Wasn't Matt Leinart Supposed to Suck?

Phinsuck

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is NO WAY that bledsoe and brees are better then chad. Thats just stupid.

Bledsoe has been to two SBs, stepping in nicely on the playoff run when Brady went down. His career stats put him among the top 5 in several categories. He is almost certainly a Hall of Fame lock.

Brees I think has a better record than Chad, and currently has the Saints off to a great start, having just knocked off the Eagles, who have a pretty solid defense. Chad probably would have mustered a FG against them in all likelihood. Both players have actually completed an NFL season, both players have thrown for more TDs than Chad in any given season.

I think you are lacking in football knowledge.

Bledsoe has been to two SBs, stepping in nicely on the playoff run when Brady went down. His career stats put him among the top 5 in several categories. He is almost certainly a Hall of Fame lock.

Brees I think has a better record than Chad, and currently has the Saints off to a great start, having just knocked off the Eagles, who have a pretty solid defense. Chad probably would have mustered a FG against them in all likelihood. Both players have actually completed an NFL season, both players have thrown for more TDs than Chad in any given season.

Have you been watching the cowboys play this year? Bledsoe has cost them 2 games with AWFUL picks and has been a hair away from losing his job all year. I don't care what he did with the patsys or over his carrer. right now chad is MUCH better then him.

Brees' arm makes chad look like Kyle Boller and has been made to look good because he's been surrounded with ALL WORLD talent for most of his starting carrer not to mention that chad beat him in a playoff game head to head. If you're really going to use TD passes to compare brees to chad when brees had been playing with the best RB and the best TE in the sport for YEARS then there really is nothing to talk about.

Drew Bledsoe is a Lock HOFer???????????????/

Drew Bledsoe is in no way a Hall of Fame lock. He'd be lucky to get in and this is coming from one of the biggest Drew Bledsoe fans that you'll ever know.

Drew Bledsoe is in no way a Hall of Fame lock. He'd be lucky to get in and this is coming from one of the biggest Drew Bledsoe fans that you'll ever know.

It dosn't matter if he's getting in to the hall of fame or not. RIGHT NOW chad is MUCH better then him.

It dosn't matter if he's getting in to the hall of fame or not. RIGHT NOW chad is MUCH better then him.

In terms of what? Bledsoe is a statue back there in the pocket so here in NY, yeah, Chad is probably the better option because although injury proned he does move his feet and is more quick to get rid of the football. If you give me a team with a solid offensive line, I'm taking Bledsoe. Arm strength, experience of playing in big games & winning those games. Sometimes you see Bledsoe make terrible decisions but guess what, so does Chad.

In terms of what? Bledsoe is a statue back there in the pocket so here in NY, yeah, Chad is probably the better option because although injury proned he does move his feet and is more quick to get rid of the football. If you give me a team with a solid offensive line, I'm taking Bledsoe. Arm strength, experience of playing in big games & winning those games. Sometimes you see Bledsoe make terrible decisions but guess what, so does Chad.
Chad dosn't make NEARLY as many stupid throws as bledsoe makes. Come on man. Havn't you been watching the cowboys play? He's cost them 2 games this year with UGLY UGLY picks. Chad dosn't do that. and chad is better then him in EVERY STAT.

Chad dosn't make NEARLY as many stupid throws as bledsoe makes. Come on man. Havn't you been watching the cowboys play? He's cost them 2 games this year with UGLY UGLY picks. Chad dosn't do that.

Bledsoe cost Dallas the game against Philadelphia? Although I do agree his INT with 20 some seconds left or whatever it was was pretty pathetic, he made an outstanding throw the play before. That loss is not on Bledsoe. That loss is on the Dallas defense & the OC & Co. for not getting the ball to Mr. Terrell Owens. Bledsoe did not cost the Cowboys that game. With that logic then I suppose Pennington cost the Jets the game against the Colts because of not succeeding on the 4th & Goal try in the 3rd quarter. No one player or play is the meaning for a W or a L.

The Jacksonsville game, well, all I can say is Drew did a hell of a lot better than Chad did.

Bledsoe cost Dallas the game against Philadelphia?

The Jacksonsville game, well, all I can say is Drew did a hell of a lot better than Chad did.

He did better because the cowboys have a much better team then the jets. Chad is better then bledsoe in EVERY STAT and about 70% of cowboy fans want him benched i can't believe we're even talking about this.

He did better because the cowboys have a much better team then the jets. Chad is better then bledsoe in EVERY STAT and about 70% of cowboy fans want him benched i can't believe we're even talking about this.

Are you really going to compare throwing the ball down the field to throwing dink & dunk passes and 5-10 yard passes to receivers to the Cowboys' down the field passing attack?

This just in, Cowboys fans now a days are CLUELESS. Tony Romo is not the savior nor is he the answer there. He's another Drew Henson, just wait and see.

Dallas also has faced much tougher competiton than Chad has this season the defensive side of the ball. Is anybody scared of New England, Indianapolis, Tennessee or Miami's secondary's? Will Allen and Travies Daniels? Are you ****ting me?

Drew Bledsoe > Chad Pennington.

I'm not going to continue this if you're going to continue to wear New York Jets colored glasses because if you honestly believe that Pennington is the better quarterback then there really is no help for you.

Have you been watching the cowboys play this year? Bledsoe has cost them 2 games with AWFUL picks and has been a hair away from losing his job all year. I don't care what he did with the patsys or over his carrer. right now chad is MUCH better then him.

Brees' arm makes chad look like Kyle Boller and has been made to look good because he's been surrounded with ALL WORLD talent for most of his starting carrer not to mention that chad beat him in a playoff game head to head. If you're really going to use TD passes to compare brees to chad when brees had been playing with the best RB and the best TE in the sport for YEARS then there really is nothing to talk about.

I am not a Brees fan, but he's certainly been better than Chad this season. There's no question about that. Don't buy into the Bush hype, he isn't really doing all that much. Horn and Mcallister are certainly talented, but they've both been there for years. Things didn't click until this year with Brees, so you give credit where credit is due. Chad had Coles/Moss and Rushing Champion Curtis Martin for a few years but never finished above 12 in terms of points scored or anything, I think we consistently finished around 17 and less in terms of offense every year. So if we're going by the injury riddled Chad past, yes, Bledsoe and Brees have both certainly had better careers than Chad.

If we go by current, Bledsoe is 3-2, and has done better against the same teams that Chad has faced. Even if there is a difference in talent between the teams, there is no excuse to lose a game 41-0, when Bledsoe, whom you say sucks so bad, only lost it 17-24.

You said current, not past, so what does it matter if Brees lost to Chad head to head because a rookie kicker missed a FG.

Are you really going to compare throwing the ball down the field to throwing dink & dunk passes and 5-10 yard passes to receivers to the Cowboys' down the field passing attack?

This just in, Cowboys fans now a days are CLUELESS. Tony Romo is not the savior nor is he the answer there. He's another Drew Henson, just wait and see.

Dallas also has faced much tougher competiton than Chad has this season the defensive side of the ball. Is anybody scared of New England, Indianapolis, Tennessee or Miami's secondary's? Will Allen and Travies Daniels? Are you ****ting me?

Drew Bledsoe > Chad Pennington.

I'm not going to continue this if you're going to continue to wear New York Jets colored glasses because if you honestly believe that Pennington is the better quarterback then there really is no help for you.

If it's impossible to compare chad to bledsoe because as you say all he does is dink and dunk then why is chad's YPA more then a yard better then bledsoe's?

If it's impossible to compare chad to bledsoe because as you say all he does is dink and dunk then why is chad's YPA more then a yard better then bledsoe's?

Oh boy.

Chad had 2 really good games to start the season against piss poor banged up secondary's and against Miami had another 20 yard pass taken another 40 yards for the touchdown by the WR.

Those games inflate numbers. Consistency is the key.

Oh boy.

Chad had 2 really good games to start the season against piss poor banged up secondary's and against Miami had another 20 yard pass taken another 40 yards for the touchdown by the WR.

Those games inflate numbers. Consistency is the key.

Bledsoe is one of the worst starters in the NFL. Football outsiders lists' bledsoe's DVOA AS -6.4 that means he's cost his team 6 points this year compared to chad's over 22. The idea that chad can't throw the ball down the field is a MYTH. they have been throwing down the field alot this year and while chad dosn't throw like bledsoe does he certinly has held his own.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb.php

Bledsoe is one of the worst starters in the NFL. Football outsiders lists' bledsoe's DVOA AS -6.4 that means he's cost his team 6 points this year compared to chad's over 22. The idea that chad can't throw the ball down the field is a MYTH. they have been throwing down the field alot this year and while chad dosn't throw like bledsoe does he certinly has held his own.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb.php

You know what these stats mean to me and most people? Nothing. I watch the game and I watch what both quarterbacks do for their teams and how they perform in the game. Do you think I honestly give a **** who has a yard difference on their passes completed? Because I and most people don't. Drew Bledsoe is a proven starter and winner in this league with the Patriots of the 90's and the Cowboys now. He had a few rough years in Buffalo but elevated that teams play in those 3 seasons. Chad Pennington is injury proned and is a great speaker and team leader but if I need to win a game I'm taking Bledsoe, not Pennington, it's as simple as that. Outside of JetNation I'd say I could find at least 90% of people to agree with that and go with Bledsoe.

Congrats to Chad for owning secondaries like the Titans, Patriots, Colts & Dolphins this season.

In true Tx fashion (can't believe I'm doing this) what has Chad done against winning teams?

You know what these stats mean to me and most people? Nothing. I watch the game and I watch what both quarterbacks do for their teams and how they perform in the game. Do you think I honestly give a **** who has a yard difference on their passes completed? Because I and most people don't. Drew Bledsoe is a proven starter and winner in this league with the Patriots of the 90's and the Cowboys now. He had a few rough years in Buffalo but elevated that teams play in those 3 seasons. Chad Pennington is injury proned and is a great speaker and team leader but if I need to win a game I'm taking Bledsoe, not Pennington, it's as simple as that. Outside of JetNation I'd say I could find at least 90% of people to agree with that and go with Bledsoe.

Congrats to Chad for owning secondaries like the Titans, Patriots, Colts & Dolphins this season.

In true Tx fashion (can't believe I'm doing this) what has Chad done against winning teams?

Those stats are MUCH more reliable then any person's judgement which is COMPLETELY subjective. The only completely objective way we have to compare players is numbers and i can understand if the numbers were close but when there is such a HUGE difference it's clear whos the better player.

Those stats are MUCH more reliable then any person's judgement which is COMPLETELY subjective. The only completely objective way we have to compare players is numbers and i can understand if the numbers were close but when there is such a HUGE difference it's clear whos the better player.

You want to know a difference?

Drew Bledsoe - Quarterbacked a team to the Super Bowl & in the other year his team was there he led the team to the AFC Championship Game win

Chad Pennington - Hasn't even seen the AFC Championship Game

You want to know a difference?

Drew Bledsoe - Quarterbacked a team to the Super Bowl & in the other year his team was there he led the team to the AFC Championship Game win

Chad Pennington - Hasn't even seen the AFC Championship Game

He's not the same player he was then. That was a long time ago and the fact that he was in those games has alot more to do with what team you're on anyway.

He's not the same player he was then. That was a long time ago and the fact that he was in those games has alot more to do with what team you're on anyway.

He is still the better quaterback now, given time in the pocket. Would Bledsoe survive behind this years OLine? Maybe, maybe not. But, I guarentee you if you put him behind a good line he's going to be much more successful then Pennington. Even behind Dallas' line, I'm still sticking with Drew.

He is still the better quaterback now, given time in the pocket. Would Bledsoe survive behind this years OLine? Maybe, maybe not. But, I guarentee you if you put him behind a good line he's going to be much more successful then Pennington. Even behind Dallas' line, I'm still sticking with Drew.

I'll take the raw numbers over both our subjective opinions. And they say that bledsoe is one of the worst QB's in the NFL and that Chad is one of the best.

I'll take the raw numbers over both our subjective opinions. And they say that bledsoe is one of the worst QB's in the NFL and that Chad is one of the best.

Good luck with convincing most that Bledsoe is one of the worst QB's in the NFL and that Chad is the best.

Neither is in the Top 10 and Chad isn't in the Top 15.

I agree with you on Brees but Bledsoe shouldn't be allowed in the HOF with a ticket. Very talented QB but far from the top and while he can look good at times the Jets would be lucky to have 1 win with him as our QB. If Bledsoe didn't go down BB would have been fired by now.

You think beating the Titans, Bills and Fins while losing to the Colts, Patriots and Jags is overachieving? Maybe a better QB beat the Colts? I mean Vince Young almost beat the Colts, so now Chad being as good as a rookie is making the team overachieve? Chad has done an okay job, I'd give him a B- so far. I think plenty of other QBs would have had a similar record thus far. In fact, I'm certain that half the QBs in the league would have taken the Jets to 3-3 as well thus far. I think an actual top QB would have had us at 4-2 or even 5-1, and would have won the games we did win going away, rather than struggling at the end.

I'd buy you a drink but I think you had a few too many already.

Let's see, the defense cannot stop the run at all or the pass for that matter, the offensive line is in transition and their backfield is non-existent and yet somehow the Jets should be a .500 team right now or better.

I could find guys off the street right now who would be an upgrade over BJ Askew and Kevan Barlow. The jets might as well not even try to run the ball because the running game is so inept.

Yes, this team should certainly have beaten the Colts, Jaguars and Patriots.

Drew Brees is better than Chad Pennington but no way is Drew Bledsoe right now better than Chad Pennington.In his prime 7-8 years ago this wouldn't be an issue Bledsoe is better but this season Chad has been the better player.

Why is everyone in the state of Texas calling for Bledsoe to be replaced by an untested qb no one has seen play outside of preseason and garbage time? I think Bledsoe is still effective when given enough protection but he makes a lot of stupid passes at the end of games. That last play in the Eagles game was awful. No Cowboy receiver was even close to that throw. I don't know what Bledsoe was thinking there. Maybe someone missed a route or he thought it was a different play.

Bledsoe has a better arm than Pennington but Chad is better at reading coverages and is more accurate with his passes.

OK. So far against the worst team in the league Leinart is is 7 for 20 90 yards with 2 INT's. His passer rating is so low the my PC won't recognize it. If last week against the best team he was crowned the next Brady after this weeks performance is he the next Ryan Leaf?

Word.

OK. So far against the worst team in the league Leinart is is 7 for 20 90 yards with 2 INT's. His passer rating is so low the my PC won't recognize it. If last week against the best team he was crowned the next Brady after this weeks performance is he the next Ryan Leaf?

I'm glad someone bumped this. It's rare that people are ever forced to eat their words. Personally, I'm rooting for VY. Leinart fans are annoying.

Archived