Wasn't Matt Leinart Supposed to Suck?

Phinsuck

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ask the bears if he throws like our resident noodle.

ML had them sh*tting in their boots. A Lucky recovery of edge fumble and a great punt return gave them their win.

ML moved the ball all night vs this vaunted D, and even with all disasters

He drove them for winning FG

Penne vs Da Bears You make the call.

His arm is better than Penny's, but I wonder if it would be good enough to succeed during the winter and in the playoffs.

I think Grossman's 6 turnovers and the resulting short field a few times helped greatly too. He probably shoulda scored more points actually.

Leinart did pretty well, but I wonder if the Bears D just wasn't off most of the night too. Gotta see way more than that to be sold on Leinart. You guys were saying Penny was a pro bowler or something after the first 2 games this season too, remember?

His arm is better than Penny's, but I wonder if it would be good enough to succeed during the winter and in the playoffs.

I think Grossman's 6 turnovers and the resulting short field a few times helped greatly too. He probably shoulda scored more points actually.

Leinart did pretty well, but I wonder if the Bears D just wasn't off most of the night too. Gotta see way more than that to be sold on Leinart. You guys were saying Penny was a pro bowler or something after the first 2 games this season too, remember?

lotta dumpoffs and players making great moves to get yac. sure sounds like penny to coles.

I don't think people said he would suck. I think the correct term was "over-rated". Are you ready to crown this guy the next Montana already just because of one game? Yes he picked apart Chicago but he couldn't deliver the knock out blow. The same thing happened against the inferior KC Chiefs. There is no doubt he is a confident QB but what will the Leinart legacy be? Nobody knows especially after 2 games He isn't even the best rookie QB so far. In all honesty Bruce Gradkowski is doing as good if not better job than Leinart at this point.

Pennington has been excellent this season and deserves high praise. However, you also have to think about the future and I doubt he will be here in 2 or 3 years from now.

Quaterback is still the most important position on a football team. I'd feel a much better about the Jets' future if we had Matt Leinart then Kellen Clemens.

If it wasn't for Neil Rackers missing two important fg's the guy would be 2-0 as a starter. He looked impressive as a rookie playing against a Chicago Bears defense that is the best the NFL has seen in years.

Enjoy.

Is your next screen name going to be CardinalsFan, Peter? Let me know so I can keep my database updated.

I don't think people said he would suck. I think the correct term was "over-rated". Are you ready to crown this guy the next Montana already just because of one game? Yes he picked apart Chicago but he couldn't deliver the knock out blow. The same thing happened against the inferior KC Chiefs. There is no doubt he is a confident QB but what will the Leinart legacy be? Nobody knows especially after 2 games He isn't even the best rookie QB so far. In all honesty Bruce Gradkowski is doing as good if not better job than Leinart at this point.

Are U F'n serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leinart had nothing to do with this LOSS... Nothing!

Gradkowski played the Bengals D and got a luck roughing call to win game.

Pennington has been excellent this season and deserves high praise. However, you also have to think about the future and I doubt he will be here in 2 or 3 years from now.

Quaterback is still the most important position on a football team. I'd feel a much better about the Jets' future if we had Matt Leinart then Kellen Clemens.

I don't have an opinion until I see Clemens play a few games. Matt Leinart is so far 0-2 as a starter. Clemens is 0-0. For all we know, Leinart may never win a game in this league, and Clemens could go on to the HoF. Let's give both these guys a chance to fail or succeed.

Are U F'n serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leinart had nothing to do with this LOSS... Nothing!

Gradkowski played the Bengals D and got a luck roughing call to win game.

Of course I'm serious. I'm not saying he is responsible. He played well. They had plenty of opportunities to put the Bears away but didn't. I would say Leinart had something to do with that.

One thing to remember is we did not have to trade up for ML, we still get mangold with 2nd #1 pick

Basically Dbrick vs ML

Other possibility was packaging mangold pick and clemmons pick to 9th slot

with Lions

at this point ML looks like a stud in the making

One thing to remember is we did not have to trade up for ML, we still get mangold with 2nd #1 pick

Basically Dbrick vs ML

Other possibility was packaging mangold pick and clemmons pick to 9th slot

with Lions

at this point ML looks like a stud in the making

another thing: leinhart already looks incredibly poised and confident. the bears prepped for him as they would a typical rookie and probably called plays designed to trick and confuse but he surprised them with his presence. my point is he has limited upside when teams start playing defense against him as they would a veteran.

Matt Leinart did absolutely nothing last night to make me say, "Wow, he is so much better than Chad Pennington".

Lefty Chad, as I said all long. Last night did nothing more than confirm it.

BTW, Leinart is now 0-1 in his career against top ten defenses. ;)

This Just in...

Penne blows and will never win a SB with Jets... never

ML will win a SB B4 our resident noodle

Care to bet?

If Chad is throwing in the friendly confines of a domed stadium in AZ, then his armstrength is a non issue. Plain and simple. You know how much have blasted Chad in the past. Leinart, in NY, in the cold windy winters, is no better an option than Chad. He was not the right pick for NY.

If Chad is throwing in the friendly confines of a domed stadium in AZ, then his armstrength is a non issue. Plain and simple. You know how much have blasted Chad in the past. Leinart, in NY, in the cold windy winters, is no better an option than Chad. He was not the right pick for NY.

Chad armstrength is a non issue right now plain and simple. Chad has been outstanding so far this season. he had 1 bad game in Jacsonville along with the rest of the team

Chad armstrength is a non issue right now plain and simple. Chad has been outstanding so far this season. he had 1 bad game in Jacsonville along with the rest of the team

It's the middle of October. Juszt wait until it starts getting real cold and real windy in the meadowlands and get back to me. His armstrength will always be an issue unless he plays in a dome. Same goes for Leinart.

It's the middle of October. Juszt wait until it starts getting real cold and real windy in the meadowlands and get back to me. His armstrength will always be an issue unless he plays in a dome. Same goes for Leinart.

i'll be interested to see how we do in the cold windy months. It ain't all bad having a smart game manager taking snaps in inclement weather

You can get back to me on that one Chad's arm is just fine. wind or no wind cold or no cold. he is a smart accurate player and his arm is fine.

Archived