What would be your ideal first-round playoff matchup?

justincredible

Obviously there is no guarantee that the Jets get in to the post season, but if things work out right and they do make it in who/where do you want to play in the first round?

I'm hoping for a round 1 visit to the RCA Dome. For one, I live in Indianapolis so I'd be able to go to the game without a doubt. Secondly, Chad owns the indoors and who can forget the 41-0 drubbing of the Colts in 2002. Sure, it was in New York, but who cares. I'd also rather play the first game on the road since they seem to be a better road team anyway. Yeah, winning the division and getting a home game would be nice, but I'd still rather root for NE next week to have a little less stress in week 17.

I figure a lot of responses will be going in to New England and beating the Pats again, which would be sweet, but I've got to have my best interest in mind here and there is no way I could make it up to that game.

Obviously there is no guarantee that the Jets get in to the post season, but if things work out right and they do make it in who/where do you want to play in the first round?

I'm hoping for a round 1 visit to the RCA Dome. For one, I live in Indianapolis so I'd be able to go to the game without a doubt. Secondly, Chad owns the indoors and who can forget the 41-0 drubbing of the Colts in 2002. Sure, it was in New York, but who cares. I'd also rather play the first game on the road since they seem to be a better road team anyway. Yeah, winning the division and getting a home game would be nice, but I'd still rather root for NE next week to have a little less stress in week 17.

I figure a lot of responses will be going in to New England and beating the Pats again, which would be sweet, but I've got to have my best interest in mind here and there is no way I could make it up to that game.

Jets vs Patriots

There can be no other match-up.

I think everyone here aside from you will say New England so just to be differen't I'll go with the Ravens, even though I'd rather face the Pats for 2 main reasons:

1. We've beaten them this season (in Foxborough)

2. What a GREAT game it would be between two division foes

Here's my argument for facing Baltimore:

1. Jamal Lewis does not scare me as a runner

2. Their passing game is extremely over-rated, I don't care what Steve McNair adds to the table, it's not that good and the still need to be able to run the ball to win

3. Their pass defense is suspect and I think Chad could exploit it with LC & JC as long as Chad has a good day... if he struggles to produce ala the Buffalo game, it could very well be a blowout but even if he plays average I think he could produce some nice numbers on the Baltimore secondary

Call me crazy, but I'm not scared of the Ravens.

I think everyone here aside from you will say New England so just to be differen't I'll go with the Ravens, even though I'd rather face the Pats for 2 main reasons:

1. We've beaten them this season (in Foxborough)

2. What a GREAT game it would be between two division foes

Here's my argument for facing Baltimore:

1. Jamal Lewis does not scare me as a runner

2. Their passing game is extremely over-rated, I don't care what Steve McNair adds to the table, it's not that good and the still need to be able to run the ball to win

3. Their pass defense is suspect and I think Chad could exploit it with LC & JC as long as Chad has a good day... if he struggles to produce ala the Buffalo game, it could very well be a blowout but even if he plays average I think he could produce some nice numbers on the Baltimore secondary

Call me crazy, but I'm not scared of the Ravens.

After we clinch the division, I would like for the Chiefs to claim a playoff spot and face us. Then, we could proceed to run good ol' Herm out of the stadium.

After we clinch the division, I would like for the Chiefs to claim a playoff spot and face us. Then, we could proceed to run good ol' Herm out of the stadium.

It's a shame KC will be claiming 3rd in the AFC West this season and the Jets 2nd in the AFC East, if KC could find a way to get to 2nd they'd be coming here next season... boy what fun that would be:)

It's a shame KC will be claiming 3rd in the AFC West this season and the Jets 2nd in the AFC East, if KC could find a way to get to 2nd they'd be coming here next season... boy what fun that would be:)

Man, he'd get eaten alive by the crowd. Lets hope Denver loses out and KC wins out.:box:

Exactly what I would want to see, Us beatin' the piss out of brady's boys again,That would be a christmas dream come true.Oh and planting brady in the Mudd too...... Again.

No upset for you. Only ass kicking. ;)

.Oh and planting brady in the Mudd too...... Again.

Unless we play somewhere other than the Meadowlands or Foxborro there wont be Mud... what a shame!

We can just plant him on the rubber pellet filled turf and laugh at the body print he leaves in it!

I think Indy will get a bye the 1st round...most likely it would be The Ravens or Pats..

If the Pats and the Jets make the playoff's - I want the Jets. Why? It's the best match-up for us. BB rarely loses to the same team twice in one season. The "revenge" factor. A healthy Maroney and Dillon - and actually using them - could spell doom for the Jets Run D.

If the Pats manage to get into the playoff's - I want no part of Denver. Denver is the Patriots krytonite.

I say one and done for either of these teams IF either, or both, make the playoffs. Does anyone here think their team can beat SD? C'mon now.....I understand Schott's horrid playoff performances, but after LT's season - I think he gets it now. ;)

If the Pats and the Jets make the playoff's - I want the Jets. Why? It's the best match-up for us. BB rarely loses to the same team twice in one season. The "revenge" factor. A healthy Maroney and Dillon - and actually using them - could spell doom for the Jets Run D.

If the Pats manage to get into the playoff's - I want no part of Denver. Denver is the Patriots krytonite.

I say one and done for either of these teams IF either, or both, make the playoffs. Does anyone here think their team can beat SD? C'mon now.....I understand Schott's horrid playoff performances, but after LT's season - I think he gets it now. ;)

GARB..The Jets already beat the Chargers in SD!!! And in the Playoffs...remember. In addition to me wanting the Pats..I would love to see KC and herm.....now that would be justice.....

San Diego right now HAS to be the favorite to win not only the AFC but to win it all.

They have the best player in the game in Tomlinson

They have a fast and physical defense

There are two things that could trip them up.

1) Rivers: First time in the post season, basically a rookie. The Chargers have not asked him to do alot. Alot like the Steelers did with Roethlisberger his first year. If they have to put the game on his shoulders how would he respond ?

2) Marty: It is hard for a leopard to change his spots but Marty sure is trying this year. Let's see if he reverts back to being conservative once they start playing for keeps.

GARB..The Jets already beat the Chargers in SD!!! And in the Playoffs...remember. In addition to me wanting the Pats..I would love to see KC and herm.....now that would be justice.....

Um...it is 2006. Do you seriously think you have anything better than a 2% chance of beating SD THIS season? ...although it would be sort of cool seeing pops against son.....and he may have some insight that others do not. However, the talent disparity is um - well, a disparity.

Um...it is 2006. Do you seriously think you have anything better than a 2% chance of beating SD THIS season? ...although it would be sort of cool seeing pops against son.....and he may have some insight that others do not. However, the talent disparity is um - well, a disparity.

They actually said the same thing back then...LT was going to run all over the Jet D, Brees was going to throw 1000 yards, Marty was way to smart for herm, on and on and on...and guess what happened?

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I still would like to see the Pats in the playoffs that would be a great game....

Um...Kaeding is an all-pro this year. That means he is good. I am sure his chances of choking this year compared to as a rookie are a little different.

Archived