Jets New Offensive Scheme

ThunderbirdJet

This is the first, reliable report that I have read that indicates, in fact plainly states out new offense will be a near clone of the SD offense. While I, and others suspected that Schottenheimer would install the SD offense, this is the first time I've seen solid confirmation.

Q&A with Jets QB Patrick Ramsey

By Mike Holbrook

May 30, 2006

Despite a crowded QB situation in New York, Patrick Ramsey seems to have a great opportunity to rehab his stalled NFL career and make the most of his opportunity in the Big Apple.

Ramsey, 27, was acquired by the Jets in a mid-March trade with the Redskins. The cost was a sixth-round pick in the 2006 draft. But the Jets believe the price was well worth it.

Though he fell out of favor with Joe Gibbs and the Redskins

I agree with you, but the sad fact is right now our offense doesn't match up well talent wise with any team in the league right now.

Ramsey is fortunate that he has worked with coles & chad will also have to relearn the offense

Welcome to the site. Question for you. Your username is "hermanator" and your avitar is a daily news headline that says "THE ANTI-HERM" over a picture of Mangini.

Care to explain?

We don't have a political forum to separate Democrats & Republicans, so we like to divide people up as anti-Herm or retarded around here. Which are you?

I agree with you, but the sad fact is right now our offense doesn't match up well talent wise with any team in the league right now.

Ramsey is fortunate that he has worked with coles & chad will also have to relearn the offense

Jets are in trouble offensively,especially running the ball. With one of the elite run blocking units in the NFL, in 2004 the Jets ranked 3rd in total rushing offense and Curtis Martin won the NFL rushing title. They lost 4/6ths of that run blocking line in Fabini and Mawae to injury early in the season and McKenzie and Becht to free agency.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-RUSHING/2004/regular

Replacing those four blocks of granite resulted in the Jets ranking 31st in total rushing offense in 2005.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-RUSHING/2005/regular

2004 2388 total rush yds 4.6 YPC and 15 rushing TD's.

2005 1320 total rush yds 3.5 YPC and 10 rushing TD's.

A 100% Chad Pennington and 100% healthy Curtis Martin could give the Jets a middle of the pack offense but you're right the Jets don't stack up talent wise against any other team.

The defense may be even worse off, having to replace 10 1/2 sacks, 6 forced fumbles and 10 INT's by letting the only two playmakers the Jets had on defense last year go (John Abraham and Ty Law). It doesn't help to have a failed defensive coordinator hired as the HC.

But, we still have Herman Edwards to blame for at least another year.

I'm interested to see whether the focus will be on the run or the pass, beings how QB and Rb are the two biggest question marks on our roster. I don't think anyone can really tell until we know who's playing QB and how healthy they are. Either way a platoon of Curtis and Houston/Blaylock should fare OKAY...

That was my exact opinion of the Steelers O when Bill Cowher took over as coach. Heres hoping that Mangini's first move is to try and give this offense an identity. Start off the first year with a simple smashmouth type of scheme then build on it as time goes by. It'll keep the Jets in alot of games and give them a chance to grow as an offense IMO.

Welcome to the site. Question for you. Your username is "hermanator" and your avitar is a daily news headline that says "THE ANTI-HERM" over a picture of Mangini.

Care to explain?

We don't have a political forum to separate Democrats & Republicans, so we like to divide people up as anti-Herm or retarded around here. Which are you?

are you kidding me...most definitely anti-herm..why do you think I am new??I could not talk about the jets in the offseason the past 5 years without making myself violently angry and aggravated..

so henceforth let it be known..I cant stand herman edwards..

is that cleared up now sperm??

by the way..love that avatar and the user name..

are you kidding me...most definitely anti-herm..why do you think I am new??I could not talk about the jets in the offseason the past 5 years without making myself violently angry and aggravated..

so henceforth let it be known..I cant stand herman edwards..

is that cleared up now sperm??

by the way..love that avatar and the user name..

Why did you steal Jetzilla's avater?

Hey! This guy is a TROLL! Someone named NY Newbie told me so! :bag: He also has a crush on some Pats fan broad. This individual is NOT to be trusted! :cool:
I'm a troll???someone is going to have to change their user name..he has like 160 posts over ''there''..and he is still called newbie??

I am a veteran poster ''somewhere else''..so..you can call me a newbie or a troll..it's all good..

I know where to find you now ''newbie''

lol..;)

I'm a troll???someone is going to have to change their user name..he has like 160 posts over ''there''..and he is still called newbie??

I am a veteran poster ''somewhere else''..so..you can call me a newbie or a troll..it's all good..

I know where to find you now ''newbie''

lol..;)

Next time I talk to "Newbie", I'll tell him he should change his name.... some "troll" said so! ;) So you gonna score with brushy babe? :yahoo: Ya know, do the "happy dance" on the way home? Better keep that Qiuet.... Ziggy would be yer new stalker.

Next time I talk to "Newbie", I'll tell him he should change his name.... some "troll" said so! ;) So you gonna score with brushy babe? :yahoo: Ya know, do the "happy dance" on the way home? Better keep that Qiuet.... Ziggy would be yer new stalker.

haha..at least now we can talk behind there backs hey..:box:

boy you are really coming out of your shell over here..:eek:

you are such a polite ass kisser over there.:rolleyes:

I will give you credit..you are a very knowledgeable poster..:Typotux:

haha..at least now we can talk behind there backs hey..:box:

boy you are really coming out of your shell over here..:eek:

you are such a polite ass kisser over there.:rolleyes:

I will give you credit..you are a very knowledgeable poster..:Typotux:

Yeah.... I behave over there.... first, they are pretty... sensitive! :baby: Over here and at TGG, I'm not always a nice guy! Just today I told two posters at TGG that they are clueless. They think they are GM's or sumpthin. Oh yeah, one of them runs a 4.3 forty! :eek: I swear, he said that. But he also said as a sophmore at Boston College this year his training to be an NFL GM will be greatly enhanced resume wise. He' is an assistant to the assistant equipment manager for the football team.

I'm over there for one reason, and one reason only. I want to watch the train wreck. That means I must behave.... be polite... kiss some ass. Those buggers wanted me to tell them that Reed is a freakin pro bowler, or they wouldn't be happy! Crap, I even said he sometimes played well! And still, they were whining! LMAO!

BUT..... I have a different screen name here. you don't. I can blackmail you! :D Here's what herminator said about you, B Babe.....

Yeah.... I behave over there.... first, they are pretty... sensitive! :baby: Over here and at TGG, I'm not always a nice guy! Just today I told two posters at TGG that they are clueless. They think they are GM's or sumpthin. Oh yeah, one of them runs a 4.3 forty! :eek: I swear, he said that. But he also said as a sophmore at Boston College this year his training to be an NFL GM will be greatly enhanced resume wise. He' is an assistant to the assistant equipment manager for the football team.

I'm over there for one reason, and one reason only. I want to watch the train wreck. That means I must behave.... be polite... kiss some ass. Those buggers wanted me to tell them that Reed is a freakin pro bowler, or they wouldn't be happy! Crap, I even said he sometimes played well! And still, they were whining! LMAO!

BUT..... I have a different screen name here. you don't. I can blackmail you! :D Here's what herminator said about you, B Babe.....

thats ok..I am doing the same thing.waiting for the train wreck.also..I am a veteran poster at the evil ji.com..and I have another user name there..

so..you wont be hearing that much here to use as blackmail bait..

and my name at ji shall remain anonymous..and no!!I am not SAR I..;)

Archived