Simple question

Matt39

Why are opposing fans, espeically Boston and Mets fans SOOO concerned with the Yankees?

It's pathetic. Borderline scary.

Let us worry about our own team, and you worry about yours.

Believe me, im not stressing the Red Sox blowing it to the Blue Jays tonight.

Why are opposing fans, espeically Boston and Mets fans SOOO concerned with the Yankees?

i am. Manny and Ortiz are on my fantasy team (two HRs), AND the Sox lose. this is great =D>

Nor should you, the Sox just won 5 in a row and are firing on pretty much all cylinders.

The Mets are one of the hottest teams in baseball, again, firing on most cylinders (sorry Looper)

The Yanks are taking it from all sides because they collectively suck like a Hoover. Dude, where ya been? Yankee hating is a national passtime. Whether its fair or not...we get almost as much (in some cases MORE) joy out of watching the Yankees tank than watching our teams win.

You cant rape, pillage, plunder, steal from other teams, and by the way urinate all over the sanctity of MLB for a decade and not expect a little backlash from the rest of us innocent bystanders.

Also, you cant load your team up with notorious grade-A scumbag assholes and expect not to be hated on!

Dude, it comes with being a Yankee fan. You get no joy out of meaningless regular season wins, regular season losses are magnified, playoff and W/S wins are ho-hum, playoff, w/s losses are reasons to off yourselves...and everyone else hates you because we think youre arrogant and silly.

Believe me, we aint jealous. I thank God every day I am not a Yankee fan!

Speaking as a Yankee fan let me answer this one for you.

1) Sox fans and Mutts fans hate that the Yankees have won and won and won through the past whatever 80, 85 years. They all love to scream payroll and how George is destroying the game but the fact is until a salary cap is implemented George is breaking no rules. He took a franchise that had been run into the ground by CBS in the late 60's and early 70's and has turned it into the most profitable franchise in ALL of sports. Trust me if the Sox, Mets, Brewers, Pirates or the Tidewater Tides had George's money they would spending it just as fast as George does and anybody who thinks I'm lying about that is a fool.

2) When the Yankee lose it is like Mardi Gras, and New Year's day wrapped into one.

The old credo I root for two the teams the Red Sox and whoever is playing the Yankees applies here. Just like the Dallas Cowboys or the Boston Celtics, Yankee fans run from coast to coast and other teams fans cannot stand that when the Yankees come to town half their stadium if full of Yankee fans. The owners don't though. It is just another big payday.

3) They need to get their shots in now cause come October they know deep in their hearts the Yankees will be in the post season.

As much as the Yankees have spit the bucket the the first two weeks of the season any reasonable baseball fan knows that the Yankees will be playing baseball in October. Or should we just cancel the next five months of the season. The Yankee fan knows that they will start hitting and will have enough pitching to get to the post season the question then becomes will it be enough to get to win the World Series ? Well if the last three season are a barometer then that answer is no. So there is some joy in that.

I can go into a couple of other things. Like Schilling not being able to go more than 5 innings. Wade Miller is once again spending more time on the DL then on the mound. Foulke is obviously washed up now that he blew a save at home. *L* The fact that not one Mets fan wanted Randolph as manager because "He is a Yankee we don't want him here" Guess he is making the Mets fans look pretty foolish right now even at 7-7.

Because for the amount of crap Skank fans were talking before the season. Plain and simple reason. Just look in the mirror.

Because for the amount of crap Skank fans were talking before the season. Plain and simple reason. Just look in the mirror.

Yeah beacuase Sawx fans were so gracious when their team won it all.

Archived