Mangini: Coach of the year?

penguini 15

Payton took a 3-13 team and made them a 10-5 team and NFC South Champs. Sure, the NFC is weak, but I think Payton gets COTY.

I think Mangini and Payton are really the only two who should get any consideration, though, as they are head and shoulders above the rest with what they have done this year.

without a doubt. QB off 2 rotator cuff injuries. Past HC deserts sinking ship. HOF RB can't play. Best pass rusher gone. 2 rookies on offensive line. Whole new offensive and defensive system installed. This season has been a friggin miracle. Mangini has taken a team with mediocre personel who weren't well prepared in past, didn't know how to game plan or manage a clock, and turned them into a disciplined, well coached, smart football team in less than one season. Only one even close is Sean Payton, and he got the benefit of a new Pro bowl QB and a brilliant play maker in the draft. I just hope they wrap up Mangini for the next 20 yrs!

Payton took a 3-13 team and made them a 10-5 team and NFC South Champs. Sure, the NFC is weak, but I think Payton gets COTY.

I think Mangini and Payton are really the only two who should get any consideration, though, as they are head and shoulders above the rest with what they have done this year.

the guy across from Skippy Bayless put it this way-Mangini had no Drew Brees or Duece Mac or Reggie Bush-he had a ? at QB coming off his 2nd surgery no RB and two rookies starting on the OL-one at the all important LT position

the guy across from Skippy Bayless put it this way-Mangini had no Drew Brees or Duece Mac or Reggie Bush-he had a ? at QB coming off his 2nd surgery no RB and two rookies starting on the OL-one at the all important LT position

I guess we agree with each other!

Hey I agree and I would give my vote to Mangini. I just think Payton will win it.

I disagree with Fisher. He started 0-5 and started Kerry Collins after only a week with the team. You can't blow 5 games and then make a comeback to get the award, you should coach well the whole season. If he were smarter he would have started Vince right away. Being 8-7 and not making the playoffs isn't good enough in my opinion.

I disagree with Fisher. He started 0-5 and started Kerry Collins after only a week with the team. You can't blow 5 games and then make a comeback to get the award, you should coach well the whole season. If he were smarter he would have started Vince right away. Being 8-7 and not making the playoffs isn't good enough in my opinion.

it's pretty easy to say he should have started Young right away now. We have no idea if he was ready the first few weeks of the season. maybe he was having a hard time picking up the offense, who knows. But the team could have fallen apart after the start they had, and they didn't. I give the coach the credit for that.

I'm not saying he should win, but he should be in the top 5

I agree.

The Titans winning streak has been beyond definition. They won a game against the Jags with zero points on offense and 3 defensive TD's. That's not good coaching, it's luck!

The other games VY won them on amazing plays.

I think what it comes down to is this:

Saints: Drew Brees, Deuce McAllister, Reggie Bush

With the talent Payton has, he's had more to work with than Mangini, despite otherworldy play by Laveranues Coles and Jerricho Cotchery. My vote would go to Mangini, but Payton will get it as the Saints are the other feel-good story of the year.

Eric gets my vote ,I`m sorry half of loiusiana got washed off the face of the earth ,but the fact is The Saints had more to work with as a team this year then us including the top pick in the draft ,we had a ROOKIE head coach & rookie head Off. Cord, a new def. cord. a QB who had never made it through a season without being injured & comming off. 2 rotator cuff surgeries & the JETS starting RB Curtis m. was banged up early on & none of the so called experts expected us to win 4 games even after the schd. came out ,so screw the sentimental pick of S.P. & give it to the guy who`s earned it Eric Mangini...

Coach Eric Mangini has turned this Jets franchise from a 4-12 season to a current 9-6 season. Do you think he should be coach of the year?

If ever there is justification for an AFC and NFC award, this year is it.

Mangini has done a great job. He is as deserving as Payton is.

True justice would be a tie between mangini and payton.

Fisher has to get some backing- most people thought the Titans would win only a couple of games this year.- even less than us! Fisher confirms in my mind that he is a damn good coach.

I know this is being selfish...but even though Mangini is deserving of the honor, for my own Jets reasons I DON'T WANT HIM TO WIN

Too many ways to lose a coach of this calibre.....a COTY award will coast the Jets alot in $$$$$$$$, and fending off possible suiters

I know this is being selfish...but even though Mangini is deserving of the honor, for my own Jets reasons I DON'T WANT HIM TO WIN

Too many ways to lose a coach of this calibre.....a COTY award will coast the Jets alot in $$$$$$$$, and fending off possible suiters

don't worry JonE he won't win it and we all pretty much deep down in our hearts know this to be true-and why he won't

Archived