Trade deadline: Deals that make sense

Sperm Edwards

Im not a huge fan of dealing McCareins. I think he could be a good player if he'd stay out of the doghouse. However, with those contract #s, it wouldn't be a bad move either.

I wouldn't come out and say "no Jets fan would object"

Im not a huge fan of dealing McCareins. I think he could be a good player if he'd stay out of the doghouse. However, with those contract #s, it wouldn't be a bad move either.

its week 8 in the NFL....how much longer do you want to give this guys a chance...if its taking him 6 games to get out of the doghouse...it aint gonna happen now...TRADE HIM .....i'd take a ham sandwich for him..

but what could the jets really get for him?? I would be happy with a 4 rounder or some help on the d line. Do k.c. or chicago have anyone that would be of help?

I'd give them Justin AND a 6th rounder if we could get a 4th rounder for him. We won't get anything close to a 4th. Not with that salary.

Dude

You are F-ing retarded

A 6 or 7th for JMac????

WTF???

Thank GOD you don't speak for Tangini, or else we'd be REALLY F-ed

#1 - Lay off the personal insults. I'm totally serious.

#2 - He is getting released after the season. He does not contribute to the offense unless you count dropping passes. He has a $3M/yr salary. He is not coming back next year. Either trade him for something, or keep & barely use him and then get nothing. I don't know what the market is for him, but I'll bet it isn't much. No one wants to absorb a $3M/yr salary for a #3 receiver with the dropsies AND give up a decent draft pick for the privilege. Don't use the 2nd-rounder & bloated salary Hermie & Bradway gave him as a measuring stick of his worth. Frankly I'd be surprised if anyone offered us anything for him.

#1 - Lay off the personal insults. I'm totally serious.

#2 - He is getting released after the season. He does not contribute to the offense unless you count dropping passes. He has a $3M/yr salary. He is not coming back next year. Either trade him for something, or keep & barely use him and then get nothing. I don't know what the market is for him, but I'll bet it isn't much. No one wants to absorb a $3M/yr salary for a #3 receiver with the dropsies AND give up a decent draft pick for the privilege. Don't use the 2nd-rounder & bloated salary Hermie & Bradway gave him as a measuring stick of his worth. Frankly I'd be surprised if anyone offered us anything for him.

i agree that we should get rid of him since we aren't using him. i was hoping for a 5th round pick honestly...

...unrelated...why is everyone get so defensive about personal insults? are people really that insecure in todays world that insults are that deadly? i never understood why people don't just ignore insults people throw at them, are they really that worried about what other people say?

i agree that we should get rid of him since we aren't using him. i was hoping for a 5th round pick honestly...

...unrelated...why is everyone get so defensive about personal insults? are people really that insecure in todays world that insults are that deadly? i never understood why people don't just ignore insults people throw at them, are they really that worried about what other people say?

or better yet, avoid personal insults

His salary means he probably goes nowhere. But among and between the emergence of Crotchery and Smith and Dwight, he's useless, and less so when he falls down on crucial 3rd down plays. If they can get a 5th rounder for him and get rid of his salary, done.

It's not me getting defensive. It causes problems that otherwise shouldn't arise, and it depends how it's given anyway. Not everyone wants to exchange personal insults on a Jets board; do that with your fantasy football buddies.

Believe me, I don't lose a minute of my day over what anyone might post negatively about me. Something like I drew attention to has nothing to do with making a point; it's just nasty. I'm more than capable of returning personal insults quite competently. But crap like that breeds more the same comments in kind & before long it's all the board has become & then people don't want to post here anymore. And I don't mean the kidding-around sarcasm stuff; we all know the difference.

At the begining of the season I said we should keep him, but now think it is time for him to go. If Mangini isn't going to use him and he is going to degrade, get anything we can for him and move on.

The only concern would be if one of the top three gets hurt, but I guess we have B-Smith there to back up stuff.

BZ

Archived