Mangini's press conference(shuts down Kornheiser)

EvanstonJet

SNY

he said something like "i don't know if this comes off as too harsh. but can't my daughter throw farther than this guy? I mean if he can play in the NFL with his arm than anybody should be able to"...he then tried to cover what he said with a quick compliment about pannington's inteligence.

huge A-hole

That crew was so unprepared for a Jets- Miami game that they decided to make Harrington and then Pennington the story to cover their lack of knowledge and game preparation.

It was comical to see them reverse field on Pennington after the Cotchery TD.

I was watching some of sportscenter's coverage of the game and at some point they went back to the MNF crew and at that point Theismann had done a complete 360 on Chad and saying how good a QB he is and all that crap. It was ridiculous.

Watch the Coles/Thomas hit and tell me what you think after seeing the replays. I know you think it was dirty so I would like to hear your opinion after seeing it on tape.

I didn't say whether I thought it was dirty or not-it was football hit but I heard helmuts and personally I think if he had knocked LC out for the season-he would have been OK with it-there was a violent intent IMO-maybe born out of frustration-it all happened too fast for a flag to be thrown there

That crew was so unprepared for a Jets- Miami game that they decided to make Harrington and then Pennington the story to cover their lack of knowledge and game preparation.

It was comical to see them reverse field on Pennington after the Cotchery TD.

The crew is so utterly unlistenable, it is pathetic.

To hear Kornheiser toss these softball questions at Theisman that are supposed to give a "football insiders" viewpoint, is so rehearsed and staged, it is frightening.

And to bring these guests into the booth and just BS, ugh. At least last night they had Steve Young in and it is somewhat football related, but WHY? And then to have Young trash Culpepper about missing meetings, only then to page into the booth frantically later to retract that comment, what drivel.

Monday Night football has lost its way. It does not know what it wants to be when it grows up. Does it want to be a football game for people that like football? It is not. Does it want to be a football game that appeals to the non-football fan? I don't think it is.

In the world of ESPNization of the sports world, this may be one of their there greatest non-contributions to the enjoyment of sports.

I was watching some of sportscenter's coverage of the game and at some point they went back to the MNF crew and at that point Theismann had done a complete 360 on Chad and saying how good a QB he is and all that crap. It was ridiculous.

If he did a complete 360, then wouldn't he still be in the same place? ;)

I didn't say whether I thought it was dirty or not-it was football hit but I heard helmuts and personally I think if he had knocked LC out for the season-he would have been OK with it-there was a violent intent IMO-maybe born out of frustration-it all happened too fast for a flag to be thrown there

My bad. Dirty wasn't the right word. I should have said that you thought it was a helmet-to-helmet hit.

My bad. Dirty wasn't the right word. I should have said that you thought it was a helmet-to-helmet hit.

Oh yea G-man They showed it like 5 times in a row on the jumbotron trying to get the Finfans fired up-the play before when Leon got creamed same thing too-oh yea classless fockers loved it and cheered louder and louder every time it played while the guy is laid out on the ground

lol

Seriously, Theisman is so PC, that he is afraid to criticize any decision and hardly any player unless it is so blatant, that it is PC to do the criticism.

Honestly, I have heared him say " They should go for this on teh 4th and 1", and then when they don't he says "I can see why, that is the right call".

Who does that and looks in the mirrow in the morning.

Kornheise was supposed to be this Howard Cosell figure that was supposed to be cutting at the core and sardonic, but he comes off as if he is afraid to make a football comment without deferring to the great football minds.

Grab a freaking pair of balls and tell us what you think!

Oh yea G-man They showed it like 5 times in a row on the jumbotron trying to get the Finfans fired up-the play before when Leon got creamed same thing too-oh yea classless fockers loved it and cheered louder and louder every time it played while the guy is laid out on the ground

I heard the crowd cheering but If I'm not mistaken Leon got laid out on the previous play so the crowd was already in a frenzy.

Then again, showing the hit at the Stadium over and over before Coles got up was bush league.

I heard the crowd cheering but If I'm not mistaken Leon got laid out on the previous play so the crowd was already in a frenzy.

Then again, showing the hit at the Stadium over and over before Coles got up was bush league.

yea it was perfect example of the classless Dolphin fans-the SUCK SUCK SUCK just like their chant of J-E-T-S suck suck suck-they got nuthin' I'd HATE to be a Dolphins fan right about now.

Oh yea Saban has decided to for the first time in Fins history to NOT have a 4:15 PC today....wonder why?

yea it was perfect example of the classless Dolphin fans-the SUCK SUCK SUCK just like their chant of J-E-T-S suck suck suck-they got nuthin' I'd HATE to be a Dolphins fan right about now.

Oh yea Saban has decided to for the first time in Fins history to NOT have a 4:15 PC today....wonder why?

Doesn't he have to do a press conference per NFL rules?

roll tide?

roll tide?

Pop Warner at best...

I understood the fans going crazy over the Leon hit, even I was actually... (sorry Leon) but the coles hit was clearly a Helmet to Helmet hit and ZT was shooting for an "Injury" hit... your taught to put your helmet on the ball not on the other guys face, he is a pro player and a good one at that, no reason why he couldnt have shot for the ball if he wanted to.

Archived