of shape and tired because of it, you make glaring mistakes and miss tackles, and when you do tackle, you do it like a bunch of girly-men.

<Chris Farley's Motivational Speaker Matt Foley voice>"Emotion doesn't mean JACK!!...SQUAT!!! if you're too tired to do anything about it!"

:Cuss:

does fighting with each other count...lol..

didnt VILMA smack REED on the sideline..lol

James Reed punched Jonathan Vilma in the week 1 KC game after Vilma complained to him that he wasn't taking care of business. I wonder if we play KC again this year. Should be a very interesting game. As much as a I hate Herm I think the Chiefs would destroy the Jets just like they did last year.

Good thread. My favorite part of Steelers training camp every year is near the end of practice for the day. Coach Cowher will pit the first team defense against the first team offense in goal line situations. He'll give the offense 4 plays to score most times. There have been some legendary (In Steelers fans eyes) battles over the years.

Good thread. My favorite part of Steelers training camp every year is near the end of practice for the day. Coach Cowher will pit the first team defense against the first team offense in goal line situations. He'll give the offense 4 plays to score most times. There have been some legendary (In Steelers fans eyes) battles over the years.

That's great sh!t sp, reminded me of my old practices in pop warner. I remember everyone getting really happy and excited when the coach announced that was next and last for the night practice. Awesome stuff Cowher! That's what we need Mangini!

That's great sh!t sp, reminded me of my old practices in pop warner. I remember everyone getting really happy and excited when the coach announced that was next and last for the night practice. Awesome stuff Cowher! That's what we need Mangini!

Man, i dunno who gets more excited during those times, the players or the fans. LOL

I'm sure Mangini will do something like that in his camps. He seems like a no nonsense, full throttle kind of coach. I can't wait to see what kind of attitude the Jets come out with this year, with a young and energetic HC, it should be fun for you guys.

Archived