Where is Mr Outspoken?

4HCrew

I figured Lamont would have something to say about his former team...I guess since he was put on the IR he just went into hibernation?

That's the only thing a player can do when they're on IR. Nothing worse thana player running his mouth about a game he won't be playing in.

he was good for sound bites earlier in the season just figured coming back would inspire him... I think he only hated not playing which he was right for...I thought for sure some comments at least about Curtis or something as I thought those two were pretty close.. oh well screw him ha ha

It was clear he was not thrilled with Herm who kept promising him playing time & he never got it. He left the Jets (who offered him about the same money) in favor of the Raiders b/c he had a chance to start. I also recall him expressing regret at leaving the Jets and had only good things to say about the team & the fans. Never heard him say anything bad about the franchise.

So if we offered him similar money, it was the team that liked him enough to draft him, didn't play him much, and he said stuff like he'd thought & hoped he would stay with the Jets for his whole career - and then left the team - why else would he leave other than to get away from Herm?

It was clear he was not thrilled with Herm who kept promising him playing time & he never got it. He left the Jets (who offered him about the same money) in favor of the Raiders b/c he had a chance to start. I also recall him expressing regret at leaving the Jets and had only good things to say about the team & the fans. Never heard him say anything bad about the franchise.

So if we offered him similar money, it was the team that liked him enough to draft him, didn't play him much, and he said stuff like he'd thought & hoped he would stay with the Jets for his whole career - and then left the team - why else would he leave other than to get away from Herm?

Because there was still a Hall Of Fame RB on the roster.

he was good for sound bites earlier in the season just figured coming back would inspire him... I think he only hated not playing which he was right for...I thought for sure some comments at least about Curtis or something as I thought those two were pretty close.. oh well screw him ha ha

Agree on the screw-him part. I liked him as a Jet, but he's not on the team anymore, so screw him. I wouldn't mind having a healthy Jordan on this team with a real HC like Mangini to whip him into shape physically & mentally.

Because there was still a Hall Of Fame RB on the roster.

Whose career was going to be winding down soon enough. He would've overtaken Martin soon enough if not for Herm. No one continues to pound a 32, then 33, 34, 35 year-old RB instead of a RB who is:

faster with breakaway speed

younger

better receiver

more powerful

...except Herm. And I'm fairly certain Jordan knew it.

Whose career was going to be winding down soon enough. He would've overtaken Martin soon enough if not for Herm. No one continues to pound a 32, then 33, 34, 35 year-old RB instead of a RB who is:

younger

better receiver

more powerful

I just laugh at the Lamont thing. Believe me they should have worked him into this offense more. They really should have. Lamont would have done very well with getting more touches and Curtis would have benefited from a reduced workload. Herm was always about sweeping the corners, except when it involved important things.

I just laugh at the whole Curtis getting 1,000 every year is easy, it is nothing important. Meanwhile Lamont leaves and barely surpasses it last year and this year he has 400.

Just think if Lamont was used correctly Curtis would probably be still playing at this point...ugh my Herm hatred is coming back

that's the real sin of it 4H-Lamont SHOULD have been a bigger part of the team,but Herm showed his true colors last season with THE dumbest quote I've EVER heard a head coach make...when he said the season was basically over and the Jets were now playing to "Get Curtis his 1000 yards"-he might as well had faxed over the playbook to the rest of our opponents

that's the real sin of it 4H-Lamont SHOULD have been a bigger part of the team,but Herm showed his true colors last season with THE dumbest quote I've EVER heard a head coach make...when he said the season was basically over and the Jets were now playing to "Get Curtis his 1000 yards"-he might as well had faxed over the playbook to the rest of our opponents

Faxes still cost like 10 cents per page. He just read it during his radio interviews. It was cheaper that way.

I just laugh at the Lamont thing. Believe me they should have worked him into this offense more. They really should have. Lamont would have done very well with getting more touches and Curtis would have benefited from a reduced workload. Herm was always about sweeping the corners, except when it involved important things.

I just laugh at the whole Curtis getting 1,000 every year is easy, it is nothing important. Meanwhile Lamont leaves and barely surpasses it last year and this year he has 400.

So basically you just laugh? ;)

LaMont "barely" surpassed 1000 yds b/c he had like 270 carries. Actually 1000 yds on that team, in 14 games, was impressive. He also had well over 500 receiving yds & 11 touchdowns.

So if he got another 250 yards on 100 more carries (like Martin in '98 on an otherwise dominant team) then you'd be impressed?

1998 Martin 1652 tot yds on 412 touches (4.0 yds/touch) with 9 TD's

on the 12-4 Jets with Jumbo, Mawae, Fabini, Jenkins, O'Dwyer, Brady blocking and pro-bowlers Vinny, Keyshawn, and almost-pro-bowler Chrebet (who were #1 and #2 in the NFL in 3rd down catches for a first down that year).

2005 Jordan 1588 tot yds on 342 touches (4.6 yds/touch) with 11 TD's

on the 4-12 Raiders with Barry Sims, Brad Badger, Jake Grove, Ron Stone, Robert Gallery, Coutney Anderson blocking and Kerry Collins making non-use of Randy Moss & Jerry Porter.

And the former's pathetic performance (14 yds on 13 carries) is the reason we lost the AFC championship game & didn't go to the superbowl.

Who gives a crap - neither one will be a HB for the Jets anymore. They are the past. Neither one paved the way to a superbowl for the Jets so don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out to the both of them.

So basically you just laugh? ;)

LaMont "barely" surpassed 1000 yds b/c he had like 270 carries. Actually 1000 yds on that team, in 14 games, was impressive. He also had well over 500 receiving yds & 11 touchdowns.

So if he got another 250 yards on 100 more carries (like Martin in '98 on an otherwise dominant team) then you'd be impressed?

1998 Martin 1652 tot yds on 412 touches (4.0 yds/touch) with 9 TD's

on the 12-4 Jets with Jumbo, Mawae, Fabini, Jenkins, O'Dwyer, Brady blocking and pro-bowlers Vinny, Keyshawn, and almost-pro-bowler Chrebet (who were #1 and #2 in the NFL in 3rd down catches for a first down that year).

2005 Jordan 1588 tot yds on 342 touches (4.6 yds/touch) with 11 TD's

on the 4-12 Raiders with Barry Sims, Brad Badger, Jake Grove, Ron Stone, Robert Gallery, Coutney Anderson blocking and Kerry Collins making non-use of Randy Moss & Jerry Porter.

And the former's pathetic performance (14 yds on 13 carries) is the reason we lost the AFC championship game & didn't go to the superbowl.

Who gives a crap - neither one will be a HB for the Jets anymore. They are the past. Neither one paved the way to a superbowl for the Jets so don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out to the both of them.

Yes I laugh often. Thanks for noticing. Oh and if we shouldn't give a crap about those that are no longer here why do you still talk about Herm so often?

One more thing, why did Lamont only get 400 yards this year? Just curious.

younger

better receiver

more powerful

Even after the 2004 season, NFL running backs at 32 are done. It's been true of even the greatest ones-Payton, Smith, Harris, Riggins(keep in mind that many backs like Sanders and Brown are retired by that age, so we're talking a very limited and known sample size). And to think somehow Martin (who's not as good or as physical as any of those guys)was going to outperform them at that age was idiocy. That 2004 rushing title was a fake phony fraud,a result of a coach who fed one guy the ball no matter what. And not finding a way to dump Matrtin and keep Jordan again shows the incompetence of that crew.

And that was more on Edwards than Bradway, since Bradway wasn't the guy calling the plays. "He's a warrior!" When ever I heard Edwards say that, I really wanted to punch his freaking lights out. It showed how vacant and clueless he was. To hell with reality-Coach Jerk Chicken believed he could alway fall back on his catch phrase.

You can find a picture of LaMont Jordan under the word "under-rated" no matter what book you look at.

He was over-rated here for years by the fans and now in Oakland he's struggling. Don't give me this "well Oakland's offensive line is terrible" crap. He's built to barrel through people where you can afford to have a decent / weak offensive line.

No that's not my argument but it's too damn early and I'm too damn hungover to type my long points out.

Lets just cut to the chase and say LaMont is over-rated and thank god we don't have him here now because we might've been blinded this draft which 3 key future star RB's waiting.

Giving Martin 371 carries in 2004 was stupid with Jordan on the bench. And Michael Bennett is probably thinking the same thing as he watches Larry Johnbson get 400+ carries this season. Why even bother having a 2nd back if this is what you're going to do? Both situations speak of a coach who's too stupid to see the big picture.

I don't know why you guys hate Lamont. I never thought he was a bad teammate or player here...

that's not the gist of it MM-we ALL wished Herm had kept his word and given him the carries he always promised he would-now that he's gone-well he ain't a Jet anymore so we could care less about him

Early jump on '07

By John Murphy, Yahoo! Sports

December 28, 2006

Falling out of playoff contention will never be a good thing, though 12 NFL teams have done just that going into the final week. The blow of knowing that Week 17 is nothing more than a reminder of a disappointing campaign is cushioned slightly by the prospect of finishing with a top-10 pick in April's NFL draft.To that end, here is an early look at what the six AFC teams that have been knocked out of playoff contention are facing this offseason. A look at NFC team needs will run on Friday.

OAKLAND RAIDERS (2-13)

~ ~ ~ Expect to see tackle/guard Barry Sims released before his bonus comes up, which could be the same case for running back LaMont Jordan and wide receiver Ronald Curry. . .

If we re-sign Jordan just ****ing shoot me.

Early jump on '07

By John Murphy, Yahoo! Sports

December 28, 2006

Falling out of playoff contention will never be a good thing, though 12 NFL teams have done just that going into the final week. The blow of knowing that Week 17 is nothing more than a reminder of a disappointing campaign is cushioned slightly by the prospect of finishing with a top-10 pick in April's NFL draft.To that end, here is an early look at what the six AFC teams that have been knocked out of playoff contention are facing this offseason. A look at NFC team needs will run on Friday.

OAKLAND RAIDERS (2-13)

~ ~ ~ Expect to see tackle/guard Barry Sims released before his bonus comes up, which could be the same case for running back LaMont Jordan and wide receiver Ronald Curry. . .

If we re-sign Jordan just ****ing shoot me.

No way Eric takes Jordan back.

However, I would take Ron Curry in a heartbeat as our #3 WR instead of McCariens.

No way Eric takes Jordan back.

However, I would take Ron Curry in a heartbeat as our #3 WR instead of McCariens.

Curry would be one hell of a weapon. It's a shame he isn't able to show the league his talents out there in Oakland. He's got a lot of talent left to be discovered once the Raiders find a Quarterback and get a little bit more help on the Offensive Line.

Archived