anyone have clips of the 2 cheap shots Monday night?

Jetfan13

My a**hole brother is a Dolfag fan and is insisting they were both clean, great hits. Please help me to shut up another a**wipe

If you're his younger bro then you need to throw him an old fashion beating (kicks to the stomach and such), if he's the older bro then you need to throw him a modern style beating (use a stick or something).;)

They were clean hits. This is football - you are supposed to hit your oppenent. If every hard hit is going to be construed as dirty - you may as well have the players play flag football. Honestly - this has gotten out of control.

I have a questions. Did anyone see Jason Taylor get poked in the eye? Was it intentional? Did it just happen? Do you think the fact that he was out of the game after that have anything to do with the Jest victory?

They were clean hits. This is football - you are supposed to hit your oppenent. If every hard hit is going to be construed as dirty - you may as well have the players play flag football. Honestly - this has gotten out of control.

I have a questions. Did anyone see Jason Taylor get poked in the eye? Was it intentional? Did it just happen? Do you think the fact that he was out of the game after that have anything to do with the Jest victory?

Surely you jest, Gab.

The true story is that after D'Brick pancaked NeutroTaylor, the crybaby started welling up and was about to have one of his cryin spells. D'Brick felt badly about it and offered to dab Taylorgena's eyes with a sideline yardmarker but he applied a little too much force. The rest is history.

what really sucked about it Garb is up on the jumbotron they kept showing it over and over eliciting louder and louder cheers while LC lay motionless on the turf

Thomas led with his helmet which is illegal. On the replays you can clearly see him lower his head slightly as he came in for the hit.

The ZT hit was an intentional Helmet to Helmet hit, period.

He is a pro football player and a good one at that, and your telling me he doesnt know to put his helmet on the ball?? Rather than try to kill coles?

It looked like a helmet to helmet hit to me, and I'd be surprised if he isnt fined. The league has an interest in protecting WRs too, and needs to send a message that plays like that wont go unnoticed.

Sometimes I wonder what is intentional and what isn't. The game is so darn fast - how does a player stop themselves?

If the fans did indeed react the way you say they did - then Dolphin fans suck worse than I thought.

I saw Taylor school D'Brick a few times too. Hardly a dominant game, my revisionist little friends ;)

People at Patsfan.com are crying about the helmet hit to Brady while he was sliding for that first down. The one that knocked him out for one play. People are calling it spearing, etc. That looked like a clean hit to me too.

And, not to start a load of manure - but Chad does heave those high ducks sometimes.....if I were Coles I would be pissed at Chad.

This is football people. No crying! :)

It was a good hit. That is what good linebackers do, but I would'nt expect a Jets fan to know what a good linebacker does.

Too bad Vilma can't hit like that.

I'm actually glad that Vilma doesn't have dirty hits and then comes back to the sideline to joke and laugh about it with his coach. If it was such a clean hit why was Coles lying motionless on the field for however long it was with his head looking like it was barely still attached to his neck?

Yeah, Zach Thomas should be fined.

Garb, D-Brick ran around all day with his pointer finger extended trying to poke Taylors eye out, no doubt..

WTF? are you serious? For the record, Taylor wasn't having such a great game to begin with

I'm actually glad that Vilma doesn't have dirty hits and then comes back to the sideline to joke and laugh about it with his coach. If it was such a clean hit why was Coles lying motionless on the field for however long it was with his head looking like it was barely still attached to his neck?

Yeah, Zach Thomas should be fined.

I say the hit was clean - but this is a matter of opinion. However, I agree with you on the sideline thing. Watching Thomas talking to Saban on the sidelines after the hit - both smiling - as Coles lay on the grass. Not cool. Classless, actually. I beleive this to be a direct reflection of the HC. Saban is a putz.

PS....yes, 13, I am kidding. Just trying to make a point.

Garb, is a Helmet to Helmet hit illegal?

Of course it is - but I don't think that was the intent - didn't he hit his shoulder?

Whatever -

The Jest won. Coles is fine. Good luck against the Raiders....not that you need it. Jets by 17....Chad gets pulled by the middle of the fourth to revel in the victory with the other starters on the sidelines. The stadium will be rocking. Great way to put an exlamation point to 2006!

Of course it is - but I don't think that was the intent - didn't he hit his shoulder?

Whatever -

The Jest won. Coles is fine. Good luck against the Raiders....not that you need it. Jets by 17....Chad gets pulled by the middle of the fourth to revel in the victory with the other starters on the sidelines. The stadium will be rocking. Great way to put an exlamation point to 2006!

as for the Brady hit he didn't even get hit in or with a helmet G-but he DID get creamed in the shoulder area-how tough is that SOB man? NO ONE can say he isn't...

Saban wasn't a putz caoching NE??

Saban is a putz,. And, no he never coached in NE - but he did work for BB in Clev, I beleive.

When his eyes lit up as Thomas was talking about what happened on the field - well, I don't blame Jets fans for being madder than hell. That was classless. He should have remained on the field and shown some kind of compassion. I agree - Thomas was classless.....Saban is worse, imo.

SoFla -

Brady got hit in the back with a helmet first hit. Clean hit. Pats fans are still crying about it. As far as I am concerned, when a QB is on the run - he is fair game. Honestly, people cry about the coddling of QB's this year - and then they want coddling. Make up your minds, folks!

Speaking of which - Roughing the passer calls have gotten out of control this year. You can't even sneeze on a QB without getting flagged for it. Ridiculous.

Saban is a putz,. And, no he never coached in NE - but he did work for BB in Clev, I beleive.

When his eyes lit up as Thomas was talking about what happened on the field - well, I don't blame Jets fans for being madder than hell. That was classless. He should have remained on the field and shown some kind of compassion. I agree - Thomas was classless.....Saban is worse, imo.

Saban is also prolly gone from the Fins and the consensus out of Miami is; " don't let the door hit you on the way out"

I think Thomas will probably get fined for the hit.

You cannot lead with your head and helmet to helmet is a no-no as well. That is the rule.

The other hit on Washington was about as good and clean as the come. Washington was basically "d-cleated" on that one.

There is alot though that they have taken away from the defenders the past couple of years. Horse Collar tackles, cutting the recivers legs out from underneath him when he has to jump up for a pass, and of course the ridiculous ways they are protecting the QB's all are going to draw penalties or fines.

If guys like Ronnie Lott were playing today he would be considered the "dirtiest players" in the game with the way he played.

That is why you see guys like Rodney Harrison and John Lynch on those lists. I guess they hit "too hard". :rolleyes:

I have to agree with Garb on this, I just like hard hitting football and I don't think it was THomas's intention to spear. THe rules are getting a bit to pansy if it is taking away good hard hitting football. If you want dirty go back to the glory days of the raiders and ted hendrickson. THat was intimidation. or to the old steel curtin defenses. Dick Butkis would have been flagged every play. It hurts to see your player laid out on the turf but this is football.

what really sucked about it Garb is up on the jumbotron they kept showing it over and over eliciting louder and louder cheers while LC lay motionless on the turf

It was nuts!classless and everything else.I was on the low level,dolphins side so i was crapping in my pants while there showing it,like you said,over and over,every angle.I didn't see #87 again until second half.scary sh!T!

I did see them shakin hands and talking during a commercial break.Zack,if nothing else,respects LC,he burns them everytime they step on the field.

Saban is also prolly gone from the Fins and the consensus out of Miami is; " don't let the door hit you on the way out"

Finally,i think you're right,that jet game did it.not going for it on 4th and stuff.They are finally starting to step back and see that the guy has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to make this team better in 2 years.

Before that,though,they were treating this guy like Vince Lombardi or something,it was crazy.To me,he's another coach who proves that being GM and coach is idiotic and it doesn't work.I can't believe the way they bent over for this dude when he came here.What has he done??A BCS championship??I'd love to dissect all the ways he's been a failure,but I won't give the fish any airplay on a jets board.He blows!!period. lol

Archived