Hypothetical question?

LionelRichie

since this seems like the quiet before the regular season storm i have a hypothetical question related to nfl trades. is there any player in the NFL that is completely off-limits? what if the jets offered ind 5 1st rd picks for peyton manning, would indy make that trade? what about 8 1st rd picks?

could a trade like that ever happen?

since this seems like the quiet before the regular season storm i have a hypothetical question related to nfl trades. is there any player in the NFL that is completely off-limits? what if the jets offered ind 5 1st rd picks for peyton manning, would indy make that trade? what about 8 1st rd picks?

?

According to Fred, it would be Bolly.

Every player can be traded for...just a matter of who is willing to give up what it would take to get a guy like Manning. Since I don't think anybody is...there are players that won't ever be traded while at the top of their game.

With the salary cap in place you can not tie up lots of money in one position so it is harder to make trades for any high salaried player.

so how many #1 picks would it take for the pats to trade brady and eat the dead cap space? what would the results be?

let's say the arizona cardinals who have been historically woeful decided decided to make a move for manning and they gave up their next 5 #1 picks, which team would make out better?

so how many #1 picks would it take for the pats to trade brady and eat the dead cap space? what would the results be?

let's say the arizona cardinals who have been historically woeful decided decided to make a move for manning and they gave up their next 5 #1 picks, which team would make out better?

I go by the theory that one player is not worth giving the "house" up for so you are asking the wrong person Fo Block -I would never give up multiple number1 picks for one player.

Neither. The Colts would have 5 1st rouders on top of their own picks, but they'd have Manning's dead salary cap space for the remainder of his contract. They'd barely be able to sign their draft picks, let alone anyone else on the team.

The cards would have a great QB with no additional talent for years to come.

Way back when i don't remember the details but one team gave up

about 5-6 players for Herschel Walker.

This is the perfect example Sr. The Vikings gave up the farm to the Cowboys for an overworked, out of his prime, H. Walker. The results: Vikings suck, still. Cowboys won 3 Super Bowls with the guys they aquired trough the picks and players from this trade.

Neither. The Colts would have 5 1st rouders on top of their own picks, but they'd have Manning's dead salary cap space for the remainder of his contract. They'd barely be able to sign their draft picks, let alone anyone else on the team.

The cards would have a great QB with no additional talent for years to come.

depending on what time of year the trade happened the colts would have to take the cap hit all at once or over 2 years. this isn't much different than the situation the jets are in with pennington and his huge bonus. a lot of manning's $ is still due in the form of option and roster bonuses

Archived