What IS it with Herman Edwards and QBs anyway?

SoFlaJets

Damon Huard - QB - Chiefs Sidelined Oct. 26 - 11:53 pm et

Damon Huard suffered an undisclosed injury in practice Thursday. Huard was hurt towards the end of the workout and missed the post-practice media session. His status for Week 8 is now in doubt. Rookie Brodie Croyle, who threw two interceptions in mop-up duty against Pittsburgh and was horrid in the preseason, will start if Huard can't play. Heavily downgrade all Chiefs pass catchers this week if Croyle starts.

Damon Huard suffered an undisclosed injury in practice Thursday. Huard was hurt towards the end of the workout and missed the post-practice media session. His status for Week 8 is now in doubt. Rookie Brodie Croyle, who threw two interceptions in mop-up duty against Pittsburgh and was horrid in the preseason, will start if Huard can't play. Heavily downgrade all Chiefs pass catchers this week if Croyle starts.

There were people on this site that wanted Croyle to start for us, I thought he was supposed to be good? I'm glad the current FO doesn't listen to Jets fans, otherwise we'd still have Mawae, JAbe and we'd probably have gotten Leinart instead of Brick and Mangold.

There were people on this site that wanted Croyle to start for us, I thought he was supposed to be good? I'm glad the current FO doesn't listen to Jets fans, otherwise we'd still have Mawae, JAbe and we'd probably have gotten Leinart instead of Brick and Mangold.

That was just Assmop cause he is an Alabama fan........Croyle was a good College QB with a big injury history and nothing more.

That was just Assmop cause he is an Alabama fan........Croyle was a good College QB with a big injury history and nothing more.

Croyle is not ready yet to play in NFl, Needs 20 pds added to bulk

Penne was not even to close to play his 1st year and he was a #1 pick, same

as Carson

So get your Rebel ass out of those deliverence woods and squeel like a pig

F**KIN A...right on the money

F**KIN A...right on the money

no if the Jets orginazation listened to Jets fans there would have been an edict sent down to throw every game after Jacksonville so we could have drafted Reggie Bush and his 3 and a half yards a carry

Coach Jerk Chicken's MO is well-known;when you don't make the OL a priority, QBs get hurt. Starting your season with Kyle Turley starting at any tackle spot after he's been out of the NFL for 2 years is just the latest example of his stupidity. To review, spend all of your free agent cash and high draft picks on DL and DBs, and then pick scraps in the later rounds like Marko Cvaka or sign old guys looking for a last payday like Scott Gragg or Kyle Turley and your QB will get hurt.

Coach Jerk Chicken's MO is well-known;when you don't make the OL a priority, QBs get hurt. Starting your season with Kyle Turley starting at any tackle spot after he's been out of the NFL for 2 years is just the latest example of his stupidity. To review, spend all of your free agent cash and high draft picks on DL and DBs, and then pick scraps in the later rounds like Marko Cvaka or sign old guys looking for a last payday like Scott Gragg or Kyle Turley and your QB will get hurt.

excellent post Bugg-remember his motto (and he actually SAID this) "you can't have too many DBs"

Nah, I'm thinking it went more like this:

Herm: "Damon, I have another press conference to get to and I have to get there early to pass out the milk and cookies to the press. Man the grill for me."

* Throws tongs at Huard, hitting him in the eye

Huard: "Damn it coach, I'm a quarterback, not a receiver"

Or something along those lines :)

Haha!

Huard was actually saving Herm's rear end and salvaging this season. Now he has to rely on that on bust on wheels Broken Croyle.

Croyle will probably have Herminator longing for the days of Brooks Bollinger and a 50 year old Vinny Testaverde.

Yeah but unlike Croyle Leinart can actually play in the NFL.

If Herm was still with the Jets, Croyle would be all ours right now. And with Hermie's record with QBs, he'd be starting.

He was alright as a College QB, but he wasn't great. I didn't see any signs that he'd be a good NFL quarterback, other than him wearing Namath's number...

Brodie Croyle is a good qb prospect but he wont be ready until his body allows him to play.. In 3 years, he will be one of a solid qbs in NFL.

Jets taking Croyle would be very very bad idea because Pennington just came back from 2 throwing shoulder surguries and Ramsey had never been consistent, which prompted Jets to draft a healthy qb for an immediate insurance in right price, as a result, Clemens or Whitehurst were better choices and Croyle was not.

Right now, Pennington looks healthy and Clemens is stuck in the tar pit waiting to get an opportunity. Thankfully, it was not Leinart who cost a fortune to carry the clipboard.

Brodie Croyle is a good qb prospect but he wont be ready until his body allows him to play.. In 3 years, he will be one of a solid qbs in NFL.

Jets taking Croyle would be very very bad idea because Pennington just came back from 2 throwing shoulder surguries and Ramsey had never been consistent, which prompted Jets to draft a healthy qb for an immediate insurance in right price, as a result, Clemens or Whitehurst were better choices and Croyle was not.

Right now, Pennington looks healthy and Clemens is stuck in the tar pit waiting to get an opportunity. Thankfully, it was not Leinart who cost a fortune to carry the clipboard.

someone who knows what he speaks:)

Croyle is not ready yet to play in NFl, Needs 20 pds added to bulk

Penne was not even to close to play his 1st year and he was a #1 pick, same

as Carson

So get your Rebel ass out of those deliverence woods and squeel like a pig

I can't...Dees woods provide a mighty good hunt;) I already squeeled like a pig when arkansas ass-raped Ole Miss this year.

Archived