HAHA, Rivers/Manning Trade = Herschel Walker Part2

SouthernJet

No.

That was the Bears' selection.

The Jets' position selection was Todd Johnson.

Wrong.

Todd Johnson was Chicago's early 4th round pick - 4(3). They naturally picked early in each round, which is how they had the 4th overall pick in the draft. We picked later b/c we were 9-7 - the 19th pick in the 4th round.

Or you can just click this link: http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Day/2003/Trades.htm

Friday, April 25

1) Chicago traded its first-round pick (No. 4) to the New York Jets in exchange for the Jets' two first-round picks (Nos. 13 and 22) and a fourth-round pick (No. 116). The Jets drafted Kentucky DT
Dewayne Robertson
with the No. 4 pick. Chicago traded the No. 13 pick (see #4 below), drafted Florida QB
Rex Grossman
with the No. 22 pick and Florida DT
Ian Scott
with the No. 116 pick.

Know your place, young man. Don't ever try to correct me again.

But on that note, we would've had the #13 pick (Ty Warren) and #22 (we wouldn't have taken Grossman). #23 was McGahee & #27 was Larry Johnson. Pretty sobering. You never trade all that to get one player.

Wrong.

Todd Johnson was Chicago's early 4th round pick - 4(3). They naturally picked early in each round, which is how they had the 4th overall pick in the draft. We picked later b/c we were 9-7 - the 19th pick in the 4th round.

Or you can just click this link: http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Day/2003/Trades.htm

Friday, April 25

1) Chicago traded its first-round pick (No. 4) to the New York Jets in exchange for the Jets' two first-round picks (Nos. 13 and 22) and a fourth-round pick (No. 116). The Jets drafted Kentucky DT
Dewayne Robertson
with the No. 4 pick. Chicago traded the No. 13 pick (see #4 below), drafted Florida QB
Rex Grossman
with the No. 22 pick and Florida DT
Ian Scott
with the No. 116 pick.

Know your place, young man. Don't ever try to correct me again.

But on that note, we would've had the #13 pick (Ty Warren) and #22 (we wouldn't have taken Grossman). #23 was McGahee & #27 was Larry Johnson. Pretty sobering. You never trade all that to get one player.

Todd Johnson, Ian Scott, they both suck.

LaMont Jordan's having a great season, eh Sperm?;):box:

Leon & Barlow > LaMont

Period.

I don't think I've ever seen a more talented team play such uninspired pro football as what I've witnessed from the Oakland Raiders this year.Art Shell has to take the bullet for this what else can be the explanation?

I don't think I've ever seen a more talented team play such uninspired pro football as what I've witnessed from the Oakland Raiders this year.Art Shell has to take the bullet for this what else can be the explanation?

The Raiders problems start and end with Al Davis.

He could be one of the worst owners in the NFL.

The Raiders problems start and end with Al Davis.

He could be one of the worst owners in the NFL.

how can he affect the way the team is playing on the field Tex? HE brings in a Randy Moss and Aaron Brooks and a Lamont Jordan -who everybody pretty much believed would be a 1200 yard rusher-It's gotta be Shell and his co-ordinators.The Raiders were in the SB only a couple of years ago...

how can he affect the way the team is playing on the field Tex? HE brings in a Randy Moss and Aaron Brooks and a Lamont Jordan -who everybody pretty much believed would be a 1200 yard rusher-It's gotta be Shell and his co-ordinators.The Raiders were in the SB only a couple of years ago...

Al Davis has his hands into everything.

He's the most meddlesome owner in the NFL.

Who do you think is really calling the shots for the Raiders?

Art Shell or Al Davis?

Al Davis has his hands into everything.

He's the most meddlesome owner in the NFL.

Who do you think is really calling the shots for the Raiders?

Art Shell or Al Davis?

I think that's why Davis hired Shell, namely so that Davis is always calling the shots. That's his MO, hire a HC that you can control. That's also why no one wants to coach the Raiders.

I think that's why Davis hired Shell, namely so that Davis is always calling the shots. That's his MO, hire a HC that you can control. That's also why no one wants to coach the Raiders.

That's true, but it used to work. Before he turned senile. He was a great football man before the merger. We AFL people owe him some gratitude. He always felt the league sold him out to merge.

That's true, but it used to work. Before he turned senile. He was a great football man before the merger. We AFL people owe him some gratitude. He always felt the league sold him out to merge.

That is so true.

Few people realize that if not for the other owners of the AFL, we would all probably be huttled around TVs watching the AFL today as oppossed to the NFL. Davis did not want a merger. He was leading a charge for an outright win. And the AFL was making strides to victory. The other AFL moderates and Rozelle sought a merger. They won out.

Al Davis was the 'bomb' in the day. It is sad to see him drag the Raiders down now. Every league needs a team to hate.

too bad Rivers can't play against the Bengals every week, huh?

His first pick was a tipped ball, not his bad. Second interception was a good guess by Darrant Williams.

Rivers isn't playing terrible, 1 of his 2 picks were not his fault (1st). Also, why not get the ball to Gates more? He's been thrown to 3 times the entire game.

His first pick was a tipped ball, not his bad. Second interception was a good guess by Darrant Williams.

Rivers isn't playing terrible, 1 of his 2 picks were not his fault (1st). Also, why not get the ball to Gates more? He's been thrown to 3 times the entire game.

all they need to do is give it to LT every play

the Giants had a shot at getting LT?

No. They drafted the best QB that year, only to trade him away. And OBTW they also gave up a 1st rd pick that got the chargers shawne merriman.

Everyone laughed when I stuck by my guns and kept saying Rivers was the best QB in that class. Who is laughing now? Me! :)

No. They drafted the best QB that year, only to trade him away. And OBTW they also gave up a 1st rd pick that got the chargers shawne merriman.

Everyone laughed when I stuck by my guns and kept saying Rivers was the best QB in that class. Who is laughing now? Me! :)

the best QB that year? hahahaha

lets see

one has won a superbowl

one has won a divison

one has started 10 games and been instructed to give the ball to LT every down

(and JP Losman blows)

lets see

one has won a superbowl

one has won a divison

(and JP Losman blows)

Hilarious.

Ben and Eli both win by handing off to their RBs. Obviously, Ben doesnt win by doing that anymore so he is playing like sh#t. Eli, on the other hand, still has tiki barber who's great just like Tomlinson.

Nice try. Rivers is the best QB, by far.

• 4 weeks later...

not me,, i was pushing him while he was still a junior in college,,

said before draft he was the best QB in draft by far.

Giants will go down as biggest Draft mistake of decade

lets see

one has won a superbowl

one has won a divison

(and JP Losman blows)

I was against the Eli trade when it happened and couldn't believe a win-now team like the Giants would have traded up for young QB like Eli. That said, there are much worse players to end up with than Eli Manning. The Giants have made the playoffs 2 out of the 3 years since they've made that trade (yes, they will probably make the playoffs this year) and how on earth do you know they would have drafted Shawn Merriman with that other pick?

I always liked Rivers and wanted the Jets to trade their first round pick last year for him before it became apparent Drew Brees was leaving SD. Still, it's too early to say he's better than both Manning and Roethlisberger. He does have the benefit of playing the best RB in the NFL (LT), the best TE in the NFL (Gates) and one of the best left tackles (McNeill).

Archived