2007 DRAFT PROSPECTS

Pragmatic Bus

Chad, Bitonti handles all the D-Lineman and offensive lineman, so I can't comment on that...

But I attempt to do the impossible -- rate all the other positions....Clark Harris is certainly on that list -- #3 tight end, at this point :Typotux:

TE. RUTGERS.

Harris is a good tight end. Probably worth a mid-round pick.

QB: The Jets have no chance at Brady Quinn. Brian Brohm is weak. Drew Stanton is a good prospect that will be available when the Jets pick comes up.

NT: Alan Branch is the top choice but if the Jets win 7-9 games they will probably not pick high enough to get him. Too many teams are trying to play the 3-4 right now with undersized NT's like the Jets. Doubt Branch will fall to us.

RB: After QB and RB this is definitely the biggest position of need. Good thing it is a pretty deep position in the draft. We have no chance at drafting Adrian Peterson. Marshawn Lynch probably won't fall to us. Michael Bush will be available but we can probably wait until Round 2 to draft him.

OG: Justin Blalock. This is a player the Jets seriously need to take a look at. He is a big mauling lineman who can play both Right Guard and Right Tackle. Two positions of need.

Round 1: Blalock

Round 2: Michael Bush

Round 2: Brian Leonard

Maybe the jets will have a running game next year after all.

Chad, Bitonti handles all the D-Lineman and offensive lineman, so I can't comment on that...

But I attempt to do the impossible -- rate all the other positions....Clark Harris is certainly on that list -- #3 tight end, at this point :Typotux:

I don't know if he's no 3 because he's not the best blocker but i think he could be an Owen Daniels type receiving TE...

Another Rutgers guy (yes i know i'm a homer but i've seen alot of these guys) i like for the jets is william beckford as an OLB... What do you think of him r44?

Riggs,

Are you saying that bit is your resident "expert" on DLinemen? :eek:

That would be like Adrian Jones becoming a Board Director with Mothers Against Drunk Drivers.

dude do you watch football?

Bryan Thomas and DRob are playing like gangbusters

everything is coming up Bitonti

ill take that engraved apology any time tex

Harris is a good tight end. Probably worth a mid-round pick.

QB: The Jets have no chance at Brady Quinn. Brian Brohm is weak. Drew Stanton is a good prospect that will be available when the Jets pick comes up.

NT: Alan Branch is the top choice but if the Jets win 7-9 games they will probably not pick high enough to get him. Too many teams are trying to play the 3-4 right now with undersized NT's like the Jets. Doubt Branch will fall to us.

RB: After QB and RB this is definitely the biggest position of need. Good thing it is a pretty deep position in the draft. We have no chance at drafting Adrian Peterson. Marshawn Lynch probably won't fall to us. Michael Bush will be available but we can probably wait until Round 2 to draft him.

OG: Justin Blalock. This is a player the Jets seriously need to take a look at. He is a big mauling lineman who can play both Right Guard and Right Tackle. Two positions of need.

Round 1: Blalock

Round 2: Michael Bush

Round 2: Brian Leonard

Maybe the jets will have a running game next year after all.

Branch would be my top choice (after AP and CJ of course) but your right he'll long gone before us. But I think there's a chance we can get the other Michigan stud, Woodley, he might last until mid 1st round. He would give us a great pass rusher and he seems like a perfect "Mangini" type guy (smart, disciplined, team captain, hard working, etc.). If Lamar Woodley's there we should take him.

If Woodley's gone than I also agree we should take a serious look at Blalock. I'd be a little nervous about having 3 1st round picks on the offensive line since that would suck up a lot of money but on the other hand could give us a young dominant line that would be feared for years to come. Blalock doesn't really have any weaknesses, great in both the running and passing game. I think he'd be a beast as a RG but he could be a pretty good RT as well.

I don't really think we need to take a RB this year but if Lynch was there and the top defensive players were gone I woudn't have a problem with him but I'd still lean more towards taking Blalock.

I don't want Michael Bush. He would be solid value in the 2nd but I just don't like him. He's a little soft for my taste considering he's so big. I'd rather someone like Carriker in the 2nd round who's the prototypical 3-4 DE and even though he's having a sub-par season if he can be coached up he'll be a beast for us.

I would love to get Brian Leonard in the 2nd. I think he would help our offense immensely and Mangini love versatile players. He can line up at RB but also has great hands and could be our H-Back. He could be a Chris Cooley type for us but better. He's also a great lead blocker and helped Ray Rice be one of the best RBs in college.

Some other options for the 2nd round are Okoye the Louisville DT, but there's a chance he goes late 1st. He could grow into the NT role for us and is only 19 and already 317lbs. Draft has never seen a prospect like him considering his age. Also, we could look at the Auburn OG Grubbs or the Hawaii OG if we don't take Blalock (sorry I forget his name). There are also some potential rush OLBs like Anthony Spencer that could be there for us in the 2nd round if we don't go with Woodley.

HAHAHAHA.

Calvin Johnson no where to be found on that list.

Those rankings are pretty messed up.

It might have something to do with the fact that those are ranked seniors,and Calvin Johnson is a Junior. To my knowledge,draft daddy and a lot of the dratf sites never list underclassmen until they officially declare for the draft.

I would not take bush with our first pick, but if he is there with our second round. I'd jump all over him. If the d line is doing well I really think a db would be on the list with our first round pick. rb with the second if bush is there and with our second 2nd round pick go back to the o line with a guard or te.

dude do you watch football?

Bryan Thomas and DRob are playing like gangbusters

everything is coming up Bitonti

ill take that engraved apology any time tex

Put the breaks on there bit.

I have said numerous times that Bryan Thomas is having himself a very solid year.

As for DFat, 3 good games out of 11 does not constitute "playing like gangbusters".

Mad Mike, good points on Clark Harris. He has been invited to the Senior Bowl, so that's a nice first step for him....

Senior TE's, as a group, are sort of weak, so if a Zach Miller (A.S.U.) type comes out as a junior, he'll go immediately to the top of the list....and maybe others will emerge in time....No one cared about Tony Scheffler last season, until he went to the Combine and did real well.....everyone liked Klophenstein last season, but no one expected a 4.5 40 at his size.

I think Spaeth from Minnesota is really highly rated...but he's got a bum shoulder/surgery to deal with...

Haven't read anything about Beckford being an NFL prospect....He's not real big, but he's Miami fast.....He'll get a shot, I assume...but, again, just havent seen his name mentioned...

Matter of fact, I don't think he's been invited to an all-star game...

JCans --I've actually read that Chris Henry, a junior for Arizona, has elite NFL skills...He needs to return to AU and have a monster senior season...He doesn't play as well as he works out...yet!

Thanks Gang Green 03.....The list is just seniors...the second Calvin declares, he goes to the top of that list...

Here's a juniors list for the Bills fan: http://www.draftdaddy.com/prospects/bestJun.cfm

P.S: Got to fix that, Johnson's name was accidently deleted near his picture, but he's #1 :Nuts:

Faba, June Jones has gone on record saying Brennan isn't your typical Hawaii star QB -- Jones said he's a definite NFL prospect....Is a junior, right now, but it's rumored he's considering declaring...

As you can see, I rank him fairly high on the junior list.

>

i wonder if Steve Slaton is going to join the draft.

He's a true sophomore, I think, so he's not even allowed to declare -- need to be 3 years out of high school.

http://www.msnsportsnet.com/profile.cfm?id=101042

Below is a list of top sophs....He's rated real high...Note: Some on the list are "redshirt sophs", so are eligible to leave...few should, though!

http://www.draftdaddy.com/prospects/bestSoph.cfm

As for DFat, 3 good games out of 11 does not constitute "playing like gangbusters".

youve only seen 3 games maybe

look around the league hes one of the most explosive at the position week in and week out

there aren't exactly alot of stud Dts in the NFL - according to opposing NFL gms & coaches dewayne has been one of the better ones since he got in the league

youve only seen 3 games maybe

look around the league hes one of the most explosive at the position week in and week out

there aren't exactly alot of stud Dts in the NFL - according to opposing NFL gms & coaches dewayne has been one of the better ones since he got in the league

I think this has been D-Robs best season by far. I posted a question on here five or six weeks ago asking how D-Rob had been playing (couldn't watch the games yet having just arrived in the UK) and most of the replies were that he was still playing like garbage. I found that hard to believe since I had heard two different reporters on SIRIUS NFL say that his play had improved significantly over the first few weeks of the season. I realize that just because Tx says he's had three good games in a row only means that's how much Tx is willing to acknowledge. Plenty of NFL people have been raving about his play for a lot longer than that and as you said bit, there are those who say he's a guy who hasn't done all the stuff that the casual fan is only able to understand, but he has been a very good player for a couple of seasons now.

Archived