The SJ Memorial Turd Of The Week

The Gun Of Bavaria

Next up, Tony Dumby.

SI had a players' poll last week of the easiest and hardest coaches to play for. Dumby was the easiest and Edwards #2.You know how this is gonna end. Tom Moore and Manning are probably going to brainstorm like crazy to overcome their "defensive" HC.

Marlon McCree? Are you serious? If it weren't for him that secondary wouldn't be as good as it has been this season. Any guy would pick that off and try to run it back. The goats of this game are Drayton Florence & Eric Parker. Period.

Marlon McCree? Are you serious? If it weren't for him that secondary wouldn't be as good as it has been this season. Any guy would pick that off and try to run it back. The goats of this game are Drayton Florence & Eric Parker. Period.

The smarter play would have been to just knock the pass down and take over on downs. Like Vilma going for the strip instead of the sack, and the Ravens trying to strip the ball while the guy runs nine yards and gets a first down, there are mental errors that cause you to lose the game, even though you think you can justify what you are doing.

The smarter play would have been to just knock the pass down and take over on downs. Like Vilma going for the strip instead of the sack, and the Ravens trying to strip the ball while the guy runs nine yards and gets a first down, there are mental errors that cause you to lose the game, even though you think you can justify what you are doing.

The ball was in his chest. I'm sure you would've just knocked it down. Please. Marlon McCree made the same play every single other NFL defensive player would've made when the chance to pick off a pass is right infront of their face.

McCree could have knocked it down or even caught it and fell to the ground. He cost them the football game with his need for glory.

Bull****.

If you really think that, and anybody else who thinks this loss is McCree's, goes down WAY down, on my respect scale.

Eric Parker & Drayton Florence are your two men to blame. Hell if you don't want to blame just Parker lets go with the entire San Diego WR core with numerous drops throughout.

ERIC PARKER should've fell on that ball on the PR. Drayton Florence shouldn't have butted heads. THOSE ARE YOUR ****ING GOATS!

Marlon McCree picking off a pass is your goat? Are you ****ing serious? Wow.

Next up, Tony Dumby.

At least they played big against the Ravens. Maybe Manning can squeeze one good big game out of himself and beat the Pats in the Dome. Dungy is better than Marty, and I just can't bear the thought of the Pats winning another SB.

The ball was in his chest. I'm sure you would've just knocked it down. Please. Marlon McCree made the same play every single other NFL defensive player would've made when the chance to pick off a pass is right infront of their face.

So pick it off and drop to your knees. That INT sealed the game up for SD. No need for field position or even to score more points. It was a bonehead play. And what happened is the exact reason you knock it down or drop to your knees after you pick it off in that situation.

So pick it off and drop to your knees. That INT sealed the game up for SD. No need for field position or even to score more points. It was a bonehead play. And what happened is the exact reason you knock it down or drop to your knees after you pick it off in that situation.

If you're ready to put this game on Marlon McCree then just stop posting back at me cause you arn't going to win the battle. Eric Parker and Drayton Florence are the goats. Marlon McCree did what any other NFL defensive player would do. Period.

Bull****.

If you really think that, and anybody else who thinks this loss is McCree's, goes down WAY down, on my respect scale.

Eric Parker & Drayton Florence are your two men to blame. Hell if you don't want to blame just Parker lets go with the entire San Diego WR core with numerous drops throughout.

ERIC PARKER should've fell on that ball on the PR. Drayton Florence shouldn't have butted heads. THOSE ARE YOUR ****ING GOATS!

Marlon McCree picking off a pass is your goat? Are you ****ing serious? Wow.

I agree there's enough goat horns to go around, but you have to criticize the guy a little, he intercepted a pass that would have gave them worse field position than just knocking it down, and then he ran when he should have just fallen. You can't fumble there, its really a bad error, a very dumb play.

I agree there's enough goat horns to go around, but you have to criticize the guy a little, he intercepted a pass that would have gave them worse field position than just knocking it down, and then he ran when he should have just fallen. You can't fumble there, its really a bad error, a very dumb play.

Yeah, you can't fumble there, of course not but that is the same play that any other NFL defensive player that has the ball come RIGHT ****ING TO HIM would make and try to make a play with it.

Bull****.

Your respect scale must be pathetic if something like who is or isn't the goat of the SD game makes anyones value drop on it.

Oh well.

Your respect scale must be pathetic if something like who is or isn't the goat of the SD game makes anyones value drop on it.

Oh well.

You're ****ing pathetic if you think a god damn fumbled interception makes the guy the goat of the game when he played great throughout the damn game. Eric Parker sucked ass from start to finish. Dropped AT LEAST 3 first downs, including 2 first down balls and muffed a punt and instead of FALLING ON IT he tried to pick it up and make a play and New England recovered. He is the god damn goat.

The NE Patriots & Their Fans thank you for your timely support through an ill-timed 15 Yard Personal Foul Penalty

I'm with ya. I think I said it thirty times or something all told so far. And, Schottenheimer wasting a TO on an obvious, clear cut, no doubt about it fumble. Both idiotic, poor.

If you're ready to put this game on Marlon McCree then just stop posting back at me cause you arn't going to win the battle. Eric Parker and Drayton Florence are the goats. Marlon McCree did what any other NFL defensive player would do. Period.

Really? On 4th down any other DB would have tried to run it back? with the lead in the 4th qtr of a playoff game?

I honestly don't care who the goat was or atleast not as much as you do. It was the bonehead play that stood out in my mind. SD had a 8 pt lead when he catches that 4th down pass.

Really? On 4th down any other DB would have tried to run it back? with the lead in the 4th qtr of a playoff game?

I honestly don't care who the goat was or atleast not as much as you do. It was the bonehead play that stood out in my mind. SD had a 8 pt lead when he catches that 4th down pass.

Okay Smizz, you put yourself in the NFL Divisional Round against the "mighty Patriots" and see what you do when you have a shot at intercepting a Tom Brady pass to pretty much sum up the game and make a good or decent return out of it. Guarentee, GUARENTEE, you would've caught that ****ing ball but we will never know for sure so whatever.

Eric Parker - Goat of the game.

You're ****ing pathetic if you think a god damn fumbled interception makes the guy the goat of the game when he played great throughout the damn game. Eric Parker sucked ass from start to finish. Dropped AT LEAST 3 first downs, including 2 first down balls and muffed a punt and instead of FALLING ON IT he tried to pick it up and make a play and New England recovered. He is the god damn goat.

Glad you were here to nail that one down :cheers: I might be debating this for months with myself. Joe....I don't care. You may have goat crowning rights.

I was unaware you were making a federal case over it. It is at the very bottom of the list of things I give a sh*t about.

Okay Smizz, you put yourself in the NFL Divisional Round against the "mighty Patriots" and see what you do when you have a shot at intercepting a Tom Brady pass to pretty much sum up the game and make a good or decent return out of it. Guarentee, GUARENTEE, you would've caught that ****ing ball but we will never know for sure so whatever.

I understand the temptation, but the smart play was to fall on the ball considering the situation and he didn't make the smart play. Teams like the Pats make the smart play. This play definitely cost them the game.

So what you are saying is that he just wasn't ready for primetime? Because any dback with a head on his shoulders would have knocked that pass in the dirt regardless of who they were playing.

So what you are saying is that he just wasn't ready for primetime? Because any dback with a head on his shoulders would have knocked that pass in the dirt regardless of who they were playing.

Wrong.

Maybe if the pass was to the left or the right or low or high but not when the pass is dircetly fired into your god damn chest. Marlon McCree did what any other defensive back or defensive player for that part, would do.

Marlon McCree is my scapegoat. In that situation, you just have to knock it down, or even just go to your knees as soon as you intercept it. Why in your right mind would you try and run that back? That's an extremely selfish play, you have the win but your guy screws it up while glory-hunting. Although most defensive backs would've done the same thing, there still is the relatively small "smart" group, who would've brought San Diego to the AFC championship game. If he knocked that down, Eric Parker and Drayton Florence's plays wouldn't've mattered. Although it was a complete boneheaded game by the Chargers.

Wrong.

Maybe if the pass was to the left or the right or low or high but not when the pass is dircetly fired into your god damn chest. Marlon McCree did what any other defensive back or defensive player for that part, would do.

It's 4th down....you are up 8 pts and the Pats are in your territory...YOU DO NOT TRY TO RUN THE BALL BACK.

These part of the conversation has nothing to do with who the goat of the game is.

Wrong.

I'm not wrong. I've seen on more than one occasion in a situation like that where the D back just knocks the ball down. Maybe you would like to ask him what he would do if he could press rewind.

It's 4th down....you are up 8 pts and the Pats are in your territory...YOU DO NOT TRY TO RUN THE BALL BACK.

These part of the conversation has nothing to do with who the goat of the game is.

WHY THE **** NOT? You try to kick the Pats when they're down because Tom Brady can EAISLY put up a touchdown.

Archived