Congrats

PatsFanTX

Listen I think tx is a total J.A. but he is a little bit right. I'm so happy we won and we are doing a heck of a lot better then I thought we were going to be. However, all our wins have come against crappy teams. I was really hoping we would beat Jax last week. Why couldn't I see this game in person. I'm so happy Leon is doing well. Once we get some decent guards and some pass rushers, and another good corner we are in business. Great win today. I want to see one against chicago and the pats now.

Good win by the Jets today.

Nice to see you guys can beat a 1-5 team at home.;)

BTW, Pats are 4-0 in the AFCE, on their way to a perfect 6-0 record.

Gotta walk before you can run, TX. At least the Jets are beating the teams they are supposed to beat - a novelty in Jets-land.

It's true all our wins are against crappy teams, but if the Bears, Colts, Jaguars and all these other teams that beat crappy teams don't have to take any criticism for it, either should we. Who the heck have the Bears beaten exactly for them to be crowned the best team in the NFL? Who have the Colts beaten...in the past 5 years even? The only team right now that's basically beaten good teams in their path is the Broncos, and even though they have Plummer, they are my #1 team in my personal power rankings. I make release them sometime, but with the argument that erupted with my QB rankings, maybe I won't.

It's true all our wins are against crappy teams, but if the Bears, Colts, Jaguars and all these other teams that beat crappy teams don't have to take any criticism for it, either should we. Who the heck have the Bears beaten exactly for them to be crowned the best team in the NFL? Who have the Colts beaten...in the past 5 years even? The only team right now that's basically beaten good teams in their path is the Broncos, and even though they have Plummer, they are my #1 team in my personal power rankings. I make release them sometime, but with the argument that erupted with my QB rankings, maybe I won't.

Lol......release them. It's all just discussion and good fun.

Oh, go ahead...this place is fair and balanced.

GB

I know this will stir a $hit storm, but when the Jets are decent, Chad has prooven he can beat the average to worse teams.

Haha if this thread is still alive, maybe sometime on Tuesday. It gives me something to do during classes, since I can't really do school work during classes without drawing attention to myself. But I think a true power ranking has to take quality of competition, offensive and defensive rankings, and consistency into account. It seems the power rankings across the net are just based on win totals and how much you won by, and the week to week swings are too huge. Ideally I think there should only be rankings maybe 4 times a season, but it's more fun to read them every week, so that's why ESPN and the other sites do it that way. They also all adore the Colts, so you know the Colts will always get ranked higher for no reason, even though we all know they'll lose in the playoffs. How can the best team in the league lose in the playoffs every year? Answer, because they're not really the best team.

Well, I have to agree with serphnx now. You bring a great perspective. If other high ranking teams take credit for beating teams they are supposed to beat then so can the jets. So, to really find out what teams are really good you have to look at who they have beaten with a winning record. And as you stated they are the broncos, however the nfl isn't like the bcs. It's not about who you beat in the end it's all about records. this year we have a week schedule. but who knows when a team will be good from year to year. a lot of people thought miami would be good as well as the bills. washington is supposed to be good every year since they bring in so many high priced fa. So, what does all this mean. well, for me it means i'm happy the jets are doing better then i thought and they have a heck of a chance to make the playoffs with other teams not living up to what the analysts thought they would. so i'm enjoying the season with every win we get against whom ever it is they play.

Oh, go ahead...this place is fair and balanced.

GB

I know this will stir a $hit storm, but when the Jets are decent, Chad has prooven he can beat the average to worse teams.

Sikh -

That was under the old regime, I'm interested to see what the new one can do with Pennington. Like I said - walk before you can run. Stranger things have happened, just look at the Tigers. ;)

Archived