Jets WR free agent busts

Preston Howley III

he's been here what? two years maybe three?

was good in the playoff run no one can deny that

ok he wasn't great last year

but sorry i don't feel comfortable calling anyone a bust after last season, especially a WR who had 5 different QBs throwing to him

didn't realize it was only FA's. van dyke was a big enough bust that he should stay on the list though.

how about kevin lockett

Well the original subject was FA busts, but it was comparing them to McCareins who was a trade. VanDyke was a big bust as the 1st pick in the 2nd round. McCareins hasn't played up to what we gave for/to him. To me there is a difference. Same thing with a guy like Carter from the Giants. We gave up nothing for him and he caught some tds and had some big returns. Was he a bust? Not to me, because he exceeded expectations. High expectations are the only way you can count McCareins a bust.

Funny thing is EVERYTHING we are hearing now about Cotchery we heard about VanDyke. That's why I won't get too excited until I see him do something. Recievers usually show themselves in camp. It was easy to see Terrance Mathis, Dedric Ward and even Chrebet were players. Right off, 1st couple of preseason games. Cotchery hasn't shown me that yet and he's been around a bit.

Well the original subject was FA busts, but it was comparing them to McCareins who was a trade. VanDyke was a big bust as the 1st pick in the 2nd round. McCareins hasn't played up to what we gave for/to him. To me there is a difference. Same thing with a guy like Carter from the Giants. We gave up nothing for him and he caught some tds and had some big returns. Was he a bust? Not to me, because he exceeded expectations. High expectations are the only way you can count McCareins a bust.

Funny thing is EVERYTHING we are hearing now about Cotchery we heard about VanDyke. That's why I won't get too excited until I see him do something. Recievers usually show themselves in camp. It was easy to see Terrance Mathis, Dedric Ward and even Chrebet were players. Right off, 1st couple of preseason games. Cotchery hasn't shown me that yet and he's been around a bit.

Cotch can be better than Dedric Ward and at the same time have a crappy career.

Wasn't he the main compensation for trading down & not taking Orlando Pace?

You know I forgot about that. You're right, but they got the 6th pick and traded down again to 8th and picked Farrior. I just tried looking it up and we got 6th overall a 3rd (presumably the Ward pick) a 4th (Leon Johnson?) and a 7th (Jason Ferguson?). No idea what we got for swapping 6 for 8. Still doesn't make him a horrible receiver.

By the way, for all the Clemens is automatically the franchise people:

1st round, 26th pick---------Jim Drunken-Miller VTech.

I saw him play in an XFL game.

That's right.

Hold on, I'll be right back. I have to vomit, again.

What are you crying about? Do you need a tissue? We traded him for a #2. On this very thread there is Alex Van Dyke. That's a high #2 receiver. Ward is a #3. If you think McCareins sucks imagine having to trot Van Dyke out there every week. 40 catches is not bad. 16 yards per is excellent.

What are you crying about? Do you need a tissue? We traded him for a #2. On this very thread there is Alex Van Dyke. That's a high #2 receiver. Ward is a #3. If you think McCareins sucks imagine having to trot Van Dyke out there every week. 40 catches is not bad. 16 yards per is excellent.

Yeah, but we didn't give Van Dyke or Ward a $31M contract to make matters worse.

Archived