Brad Smith at QB this week?

Cant Hackett

I have no idea how well he throws. If he stays in the pocket and reads defense's ok - I wouldn't mind seeing him play all downs all the time. The potential downside being getting him hurt due to the rebuilding O line.

I would think this would happen often but especially in week one. The offense has been struggling, they need some gadget plays. They will use him behind center and rely on his legs.

And the fans will all support this until he throws a costly interception ala Ray Lucas against the Lions in the last game of Parcells 1st year. Then we will all agree it was a dumb idea!

B.Smith is going to be seeing time at QB all season with trick plays and such all season long...or at least that's what I'm expecting.

i hope thats the only time we see him...i dont like that type of QB...i hate the running QB's..

B.Smith is going to be seeing time at QB all season with trick plays and such all season long...or at least that's what I'm expecting.

The problem with "trick plays" is that if you use them too much, they don't become tricks anymore. Defenses will be expecting something everytime this kid is in there.

Fool me once, fool me twice...not so on the third time.;)

The problem with "trick plays" is that if you use them too much, they don't become tricks anymore. Defenses will be expecting something everytime this kid is in there.

Fool me once, fool me twice...not so on the third time.;)

Very true- if he goes under center and everyone knows he is going to pull the ball down and run - there goes your surprise attack

Very true- if he goes under center and everyone knows he is going to pull the ball down and run - there goes your surprise attack

mangini is very familiar with the defensive gameplanning process. i think a lot of what the jets showed as far as trick plays and gimmicks is designed to force the other team to prepare for everything each week. there is only so much time to spend on the practice field so forcing a team to prepare for a smith @ QB is an advantage in itself for the jets.

you may see him lined up in the backfield or at QB a couple of times each week just as a decoy or with a couple of scripted plays but i doubt he will see much time @ QB.

i hope thats the only time we see him...i dont like that type of QB...i hate the running QB's..

Why? What if the QB is a passer and a runner? You still want him to stand around in the pocket? I mean, a good set of legs goes a long way for a QB -- it can keep them from getting wrecked, and create options when no good pass is available.

Smith is the all-time PASSING leader at his school. I don't think he's exclusively a running QB.

Smith should get ZERO snaps from the quarterback position.

People talk as if he came in and tore **** up Friday. He completed 2 passes. Would have been three had JR Reed caught that knuckleball Brad tossed up to him.

Only time Smith should throw the ball is on Jap plays. He shouldn't line up behind center unless we plan on implementing the option.

Question of the week?

When will Troll come up and meet the JN faithful and have a drinking contest with 124?

Jersey is a long way away, man. I would have to leave my house on my tractor a little after the draft to make it there in time for opening day.

Archived