JetNation Camp Report - 8/9/06

Maxman

I will have a full camp report on the front page later tonight! I know you Long Island guys are going to be upset when they move camp. But after sitting in the car for 1:45 each way (no traffic) I have to say, I can't wait until they move to Florham Park. Then JN will have daily camp reports for free. :P

I did see some things today that concern me (offense), saw some things that impressed me (length of practice, how detailed the coaching staff was). I will document it all soon!

Hope you had fun bro! Did you bring the little guy?

Yes I went with my Dad and brought my 11 year old son. I don't get to camp as much as I would like. It was a great night. I made Dad drive...you know what that means right? No tolls for Max, lol.

I printed out the JN Logo on photo paper and got a bunch of signatures on it. Chad, Clemens...Jolley, Dearth. True story I hand this thing to Bollinger, I put it right in front of his face. He reads it (it says JetNation.com in big letters). He turns around and walks away without signing it.

I guess he has been here.

He probably thought you were Fred :)

Can you imagine? If he has been here no way we he would hang around and sign. He saw JetNation but at the same time someone said alright guys time to head back. He could have signed it. But I totally understand why he ran. :P

Yes I went with my Dad and brought my 11 year old son. I don't get to camp as much as I would like. It was a great night. I made Dad drive...you know what that means right? No tolls for Max, lol.

I printed out the JN Logo on photo paper and got a bunch of signatures on it. Chad, Clemens...Jolley, Dearth. True story I hand this thing to Bollinger, I put it right in front of his face. He reads it (it says JetNation.com in big letters). He turns around and walks away without signing it.

Dude he's 11? I didn't think he was that old @ the game.

Can you imagine? If he has been here no way we he would hang around and sign. He saw JetNation but at the same time someone said alright guys time to head back. He could have signed it. But I totally understand why he ran. :P

With all the Bolly bashing on this site, could you blame him?

Hey, something just dawned on me, Max is paying the Bolly bashers to create controversy and cash in.

That's cold, man.

ps: Just meeting Bolly, autograph or not, is the apotheosis of jet fandom. Even to be snubbed by the guy is cool.

pss: You should have asked him for a online chat.

pss: You should have asked him for a online chat.

I just assumed you were setting it up.

Oh and about paying the Bolly Bashers, they work for free. I did offer Bolly money to play poorly. Somehow I thought that would help the bottom line!

I hope you did not get the Scrub replacement center's autograph:eek:

Bren...

Nick was about to sign for me. Just as he took the cap off the pen I dove straight at his knees and knocked him down. He said what was that all about?

I stared at him and after 30 seconds of awkward silence I just said, "that one was for Kevin".

You have photo paper? I'll have to try to get to camp when I'm in town. Maybe I can score one of those free magnets!!

Thanks for the report Max

The defensive line depth is a concern for us

The offensive I think most are expecting us to struggle to score points so load up on those trick plays and get good special team play to have good field position

Well, if Bolly is reading I got nothing but love for ya brother. You did a hell of a job with crap around you last season. For this season I think they are going to cut you. Which might be the best thing so you can go somewhere else and start or back-up. I think cutting kevin was probably the best things that could be done for the team chemistry and the worst thing that could have been done for the o-lines growth. Can you imagine how much better brick and nick would have been with him still here. Anyways nice job. Living in Florida for the past 15 years you don't get to many jet training camps. Thanks for everyone who has been there and posting info.

You have photo paper? I'll have to try to get to camp when I'm in town. Maybe I can score one of those free magnets!!

The magnets I had professionaly printed. The photo paper was my own personal supply. We really spare no expense when it comes to JN, lol.

Well, if Bolly is reading I got nothing but love for ya brother. You did a hell of a job with crap around you last season. For this season I think they are going to cut you. Which might be the best thing so you can go somewhere else and start or back-up. I think cutting kevin was probably the best things that could be done for the team chemistry and the worst thing that could have been done for the o-lines growth. Can you imagine how much better brick and nick would have been with him still here. Anyways nice job. Living in Florida for the past 15 years you don't get to many jet training camps. Thanks for everyone who has been there and posting info.

Coach...

As I sat through last nights practice it became really clear why Mawae isn't here. It wasn't money related. It wasn't because of the injury or talent.

They wanted a fresh start. They are working these guys SO hard that if Mawae was here they would have had to make changes. Namely a PC with internet access on the 50 yard line of the practice field. No way Kevin would have made it through the entire practice without firing a letter off to the Union.

After what shook down with Groh a few years back, they knew to needed to mold these young guys a certain way. And they didn't want any distractions.

But after sitting in the car for 1:45 each way (no traffic) I have to say, I can't wait until they move to Florham Park.

How many times do I have to tell you: Gas pedal on the right, brake on the left. If you step on the gas, you will go faster than 25 mph, making your trip much shorter. ;)

How many times do I have to tell you: Gas pedal on the right, brake on the left. If you step on the gas, you will go faster than 25 mph, making your trip much shorter. ;)

25 seems like a dream when you are crossing the Verrazzano at rush hour.

:)

The magnets I had professionaly printed. The photo paper was my own personal supply. We really spare no expense when it comes to JN, lol.

Hey Max, BTW, LOVE the magnets! 4H and Tabor hooked me up at Saturday's practice and they are great, I even threw a couple at some Giant fan friends of mine.

Thanks again.

Hey Max, BTW, LOVE the magnets! 4H and Tabor hooked me up at Saturday's practice and they are great, I even threw a couple at some Giant fan friends of mine.

Thanks again.

SWEET! Tell those Giant bastids to post here. Oh wait...I don't want to be accused of promoting controversy to help my bottom line.

LOL, just joking everyone, just joking.

SWEET! Tell those Giant bastids to post here. Oh wait...I don't want to be accused of promoting controversy to help my bottom line.

LOL, just joking everyone, just joking.

Unfortunately I can't even get Jet fans to post here, they think I'm crazy for spending my time on a message board talking about the jets. I think they're crazy for not spending time here. JETS 24/7 BABY!

Unfortunately I can't even get Jet fans to post here, they think I'm crazy for spending my time on a message board talking about the jets. I think they're crazy for not spending time here. JETS 24/7 BABY!

Raffy,

Since you have over 1,000 posts I can be honest with you. You are not crazy.

Everyone with under 1,000 posts...they are the crazy ones!!!

:rolleyes:

8/10/06 - 5:30pm practice. Our free camp report is on the front page now!

http://www.jetnation.com/?p=576

Great read max! Injured players doing sit ups in the sun? I LOVE IT!!! This man is on the ball and I will guarantee there will never be the "same old jets" on the field again.

Sirius radio had Dave Hutchinson on monday and he was saying that Mangini hasn't earned the right to treat the press how he has and that members of the media(himself included) and waiting for the jets to loose games so they can "pounce on him". Mangini has pissed off the media and soft & lazy players in a couple short months.That makes me happy.

So far so good.

I hope you did not get the Scrub replacement center's autograph:eek:

My sources (probably Mawae) tell me Mangold was gonna sign,then he had to run off and complain to the press that Mangini was working them too hard,and that he had given them too many days off in the last week.

What can I say,the kid wants to live up to Mawae's rep as best as he can.

Archived