April Fools 2008: Fake Mod Forum Threads: MERGED

Smizzy

Should we make Tictac a mod?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Should we make Tictac a mod?

I don't have access to our email. What is going on?

The Jets or somebody claiming to be the Jets emailed us through the Contact Us thing and said they want to talk to the site owner about the "rampant negativity" that appears on our forums. I don't know if Max wants me to post the entire email here or not but it says that they have worked with other sites before to control these kinds of issues.

This has to be some kind of joke.

Guys this is real. Unfortunately. I forwarded you all a copy of the entire email exchange (including my repsonse). Can you believe they tried to tell us to settle down like that? I felt like it was the old SNL skit -- simmer down now. Simmer down now.

Geez, at least offer me hush money. We have people here that are critical of the Jets. They made the playoffs yes but c'mon this team has some issues. If they can do it again I will be happy. But I won't publish puff pieces just for the sake of getting in good graces with the team.

I love the line about how other site owners have cooperated with them in the past to ensure we are on the same page. I wonder who that could mean, lol.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

To get a bigger table it would be like an additional $40 per month. I don't mind paying for it if people are going to use it but with hosting, etc the site is costing a few hundred a month. We can break even easily (and then some) with the little advertising that we do. But I am not comfortable with Paypal. There were 2 donations sent in the last few months that I returned. This is the web, the concept of charging users for content is short sighted. Besides we are all just Jets fans, profiting off of other fans is wrong. Like we have discussed I view this as a service we are providing. Not as some get rich quick scheme.

Let's see how many people keep playing poker and we can upgrade as needed.

To get a bigger table it would be like an additional $40 per month. I don't mind paying for it if people are going to use it but with hosting, etc the site is costing a few hundred a month. We can break even easily (and then some) with the little advertising that we do. But I am not comfortable with Paypal. There were 2 donations sent in the last few months that I returned. This is the web, the concept of charging users for content is short sighted. Besides we are all just Jets fans, profiting off of other fans is wrong. Like we have discussed I view this as a service we are providing. Not as some get rich quick scheme.

Let's see how many people keep playing poker and we can upgrade as needed.

Max I think your long term goal of building the site and then having it focused on charity work is a good one. Anyone can make money but the truly enlightened are those that heed a different calling.

• 1 month later...

Guys have a very Happy Thanksgiving.

I appreciate all the time you spend here making this place the best Jets site possible. To the east coast guys that were able to make it to our Turkey handout today, that was huge. Kind of glad Thor wasn't there -- they may have mistakenly given him out. He is a different kind of butterball!

Thank You!

Guys have a very Happy Thanksgiving.

I appreciate all the time you spend here making this place the best Jets site possible. To the east coast guys that were able to make it to our Turkey handout today, that was huge. Kind of glad Thor wasn't there -- they may have mistakenly given him out. He is a different kind of butterball!

Thank You!

Thank you for being the 147th coolest boss I've ever had.

Enjoy the day. In the spirit of giving, let your family have some food tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

Thank you for being the 147th coolest boss I've ever had.

Enjoy the day. In the spirit of giving, let your family have some food tomorrow.

:rl:

HAHAHA!

On a serious note: Happy Thanksgiving to all you guys! this is the best Jets site out there! thanks for making it all possible, Phil. :cheers:

• 4 weeks later...

I don't want to post this in public, I can't really. But we have 2 families that we are hooking up this year. I feel really good about it. One elderly woman needs money and we are giving her around $500.

Another family is down on their luck a bit. Sounds like a good family. They are getting some stuff and I wanted to really do something special for the kids. We are doing stuff for the family but the kids will have a brand new Wii to open on Christmas morning.

Lauren just got it at Target. Last one. It feels really good to donate it. It is cool as hell that this site can do something good like that. Makes me very happy.

Thanks!

Awesome. Imagine the look on their faces when they open a ****ing Wii!!

Awesome. Made my day.

Seriously man it made mine as well. Just thinking that this site that has been called every name in the book could do something like that, well it made it all worthwhile!

• 3 weeks later...

What do you think about having a sticky Jets off season repository thread with updates on coaches going and coming. cuts and free agency and draft moves.

I know it's easy for us to keep ourselves updated because we're here everyday, but if you come here out of the blue looking for Jets news you can go right in that thread and find out everything up to date rather than looking all over the place.

What do you think about having a sticky Jets off season repository thread with updates on coaches going and coming. cuts and free agency and draft moves.

I know it's easy for us to keep ourselves updated because we're here everyday, but if you come here out of the blue looking for Jets news you can go right in that thread and find out everything up to date rather than looking all over the place.

We pay you to look pretty, not come up with ideas.

• 1 month later...
Max don't take any of this the wrong way.

We just want to make sure we help this site be the best it can be.

Guys I just got off the phone with BP. I appreciate all of your honesty. I agree to an extent that we have gotten distracted by certain things in the past.

I am 100% on board with having the entire focus here being on remaining positive. Somebody throws stones at us, we remain confident and turn the other cheek. In the past you are right, we felt we had something to prove. Now there is nothing to prove. So we just continue to do our charity work and grow the site.

If people want to steal our ideas and content that is fine. We will take it as a compliment. Most sites are fine, but we all know how hated we are by one person. Someone sent me an email where I (actually we all were) called douchebags and a few other names. When I read it I had the same reactions you guys are having now. Why bother fighting it? We can't tell people what to think. So let's just do what is right and not worry about that which we can't control.

BP nailed it on the phone just now. Let the truth be our guide. I like that. Thanks for the perspective guys.

Guys I just got off the phone with BP. I appreciate all of your honesty. I agree to an extent that we have gotten distracted by certain things in the past.

I am 100% on board with having the entire focus here being on remaining positive. Somebody throws stones at us, we remain confident and turn the other cheek. In the past you are right, we felt we had something to prove. Now there is nothing to prove. So we just continue to do our charity work and grow the site.

If people want to steal our ideas and content that is fine. We will take it as a compliment. Most sites are fine, but we all know how hated we are by one person. Someone sent me an email where I (actually we all were) called douchebags and a few other names. When I read it I had the same reactions you guys are having now. Why bother fighting it? We can't tell people what to think. So let's just do what is right and not worry about that which we can't control.

BP nailed it on the phone just now. Let the truth be our guide. I like that. Thanks for the perspective guys.

POTW

Thanks for not taking anything the wrong way. We just feel it is time to move past a lot of the stuff in the past. That's all.

Guys in the spirit of team work and building the site -- it looks like we will be able to announce that thing with SNY in mid April. That is going to be HUGE for us. Them driving traffic here like that and with their Daily News connections that is going to be a nice bonus as well.