Over-Rated Jordan needs to step up his game in 2006

Raiders | Jordan needs to step up his game in 2006

Mon, 17 Jul 2006 05:40:50 -0700

Jerry McDonald, of the Oakland Tribune, reports Oakland Raiders RB LaMont Jordan had a decent year in his first as a feature runner, gaining 1,025 yards in 14 games during the 2005 season. Jordan needs to take the next step as a runner and has a lot of improving to do as a receiver, where he dropped an alarming number of passes. If the Raiders don't add another running back during training camp or coax a 500-yard season out of RB Justin Fargas, Jordan will need at least 1,300 yards rushing if the Raiders hope to be a contender in 2006.

Lamont Jordan is the man. This football team would be in better shape right now if we kept LJ.

Lamont will go for 1,250 rushing and 1,750 all purpose yds this season.

LaMont Jordan blows. He was over-rated here and he was over-rated when he arrived in Oakland. I called for 900 last year with Jordan, he barely squeaked a 1,000 while a lot you said "Oh yeah 1,500 easy, Jordan is the man!" Ha!

F Jordan I hope he continues to rot.

Cannot wait to boo him and get on him again this season on the Dec 31st.

Lamont Jordan is the man. This football team would be in better shape right now if we kept LJ.

Lamont will go for 1,250 rushing and 1,750 all purpose yds this season.

Will the difference in yards between his rushing total and all purpose be the trips he takes during half-time from the lockeroom to the concession stand?

So does Curtis Martin.

He DROPSIES to the ground every time the first defender makes contact with him.

See people who respect the 4th all time leading rusher look at your post and roll there eyes.

Jordan can't hold Curtis' jock.

Jordan is a bull and we would have easily beaten the Steelers if he had started the entire game! He was a man a mission running for us in 04' and Herm was too damn stupid to see that and play him in crunch time.

Herm's obsession with Curtis killed us in that game. Even when Lamont pretty much won us the game the week prior.

Herm's obsession with Curtis killed us in that game. Even when Lamont pretty much won us the game the week prior.

Tis true. Curtis was a nonfactor in both games.

Complete waste. I wish we never traded for him when he was a patsy.

Tis true. Curtis was a nonfactor in both games.

Complete waste. I wish we never traded for him when he was a patsy.

You didn't trade for him. You signed him to a huge contract that the Pats declined to match.

You didn't trade for him. You signed him to a huge contract that the Pats declined to match.

Whatever. We stole him from the pats. I wish we never did.

0 superbowl rings, heartbreak, whatcuddabeens, a better backup RB etc etc. I respect him as a player, but now we're stuck with him and his fat contract.

I called for 1200 Rushing, 250 reciving and 10 TD's for Jordan in Year 1, and I was damn close to being right (his two missed games hurt).

Clearly, only a fool truly thinks the Jets woul dhave been worse if Jordan has "shared the load" when he was here. But then again, as Jets fans, we got ALOT of fools in our midst.

Jordan on a crap Raiders team with one of the worst HC's going (a HC who seems to forget he is an offensive genius when he gets the head job) and in his first year, and he still gets almost 1500 All-Purpose Yards and 10TD's.

Now, imagine that same Jordan on an Art Shell, win in the trenches, my O-line will Crush You! style Offense. With a MCUH better QB (Brooks may not be great, but he is still an upgrade), and hopefully (for them) a healty set of WR's..........I think Jordan will be just fine as long as he stays healthy.

1200rush/350catch/10TD's is a VERY safe bet IMO for Jordan in 2006. He may do far better.

As for us....well, we still got ol' Stat Padder HOF'er MArtin, the Warrior. Hell, I bet he gets 100 Yards this year...and may even run for a 10 yarder or two...well, maybe one.

Martin is done. And even if he isn't, he's too old and too fragile (Hurt every year for the past three, except he always played thropugh them (and hurt us) most times). We need to see if we have ANY talent in the TRifecta of Houston/Blaysuck/Washington. We can pray, right?

I called for 1200 Rushing, 250 reciving and 10 TD's for Jordan in Year 1, and I was damn close to being right (his two missed games hurt).

Clearly, only a fool truly thinks the Jets woul dhave been worse if Jordan has "shared the load" when he was here. But then again, as Jets fans, we got ALOT of fools in our midst.

Jordan on a crap Raiders team with one of the worst HC's going (a HC who seems to forget he is an offensive genius when he gets the head job) and in his first year, and he still gets almost 1500 All-Purpose Yards and 10TD's.

Now, imagine that same Jordan on an Art Shell, win in the trenches, my O-line will Crush You! style Offense. With a MCUH better QB (Brooks may not be great, but he is still an upgrade), and hopefully (for them) a healty set of WR's..........I think Jordan will be just fine as long as he stays healthy.

1200rush/350catch/10TD's is a VERY safe bet IMO for Jordan in 2006. He may do far better.

As for us....well, we still got ol' Stat Padder HOF'er MArtin, the Warrior. Hell, I bet he gets 100 Yards this year...and may even run for a 10 yarder or two...well, maybe one.

Martin is done. And even if he isn't, he's too old and too fragile (Hurt every year for the past three, except he always played thropugh them (and hurt us) most times). We need to see if we have ANY talent in the TRifecta of Houston/Blaysuck/Washington. We can pray, right?

Awesome post.

If the roles were reversed, I can only IMAGINE the onslaught of excuses that Martinettes would provide for Curtis having a crappy year in Oakland. The "worst OL in the league" would suddenly have been the Raiders, not the Jets. If you ever watched a Raiders game (including the one we played against them) you'd know it was more than debatable.

Or was a gimpy 32 year-old Martin (who concealed the severity of his mid-game injuries from his "coaches" no less) truly a better RB than a fully healthy 26 year-old Jordan?

LaMont Jordan blows. He was over-rated here and he was over-rated when he arrived in Oakland. I called for 900 last year with Jordan, he barely squeaked a 1,000 while a lot you said "Oh yeah 1,500 easy, Jordan is the man!" Ha!

F Jordan I hope he continues to rot.

Cannot wait to boo him and get on him again this season on the Dec 31st.

Jordan is a good running back. Top 10? No but he's still a good player who had a a very solid year in spite of playing with a bad offensive line in the toughest division in the NFL.

The Jets made two mistakes with Jordan. First was not keeping him, second was never getting a replacement for him. The Jets RB situation is a mess right now.

Jordan is a good running back. Top 10? No but he's still a good player who had a a very solid year in spite of playing with a bad offensive line in the toughest division in the NFL.

The Jets made two mistakes with Jordan. First was not keeping him, second was never getting a replacement for him. The Jets RB situation is a mess right now.

What are you talking about? We got Blaylock. :confused::rolleyes:

Archived