Kirwin: Miller carried a 1st RD Grade

Green Jets & Ham

Pat Kirwin, former NFL scout

I am sure that Justin Miller had a first-round grade in all 32 draft rooms, but multiple off-field incidents dropped him to this position. How smart of the Jets to take the kicker first and come back for Miller later in the round. With Donnie Abraham probably retiring, he's a natural fit. And with Santana Moss gone to Washington, he's an instant impact player as a return man (8 TDs on returns, including two against Florida State).

im hopin bradways luck continues , cause we need another OT....hopefully someone good appears after june 1st and we swoop him up.. 8)

Can you imagine if he lands a real deal LT and gets to move Fabini to RT?

That would be amazing.

I swear Bradway is lucky. This reminds me of the Pete Kendall thing last year. Some times these guys just fall in his lap.

Jets war room on Saturday:

Bradway: Hermy, we are on the clock with the 47th pick.

Hermy: What's a clock Terry?

Bradway: A thing that goes tick-tock you dumbass gourmet. Who do we take?

Hermy: Maurice Clarrett.

Bradway: Are you out of your mind? Why Clarrett.

Hermy: CuMar is older than the Pope and he has "PennyBoy Disease" when big games roll around.

Bradway: How the hell did you ever get a HC job in the NFL? Anyway, my fortune teller told me to take Mike Nugent with this pick.

Hermy: A friggn' kicker with a 2nd round pick? How the hell did you ever get a GM job in the NFL? We need a CB Terry!!!!!!

Bradway: Don't worry Hermy, my fortune teller also told me that Justin Miller will be sitting there at #57.

Hermy: Right, what's he gonna do to drop that far, go out and get arrested?

Bradway: He's been there, done that already Hermy. That's my plan. Listen, hold the fort will I go visit with Madam Currier to find out what we need to do in the lower rounds.

Hermy: Gotcha TB, you DA MAN.

sadly TX i think ur version of events is pretty accurate... I refuse to believe the past week in Jet land came out of TB and herm sitting down and logical thinking out a plan.

Nice to see Jet fans are able to comprehend the underlying "true" meaning in a sarcastic post.

Well done fatcat. =D>=D>=D>

Can you imagine if he lands a real deal LT and gets to move Fabini to RT?

That would be amazing.

Yeah, I can definitely see the Ravens cutting Jon Ogden. :roll:

Do you even watch football, or are you too busy hob-nobbing on the Yankee bandwagon to pay attention?

Yeah, I can definitely see the Ravens cutting Jon Ogden. :roll:

Do you even watch football, or are you too busy hob-nobbing on the Yankee bandwagon to pay attention?

Bro I have been to many consecutive Jet games. I am a die hard fan. Unlike you who high fives people who bash the Jets. You make me sick.

And please don't talk about baseball. I mean just yesterday you proposed that the Yankees could solve their problems by signing somebody who doesn't actually exist.

sadly TX i think ur version of events is pretty accurate... I refuse to believe the past week in Jet land came out of TB and herm sitting down and logical thinking out a plan.

Jets got to 47 for a reason. Even Mike Westhoff on NFL Total Access last night talked about it.

They planned on going kicker at 47 all along because they knew that Minny was going to take him at 49 and that he would not make it to 57.

They had a plan and they stuck with it. At 57. They would have taken one of these CB's Bryant McFadden, Stanley Wilson or Eric Green. When Miller fell to 47, Jets took the risk and stuck with their plan and took Nugent instead. Ended up with Miller anyway.

You guys keep ripping The Jets braintrust but this has been a winning program since 2001 and They have drafted and signed alot of good players and continue to do so.

Did Bradway and the entire Jets staff get lucky last year too?

Sooner or later, They either know what they are doing or they don't.

Hermy: CuMar is older than the Pope and he has "PennyBoy Disease" when big games roll around.

Bradway: How the hell did you ever get a HC job in the NFL? Anyway, my fortune teller told me to take Mike Nugent with this pick.

Hermy: A friggn' kicker with a 2nd round pick? How the hell did you ever get a GM job in the NFL? We need a CB Terry!!!!!!

Bradway: Don't worry Hermy, my fortune teller also told me that Justin Miller will be sitting there at #57.

Bradway: He's been there, done that already Hermy. That's my plan. Listen, hold the fort will I go visit with Madam Currier to find out what we need to do in the lower rounds.

Here's my "underlying" meaning.

Pats war room on saturday

BB: All our top defensive players are off the board. We gotta get a trade down here.

Pioli: Noone wants to come to this area. I tried Bill.

BB: Let's take all 15 minutes and try to figure out who we are going to have to take. Hopefully, Someone will give us a call.

Pioli: I doubt it...... I wonder what The Giants are going to do at 43.

BB: You are still The Pats GM Pioli, Worry about The Giants when you take that job when Accorsi retires. We got a pick to make.

Pioli: Ok Bill,Since we don't have a viable defensive option here, We gotta look offense. Maybe you should call Charlie and ask him, who he would take?

BB: I asked him already. He said no offensive players on the board warrants this spot.... Plus he's busy right now trying to teach Brady Quinn how to complete a screen pass.

Pioli: Ok, Time's running out, what are we going to do.

Kraft: Hey Bill, I've got Pat Hill on line 3. You gotta take this call.

BB: Got it.

Pioli: Since BB is on the phone Mr. Kraft. How about that raise? I'm only making 12 dollars more than the equipment manager.

Kraft: It's out of the question Scott. I just decreased payroll in our janitorial department. That's not going to be enough to get you a raise.

BB: Alright guys, I just got off the phone with Pat Hill. He said, We should take Logan Mankins.

Pioli: WHY?

BB: I trust Pat. He's also got a safety for us in The 4th round we should take. Alright, since I know nothing about offense. I'll use Pat's suggestion, Let's send it in.

Pioli: Let's think this through Bill.

Kraft: Listen to your boss Scott, Send the card in.

Patriot Warroom:

Cut to Fresno State "HEAD" coach Pat Hill on his knees performing for BB

BB: ahhhhhhhhhh, yeah beotch like that but faster

bill_belichick_110204_240x200.jpg

Pioli: ummm, excuse me Bill you're on the c0ck, um I mean clock

BB: huh what??? mumble, mumble, mumble...stop Pat, time out!!

Pat Hill: Dont worry coach your almost there

BB: I have to pick a player Pat

Pat Hill: bumbin mamkimps

BB: what??

Pat Hill: 'Slomp', I said Logan Mankins, now just sit back and relax coach.........

Paul Tagliabue: and with the 32nd pick of teh draft the Champion Patriots pick......LOGAN MANKINS of Fresno State?????? wtf...........

Here's my "underlying" meaning.

Pats war room on saturday

BB: All our top defensive players are off the board. We gotta get a trade down here.

Pioli: Noone wants to come to this area. I tried Bill.

BB: Let's take all 15 minutes and try to figure out who we are going to have to take. Hopefully, Someone will give us a call.

Pioli: I doubt it...... I wonder what The Giants are going to do at 43.

BB: You are still The Pats GM Pioli, Worry about The Giants when you take that job when Accorsi retires. We got a pick to make.

Pioli: Ok Bill,Since we don't have a viable defensive option here, We gotta look offense. Maybe you should call Charlie and ask him, who he would take?

BB: I asked him already. He said no offensive players on the board warrants this spot.... Plus he's busy right now trying to teach Brady Quinn how to complete a screen pass.

Pioli: Ok, Time's running out, what are we going to do.

Kraft: Hey Bill, I've got Pat Hill on line 3. You gotta take this call.

BB: Got it.

Pioli: Since BB is on the phone Mr. Kraft. How about that raise? I'm only making 12 dollars more than the equipment manager.

Kraft: It's out of the question Scott. I just decreased payroll in our janitorial department. That's not going to be enough to get you a raise.

BB: Alright guys, I just got off the phone with Pat Hill. He said, We should take Logan Mankins.

Pioli: WHY?

BB: I trust Pat. He's also got a safety for us in The 4th round we should take. Alright, since I know nothing about offense. I'll use Pat's suggestion, Let's send it in.

Pioli: Let's think this through Bill.

Kraft: Listen to your boss Scott, Send the card in.

=D>=D>=D>

Actually here's how it probably went...

BB: God this draft is crap.

Pioli: Yep. Not much high end talent here.

BB: I don't see how any of these LBs or CBs is going to come in and set the world on fire.

Pioli: That Miller kid's the best guy here, but he's a headcase. I talked with his coaches and they said the kid is a thug and doesn't take to coaching.

BB: Look, we both agree this draft is crap, right? So why break our backs to get slightly more talented guys with major issues? Why don't we do our best to acquire picks for next year when the draft is actually worth a damn, and focus on getting guys who won't require handholding or babysitting?

Pioli: Makes sense. Mankins is the #1 O-lineman on our board. We have him as 2nd round value, but everyone left is 2nd round value except maybe the Miller kid...

BB: Hell no. Let him be some other teams headache. I'm not gonna be the guy who takes him and regrets it three years down the road. Any trade down offers?

Pioli: A couple but the value sucks.

BB: Alright. We'll wait till the clock expires and see if anything rolls in, if not we'll take Mankins. Scars thinks the kid can be a fine left tackle and a good right one. He's got the right attitude and he can contribute right away at OG or RT. Won't be a headache.

Pioli: Alright then. Last year we woulda snagged him at 64 you know.

BB: This year Vince Wilfork would've been a top 5 pick. There's no help for it. Best player for our team here. We'll trade down and out with the rest of our picks and focus on ST, depth, and guys who are going to fit in here. We don't need to find guys to start right away.

Pioli: Agreed.

Problem with The Pats taking a CB at 32 is that they already have alot of players at that position on the roster.

Asante Samuel, Tyrone Poole, Duane Starks, Eugene Wilson, Randall Gay and they just signed Chad Scott.

They also drafted Ellis Hobbs in The 3rd round. That position is over crowded.

If Wilson gets moved to his natural CB position. Then he would start with Samuel most likely. While Poole plays the nickel. Starks, Gay, Hobbs and Scott battle it out for dime duty.

The move, I think is to keep Wilson at FS with Harrison. Start Samuel and Starks at CB. Poole plays the nickel CB. Let Gay and Hobbs battle it our for the dime spot.

Move Chad Scott to FS. Since he's too slow for CB right now and has been injury prone.

The two Scott's, Chad and Gus can backup Wilson and Harrison.

Pats could have gone MLB at 32. Maybe with a Barrett Ruud type who was drafted 4 spots later. But with the loss of Andruzzi, Pats wanted an offensive lineman and Mankins got high praise from a former BB assistant.

If they were truly in love with Mankins, It would not have taken 15 minutes to make the pick. Pats felt like, we are not going to get a trade down and we may not see this player at 64. So let's take him now.

I like the player in Mankins. Just not the spot he was taken. I talked about this on this site a month ago. How teams that pick late in the first round will reach for players that they know they won't see late in The 2nd round.

Actually here's how it probably went...

BB: God this draft is crap.

Pioli: Yep. Not much high end talent here.

BB: I don't see how any of these LBs or CBs is going to come in and set the world on fire.

Pioli: That Miller kid's the best guy here, but he's a headcase. I talked with his coaches and they said the kid is a thug and doesn't take to coaching.

BB: Look, we both agree this draft is crap, right? So why break our backs to get slightly more talented guys with major issues? Why don't we do our best to acquire picks for next year when the draft is actually worth a damn, and focus on getting guys who won't require handholding or babysitting?

Pioli: Makes sense. Mankins is the #1 O-lineman on our board. We have him as 2nd round value, but everyone left is 2nd round value except maybe the Miller kid...

BB: Hell no. Let him be some other teams headache. I'm not gonna be the guy who takes him and regrets it three years down the road. Any trade down offers?

Pioli: A couple but the value sucks.

BB: Alright. We'll wait till the clock expires and see if anything rolls in, if not we'll take Mankins. Scars thinks the kid can be a fine left tackle and a good right one. He's got the right attitude and he can contribute right away at OG or RT. Won't be a headache.

Pioli: Alright then. Last year we woulda snagged him at 64 you know.

BB: This year Vince Wilfork would've been a top 5 pick. There's no help for it. Best player for our team here. We'll trade down and out with the rest of our picks and focus on ST, depth, and guys who are going to fit in here. We don't need to find guys to start right away.

Pioli: Agreed.

whatever.....you pats fans never cease to amaze me. i bet if BB thought miller would be available at 32 he would have left starks in Arizona.

I also gaurantee you that miller will be much less of a headache than david terrel.

it probably went like this

BB: Yes, this draft class truly does suck

Pioli: What should we do?

BB: Well, not like it matters much. I believe I should build a troll out of wax and draft him.

Pioli: What about an obscure offensive tackle with a feminine name?

BB: I suppose. Not like it matters though. Either way I will be heralded a genius by the toolshed Patriot fans on Jetnation.com. And Richard Seymour will fashion himself as a genius and demand all praise.

Pioli: So... man t!ts?

BB: Man t!ts

whatever.....you pats fans never cease to amaze me. i bet if BB thought miller would be available at 32 he would have left starks in Arizona.

I also gaurantee you that miller will be much less of a headache than david terrel.

Well, given that we took a CB with our "2nd round pick" in the draft, I think if BB had WANTED Miller at 32, he would have taken him.

I also guarantee you that if David Terrell is a headache we can cut him with NO significant cap hit and NO wasted draft pick, and I guarantee you can't say the same of Miller.

Archived