Is anyone concerned with

Maxman

the camp schedule? Seems to be very few two a days. I guess lots of time will be spent in the class room. A smart team is not a bad thing. And the grueling Joe Walton camps that have the team losing every game in December are bad as well.

I am assuming that Mangini is going to take what New England does and put his stamp on it. Personally I am on board 100% with whatever they want to do. He has this season to change the culture however he sees fit...no questions asked.

Because we all know, what they were doing...it wasn't working!

I guess the thinkin i stha they have proven themselves physically to jets scouts,,

now its time to teach them and see if they can handle the NFL..

I always thought many teams had it reversed,,

goin from high school t ocollege i can see emphasis on physical end, ,but college to pro,, i want smart and players able to rumn intricate schemes at a moments notice

Actually, I read something over on ESPN yesterday that talked about how teams are changing and going with less two-a-day practices. I'll try to dig up the link.

Found it:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2518900

I wish my football coach would take notes from them ;) . Two-a-day practices have not helped us one bit.

I wish my football coach would take notes from them ;) . Two-a-day practices have not helped us one bit.

heres a tip,,

ask the coach for a reason behind his 2 a days, especially considering the pros going to a once a day schedule

heres a tip,,

ask the coach for a reason behind his 2 a days, especially considering the pros going to a once a day schedule

The reason is that until you're at the pro level guys come into camp out of shape and the two - days help get everyone into shape. Guys at the pro level are physical beasts and should already be in shape and should instead focus on the 1 foot thick playbook.

The reason is that until you're at the pro level guys come into camp out of shape and the two - days help get everyone into shape. Guys at the pro level are physical beasts and should already be in shape and should instead focus on the 1 foot thick playbook.

haha,, i was jokin with the kid,,

thanks for the wikipedia though ;)

haha,,

i am old enuf to remember when i played HS football, we didnt get a freakin drink,,

i guess it wa sthe thing back then to kill ya

Try this one on. I don't know if any of the older guys from NY would

remember this. You had to play both ways. One substitution in a

quarter. If you came out you couldn't go back in until the next

quarter. ONly the top schools had what could generously be described

as a weight room. No face masks, I think there were exceptions under

certain conditions.

SJ, I think we only were allowed a drink during games. Forget about it

during practices.

certain conditions.

during practices.

no face masks, damn, not many on this board can remember that,,

we have pubic hair older than most of the posters on JN

I've been thinking about how Herm would always give the team Sundays off-even if the team played on Friday night.Mangini is giving them 2-a-days on a couple of Sundays.I think it'll help get the team to be more prepared-especially mentally.How is a team supposed to be ready to play when the day they usually will be playing they are in a relaxed mode.This I think could be THE biggest reason we got run over last year.I know I'm not in a working mode on say a Monday,on a day I almost NEVER work

BTW I'm posting from the mountains of Rhode Island on the wife's laptop-we actually have a signal.Oh yea 1st ever time using a laptop-welcome to 2006 huh SoFla...

the camp schedule? Seems to be very few two a days. I guess lots of time will be spent in the class room. A smart team is not a bad thing. And the grueling Joe Walton camps that have the team losing every game in December are bad as well.

I am assuming that Mangini is going to take what New England does and put his stamp on it. Personally I am on board 100% with whatever they want to do. He has this season to change the culture however he sees fit...no questions asked.

Because we all know, what they were doing...it wasn't working!

Not many two-a-days? A seemingly "light" schedule of practices?

What, no bigoted BBQ jokes for Mangini I guess?

Well, we could at least call him Man-gina for running a "soft" camp, right?

Oh yeah... watch the hypocrites line up.

:)

BZ

I've been thinking about how Herm would always give the team Sundays off-even if the team played on Friday night.Mangini is giving them 2-a-days on a couple of Sundays.I think it'll help get the team to be more prepared-especially mentally.How is a team supposed to be ready to play when the day they usually will be playing they are in a relaxed mode.This I think could be THE biggest reason we got run over last year.I know I'm not in a working mode on say a Monday,on a day I almost NEVER work

BTW I'm posting from the mountains of Rhode Island on the wife's laptop-we actually have a signal.Oh yea 1st ever time using a laptop-welcome to 2006 huh SoFla...

Reality Check. Mangini did not have his team prepared, mentally or physically last year. Under his 'scheming' the Patriots defense sunk to 31st vs the pass, 26th overall and committed the 5th most penalties in the NFL last year. Smarts? The Patriots ranked 31st in defensive turnovers created. The Jets finished 12 in total defense, 2nd in pass defense. They couldn't stop the run, not because of being soft, mentally or physically but because DeWayne Robertson had bad knees, saw more double teams and that was because Bradway replaced Jason Ferguson with another of his workout wonders Sione Pouha.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-TOTAL/2005/regular?sort_col_1=4

Instead of 'Edwards sucks', Mangini is 'smart' care to explain his record in his once chance at responsibility last year?

There is no difference between why Mangini was hired and why Michael Brown of FEMA was hired.

Reality Check. Mangini did not have his team prepared, mentally or physically last year. Under his 'scheming' the Patriots defense sunk to 31st vs the pass, 26th overall and committed the 5th most penalties in the NFL last year. Smarts? The Patriots ranked 31st in defensive turnovers created. The Jets finished 12 in total defense, 2nd in pass defense. They couldn't stop the run, not because of being soft, mentally or physically but because DeWayne Robertson had bad knees, saw more double teams and that was because Bradway replaced Jason Ferguson with another of his workout wonders Sione Pouha.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-TOTAL/2005/regular?sort_col_1=4

Instead of 'Edwards sucks', Mangini is 'smart' care to explain his record in his once chance at responsibility last year?

There is no difference between why Mangini was hired and why Michael Brown of FEMA was hired.

I'm really surprised you can come up for air long enough when you're with your boyfriend Herm to post gems like this.

????

BBQ is a racial thing???

Odd comment...

WAY too sensitive ..

All BBQ is created equal, BBQ is endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

certain conditions.

during practices.

That's a little too old school for me, although we did play both ways in pop warner because just didn't have the players. That was fun though.

That's a little too old school for me, although we did play both ways in pop warner because just didn't have the players. That was fun though.

I remember when my kids played PW they also were in there both ways

a lot. Usually for the same reason you mentioned.

Archived