Same ol' f'ing Jets

F'ing ridiculous. You do NOT go for it when tied 14-14 in the 3rd quarter against the INDIANAPOLIS COLTS on a 4th & Goal from the 2. Stupid, STUPID ****ing play call. Ridiculous.

Not only that, but where the hell was the defense in the 4th quarter? Pitifull performance from them late in the game.

I'm glad we stayed in the game with one of the best teams in the NFL and it took them till 50 seconds remaining to take their final lead after being down to us 28-24. I'm happy with that, don't get me wrong, I love it.

But, BUT, we should NOT have lost this game. We should be 3-1. Stupid ****ing play call and horrible ****ing defense. I hate Peyton Manning.

Oh and Pats fans, you'll be happy to know I defended Brady today. Some ******* behind me yelping that Manning is the best QB of our generation. Bull****. Where's his rings? Is what I told him. Brady has 3.

**** the Colts.

Oh and **** the Pats too.

Cincy will take them down in the playoffs.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any Jet fan that was not happy with today's game doesn't get it.

Manning would have beat 31/31 teams given that situation.

Jets played a hell off a football game.

When the **** did I say I was happy?

This was the most painful loss since the Pitt playoff game.

Agreed.

Most painful loss was 2 years ago @ Pittsburgh in the playoffs.

I am happy with today's game...aside from 1 stupid play call and the 4th quarter defense.

These are the same old Jets no matter who the coach is. They will always find a way to lose when they are in a position where everyone thinks they're about to win. Always. It's part of being a Jets fan.

I've got to agree with troll and 124...after a loss like that you simply cant be happy. We could have won that game...

that being said..wait until mangini gets some real players on defense, and a compitent running back. Should be a site to see

F'ing ridiculous. You do NOT go for it when tied 14-14 in the 3rd quarter against the INDIANAPOLIS COLTS on a 4th & Goal from the 2. Stupid, STUPID ****ing play call. Ridiculous.

C'mon 124 - Yeah we all wanted a win but playing the game we did today on both sides of the ball was pretty inspiring. I don't fault Mangini for going for it. The Colts have arguably the best scoring potential in football and wanting to maximize your points when you're that close isn't that dumb in my book. It was great just to see something other than predictable BS like this team has seen for the last 7 years.

We made a couple major screw-ups at the worst possible times, but aside from the last Manning drive - we did much better than I expected we'd do against them. This is an exciting team that is going nowhere but up.

Not only that, but where the hell was the defense in the 4th quarter? Pitifull performance from them late in the game.

Agreed, and I also second guess sitting barrett today. The DBs looked tired at the end of the game, and they prolly could have used a fresh body (who also has two picks. Damn, they needed to force a turnover).

go sober up ....you'll see how rediculous you sound in the morning...;)

I'm glad we stayed in the game with one of the best teams in the NFL and it took them till 50 seconds remaining to take their final lead after being down to us 28-24. I'm happy with that, don't get me wrong, I love it.

But, BUT, we should NOT have lost this game. We should be 3-1. Stupid ****ing play call and horrible ****ing defense. I hate Peyton Manning.

Oh and Pats fans, you'll be happy to know I defended Brady today. Some ******* behind me yelping that Manning is the best QB of our generation. Bull****. Where's his rings? Is what I told him. Brady has 3.

**** the Colts.

Agreed.

Most painful loss was 2 years ago @ Pittsburgh in the playoffs.

I am happy with today's game...aside from 1 stupid play call and the 4th quarter defense.

These are the same old Jets no matter who the coach is. They will always find a way to lose when they are in a position where everyone thinks they're about to win. Always. It's part of being a Jets fan.

You guys are crazy.

The Jets played an elite football team down for down today.

It's not like you guys are a playoff-contending team.

The Jets are going in the right direction.

Agree totally.

There are no moral victories in football though. What I have seen this season is team that looks nothing like last years disaster.

They are playing hard. The coach is taking chances. (Some I like, some I don't) and they look prepared on the field.

There are going to probably be more games like this this year. It is the price you pay for rebuilding. It will pay off in the future though as this group begins to jell and become a cohesive unit on BOTH sides of the football.

Bottom Line is this...

Mangini is in the process of laying a very solid foundation for years to come. We just have to be patient.

You guys are crazy.

We played an elite team down for down, but we are not in contention for the playoffs. Pretty impressive.

Agreed, and I also second guess sitting barrett today. The DBs looked tired at the end of the game, and they prolly could have used a fresh body (who also has two picks. Damn, they needed to force a turnover).

Here's a stat to show just how tired there guys were late in the game:

ydg allowed in first three quarters: 225

Ydg allowed in fourth quarter: 130.

Th other stat that jumps out is losing the turnover battle 2 to 0.

But there's no doubt the Jets hung tough with one of the better teams in the league

You guys are crazy.

Have you seen our schedule?

If the Jets can steal a game or two that they aren't supposed to win, the postseason is a very real possibility.

Please, losers cry about bad calls.

Why not focus on the great game the Jets played today?

Because TX, after that amazing KO return for a TD, we were all in extacy and in awe of how these Jets faught back the way they did....to only get our hearts ripped out by F'in Manning and how he just walked down the field both times. Thats why...however, after a couple of days and a win over Jax, we will all get over it, but as for now, it really stings and is very deflating for all of us at the moment.

Because TX, after that amazing KO return for a TD, we were all in extacy and in awe of how these Jets faught back the way they did....to only get our hearts ripped out by F'in Manning and how he just walked down the field both times. Thats why...however, after a couple of days and a win over Jax, we will all get over it, but as for now, it really stings and is very deflating for all of us at the moment.

Look, that game was a tough loss.

Bottom line, the Jets are a 4-12 football team that played an elite football team down-for-down today.

I know there are no moral victories in the NFL, but the Jets were very impressive today.

Bottom line, the Jets are a 4-12 football team that played an elite football team down-for-down today.

I know there are no moral victories in the NFL, but the Jets were very impressive today.

If you think this year's jets are a 4-12 team you should be wearing a helmet and riding on a short bus, but of course you don't believe anything you say you're just a troll trying to create trouble with guys who acctualy care enough about their own team that they dont have to bother being a complete ASS on fourms about other teams.

Under Mangini we're no 4-2 football team. If we beat all the teams we're now expected to beat, we could go 10-6 and make it to the playoffs...

A good coach makes a big difference.

The jets could win 10 games without beating a team they shouldn't beat.

Week 5 Jags - Loss

Week 6 Miami - Win

Week 7 Detroit - Win

Week 8 Cleveland - Win

Bye

Week 10 NE - Loss

Week 11 Chi - Loss

Week 12 Houston - Win

Week 13 Green Bay - Win

Week 14 Buffalo - Win

Week 15 Minnesota - Loss

Week 16 Miami - Win

Week 17 Oakland - Win

Our schedule is full of cupcakes. We can end up getting a wildcard with bottom 5 talent in the NFL.

So you admit we have no defense, but you think it is intelligent to basically put ourselves in a 4 point hole, rather than play to be ahead by a TD? I'm glad you're not our head coach. With that type of thinking, you belong in the media somewhere.

**** the Colts.

Part of having a good football season is taking chances, and not taking the conservative route, and making the decision in which your gauranteed to either get a ton of praise or a ton of criticism. So Mangini wanted to shove it up their asses and go for a touchdown. Why complain about it? You know that if th Colts are in teh same situation, you bet your ass Peyton's going to want to go for it.

Look. The Jets were never supposed to be on the same playing level with anyone. If you somehow think the Jets are playoff bound this year, then you are sadly mistaken my friend. But these guys are playing their butts off and impressing the hell out of me. We're only going to get better from here. This year is going to be a year to get the growing pains out of the way.

Week 5 Jags - Loss

Week 6 Miami - Win

Week 7 Detroit - Win

Week 8 Cleveland - Win

Bye

Week 10 NE - Loss

Week 11 Chi - Loss

Week 12 Houston - Win

Week 13 Green Bay - Win

Week 14 Buffalo - Win

Week 15 Minnesota - Loss

Week 16 Miami - Win

Week 17 Oakland - Win

Our schedule is full of cupcakes. We can end up getting a wildcard with bottom 5 talent in the NFL.

Jags, Bears and Vikes are all winnable games, going in reverse order of winnability. I kind of think we can beat the Vikes especially, but Jags and Bears will be hard. It'd be nice to knock off the Pats one of these years. Let's hope for a 12-4/13-3 season, but be happy with 8-8 to 10-6. We have a LONG way to go, this team will be VERY different next year, regardless of how we finish.

Week 5 Jags - Loss

Week 6 Miami - Win

Week 7 Detroit - Win

Week 8 Cleveland - Win

Bye

Week 10 NE - Loss

Week 11 Chi - Loss

Week 12 Houston - Win

Week 13 Green Bay - Win

Week 14 Buffalo - Win

Week 15 Minnesota - Loss

Week 16 Miami - Win

Week 17 Oakland - Win

We might have bottom 5 talent, but top 5 coaching... which will hopefully keep us in every game and maybe pull out a win against the Jags, pats, bears, or vikings. If not, we can still go 10-6 and have a SLIGHT chance at the division. The Jacksonville game is very important, because if we win that we have a chance at the division title. :yahoo:

Any Jet fan that was not happy with today's game doesn't get it.

Manning would have beat 31/31 teams given that situation.

Jets played a hell off a football game.

You're absolutely right...I was at a sports bar in Myrtle Beach and everyone there was impressed, giving the team props for being competitive with Indy...people are really starting to take notice.

Yeah, I am dissappointed we lost and it sucks but with this level of improvement and the huge difference in coaching the Jets are definately headed in the right direction.

I'm sorry if some of you wrote this season off and can take moral victories but if i'm not going to be very upset after a loss like this i should just stop watching the games.

Oh I'm upset...this one hurts bad because they played so well and were so competitive..plus the INT in the red zone instead of taking the FG. There were times while I was watching where I felt the momentum was completely on our side and we were going to win, then only to be let down. Its a horrible feeling.

TX, no offense, you're seriously one of my favorite posters here, but I hope you're kidding about the Jets being a 4-12 team. Yes, that was their expectations, and yes, that is what they SHOULD have played to... under Herm Edwards. This is a new team, a new front office, a new era. Have you not look at our schedule?

@ JAX - should be a loss

vs MIA - should be an easy win, or at least a win, but it is a division game

vs DET - should be an easy win

@ CLE - should be a win, not necessarily easy, but should be a win

Bye

@ NE - should be a loss

vs CHI - should be a loss

vs HOU - should be a very easy win

@ GB - should be a win

vs BUF - should be a win, but it is a division game, and Buffalo proved something to me when they played both of us

@ MIN - could be a win, I'll say either way

@ MIA - should be a win, but is a division game

vs OAK - should be a very easy win

Honestly, they SHOULD be a .500+ team, assuming Penny doesn't go down (yeah, yeah, whatever, don't even respond to this part, you got my point). I'm not saying they're going to win the division (New England has this), nor am I saying they will be in contention for a wild card (Baltimore/Pittsburgh/Cincinnati/Jacksonville). But no way in hell are they a 4-12 team. That's just blind hatred towards them.

Archived