New Jets bosses can make a statement by canning Ramsey

SouthernJet

They used a draft pick,, so what.

Ramsey has blown and the Jets can show they clearly wont tolerate Turds by eating the draft pick and picking Bolly over Ramsey.

Ramsey may blow, but compared to Bollinger he's Dan Marino.

as bad as Ramsey is he's actually a better passer than Brooks Bollinger

how can so many Jets fans love a player that can't throw a 3 step drop with any accuracy?

The only thing Brooks Bollinger is good for is taking a beating. :box:

People love guys that can take a beating. Hell, Brando won an Oscar for it in On the Waterfront.

People love guys that can take a beating. Hell, Brando won an Oscar for it in On the Waterfront.

nobody takes a better beating than Gabriel Byrne in Miller's Crossing though...come on.He didn't even take them personally...great movie-was that the Coen Brothers?

I think any statement cuts were made a long time ago. Once everybody accepted "rebuilding" mode nobody was safe and since it's a new FO there is nobody they are forced to hold onto out of loyalty. The only problem with cutting Ramsey is that he was THEIR move, but he came so cheap it wouldn't be like admitting a major blunder. Let them keep whoever is better. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with a 3rd string (Volek?) that isn't on our roster now.

how can so many Jets fans love a player that can't throw a 3 step drop with any accuracy?

And we all want to see Jetstone's head explode. Sadly that "Scanners" scene is no longer available at youtube.

I think any statement cuts were made a long time ago. Once everybody accepted "rebuilding" mode nobody was safe and since it's a new FO there is nobody they are forced to hold onto out of loyalty. The only problem with cutting Ramsey is that he was THEIR move, but he came so cheap it wouldn't be like admitting a major blunder. Let them keep whoever is better. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with a 3rd string (Volek?) that isn't on our roster now.

I've wanted Volek since Heimerdinger first came aboard-I still would love to see him as a New York Jet

What's worse? Wasting a 6th rounder for Ramsey or wasting 19 million dollars already on Pennington. I am not saying Ramsey is the best Jet QB but at least he has driven the Jets to a field goal this preseason. And he made a nice block when Brad Smith turned that reverse for a TD. As pathetic as it is for me to highlight those two trivial plays it is still more than Chad has accomplished this preseason. I know, I know it's preseason but Chad has shown nothing. Except that he remembers Paul Hackett's play book

agree, but between the two POS's Mangini can make a bigger statement by cuttin big name vet . Let sface it, the choice is between syph and gonareeah

They used a draft pick,, so what.

Ramsey has blown and the Jets can show they clearly wont tolerate Turds by eating the draft pick and picking Bolly over Ramsey.

SJ, just in general I don't think this regime gives a rats as s if they have

to can someone because they are high draft choice or a high salary player.

SJ, just in general I don't think this regime gives a rats as s if they have

to can someone because they are high draft choice or a high salary player.

whereas the PREVIOUS one would keep guys who are complete zeroes on the team to try and prove they made a right pick...big difference

What's worse? Wasting a 6th rounder for Ramsey or wasting 19 million dollars already on Pennington. I am not saying Ramsey is the best Jet QB but at least he has driven the Jets to a field goal this preseason. And he made a nice block when Brad Smith turned that reverse for a TD. As pathetic as it is for me to highlight those two trivial plays it is still more than Chad has accomplished this preseason. I know, I know it's preseason but Chad has shown nothing. Except that he remembers Paul Hackett's play book

Neither one of them put up ANY real points this PS, but I'm not too impressed with Ramsey's "block" on the reverse. Everybody praised him for sticking his nose in there and springing Smith, but I believe Smith was past the man and would not have been tackled or even slowed if Ramsey did nothing. The "block" was a minor shove with the hands. This is NOT an indictment of Ramsey. I don't really like the idea of QBs blocking, especially in the PS and Ramsey certainly did his part and looked ready to do more if he could/should. I'm just saying I think that particular "block" was overrated.

Archived