Thoughts On The Staff

Maxman

So what did everyone think about the new staff here? Some thoughts:

-Mangini showed emotion, he got pissed when things went bad

-There was no question about who was in charge on the sideline

-Schott had a conservative gameplan but with no running game they are screwed regardless

-I LOVED them running Nugent out for the 55 yarder even though they knew they were going to punt

-I LOVED faking the 4th down when they knew they were going to punt (Tampa burned a time out in the process). It shows me this coaching staff is thinking

-How great would it be to read Mangini's little notepad that he was scribbling on all game. The proverbial sh*t list!

Maybe some reporter will relay that imformation.Oh wait,you guys don't care that the HC doesn't tell the media anything,so i guess not knowing what is happening with your team is a ok.:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I was asking for your thoughts on the staff. I generally don't need the media to tell me what to think.

The whole staff knows they have a big task at hand. 3 points ain't getting it done, even in preseason. And when you're coming off 4-12, you'd better expect there's going to be some yelling.

Gruden had the same alphabetical depth chart thing. I'm at a loss-whta do you want him to say-that he'll run the ball 3o times no matter what? When he'll take a QB out? Take out all the guesswork as to who's hurt and who's playing?Or just hear him blather on pointlessly to feed his ego?

Also, we saw a real 2-minute drill, actual clock management and the shotgun formation. Did the whiny beat writers mention seeing this in practice, or was verbally filleting Eric Mangini their primary agenda?

Mike Shanahan, Bill Parcells and Bill Bellichick have all been fined or reprimanded by the NFL for not disclosing injuries. And each did so ins easons they went to a Super Bowl. It's past time to have a coach who understands the guessing game and gamesmanship-like that 4th down play that had the Bucs burn a timeout, or the quick snap when the Jets got to the line.

Maybe some reporter will relay that imformation.Oh wait,you guys don't care that the HC doesn't tell the media anything,so i guess not knowing what is happening with your team is a ok.:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

herm told the media everything and helped turn us into a pile of PatsFanTX... that doesnt really mean anything but it shows disclosing info to the media and winning games arent connected. Does it really matter who had a good practice or whether a players injury is vaginatis or a strained hammy? yes but not to us. We should care about performance as a team and hope for each player to do his best... thats really all that matters. Keep me in the dark... I'm ok with that. It means no other team knows that info either.

so drafting someone to block for the running backs and the quarterbacks is a bad idea? if you put peyton behind a bad enough line he'll look like crap... and we had/kinda have/ wont have for long a ****ty line. Mangold and Dbrick instantly make our next QB and running back better. In a few years clemens will be happy they were drafted.

-Schott had a conservative gameplan but with no running game they are screwed regardless

-I LOVED them running Nugent out for the 55 yarder even though they knew they were going to punt

-I LOVED faking the 4th down when they knew they were going to punt (Tampa burned a time out in the process). It shows me this coaching staff is thinking

-How great would it be to read Mangini's little notepad that he was scribbling on all game. The proverbial sh*t list!

This is Mangini's team. He shed the players he didn't want (Pro Bowler's Kevin Mawae, Ty Law and John Abraham), brought in his type of players, drafted the players he wanted. No excuse.

Where is Gary Horton's evaluation wrong

from ESPN's Gary Horton:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Gary Horton: I happened to break down the Jets in the last couple of days on offense. To me, it's scary how bad they could be.

They were 31st in the NFL on offense a year ago and they're not as good in terms of personnel this year.

They have :

- an offensive line in transition that will be good, but not right now.

- no backup answer for Martin at RB if he's not healthy.

- no real threats at WR, which means that defenses can load up in the box to stop the running game.

In my opinion, they're going to be the lowest scoring team in the NFL in 2006.

They were also dead last in time of possession, which forces your defense on the field too much, because your offense can't convert third downs.And, if that weren't bad enough, I don't think their passing game has any type of vertical component to loosen up defenses, which means secondaries can jump routes and tighten up coverages. I know it looks like I'm dumping on the Jets, but I didn't realize how dire the situation appears to be, until I studied them the last couple of days.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Mangini was obviously not pleased in his expressions with the second and third units lack of quality play. If it means tougher practices and more work so be it. Lets not get carried away either way over one game either. One certainty is that we lack quality depth on defensive line badly though

staff sucsk at drafting ,i was saying at drafttime why not addai? norwood? norwood looked awesome for atlanta. and cutler as our qb that wouldve been great but nooooo charector crap and o-line emphasis. like building the fence before the house...

Drafting a halfback with no OL is like buying gas for a car you haven't bought yet.

Through out the season when they were actually playing football, Addai wasn't even considered a consensus 2nd-rounder until he ran that 4.4 at the combine.

You can't make the argument that Norwood is so special either; lots of guys look good in preseason. Who was that RB who bumped LaMont Jordan down to RB3? Jonathan Reese? He sure looked like a pro-bowler in August of 2004. Duckett got 5.9 ypc; think his #'s will mimick that by year's end?

Then after all this, with more heralded RB's than Addai & Norwood available to us - after our OL rookies have a year under their belts - we'd end up passing on a premiere guy b/c "we already have Jerrious Norwood"

I was asking for your thoughts on the staff. I generally don't need the media to tell me what to think.

Ask me again after the 1st 4 games of the regular season..Mangini hasn't done anything yet as a HC to be graded on.I will say this much thou.If a 1st time young HC with nothing to back him up except the owner pushes him team to far and said team doesn't win,i can forsee a situation where that HC starts to lose his veterans.

If we don't know, then neither does the Jets opponent.

I can't see how that is such a hard concept to grasp. I'd rather win a Super Bowl and not know **** about the team than go 9-7 and know what Trevor Johnson had for breakfast Tuesday.

I have no complaints thus far,,

as far as RB I think I know what they are thinking,,

2006 is philosophy and find out who sucks time,,

I think they will use thier HIGH #1 pick in 2007 draft on a RB...UNLESS they feel a stud freeagent RB is available and willing to come to NY..

Archived