Confidence in Mangini/Tannenbaum

TaborJet

For the first time in a long time, probably since the Parcells era, I have a good feeling about what the Jets will do this offseason. I don't know what Tangini will do, but after last offseason's body of work, I feel like they will continue to build this team with smart choices. While the thought of signing the marquee player is always tempting, I don't see them giving away #1 picks, or paying top-dollar for an overrated player past their prime.

For the first time in a long time, probably since the Parcells era, I have a good feeling about what the Jets will do this offseason. I don't know what Tangini will do, but after last offseason's body of work, I feel like they will continue to build this team with smart choices. While the thought of signing the marquee player is always tempting, I don't see them giving away #1 picks, or paying top-dollar for an overrated player past their prime.

I tend to agree, maybe also giving a few pink slips? Bye bye Kimo.

I agree. They seem to have a much better philosoph6y regarding the draft and the overall bulding of a team than even Parcells. Parcells had the philisophy of bringing in his veterans at veteran prices and typically leaves a cap mess when he's gone. This regime seems determined to not only build a strong team, but build it so it lasts for years to come as opposed to being a flash in the pan success.

I agree. They seem to have a much better philosoph6y regarding the draft and the overall bulding of a team than even Parcells. Parcells had the philisophy of bringing in his veterans at veteran prices and typically leaves a cap mess when he's gone. This regime seems determined to not only build a strong team, but build it so it lasts for years to come as opposed to being a flash in the pan success.

from Tannenbaum's PC......

Q)How do you feel about your current cap situation?

Tannenbaum: I feel comfortable where our cap situation is. I don

I agree they are headed in the right direction but moves like the one for Barlow and Kimo were not the best. I am sure they have learned alot this year and will be interesting to see what they can do with substantial cap money.

These were desperate moves. But they didn't ahve much choice given the dearth of talent at RB and DL depthwise. And the Jets weren't winning a title this year anyway. Now they have a better sense of the talent level and don't ahve to make moves borne of sheer frustation.

I didn't like the Barlow move at all. I'm still suprised how mariginal Kimo was. No matter. There going to clear more dead wood and have more cap room. And they know what they're doing, which wasn't true in the past of the Jets FO.

These were desperate moves. But they didn't ahve much choice given the dearth of talent at RB and DL depthwise. And the Jets weren't winning a title this year anyway. Now they have a better sense of the talent level and don't ahve to make moves borne of sheer frustation.

I didn't like the Barlow move at all. I'm still suprised how mariginal Kimo was. No matter. There going to clear more dead wood and have more cap room. And they know what they're doing, which wasn't true in the past of the Jets FO.

the Kimo move didn't seem like so much a desperation move as one they thought would produce more-he was coming off a SB win with Pittsburgh and had that veteran leadership and winning attitude...

The RB situation was a desperate one though I agree with you there Bugg-not knowing if Curtis was coming back-the Lee Suggs deal-no deal.Then Kevan Barlow who we all hoped would be better-who knows maybe with some rehab on that knee he comes back better and faster-it used to be the thinking that it takes a RB 2 years to get back to where he was before a knee injury

I agree they are headed in the right direction but moves like the one for Barlow and Kimo were not the best. I am sure they have learned alot this year and will be interesting to see what they can do with substantial cap money.

Looking back after an entire season they seem bad but think what the FO had to work with when they picked those guys up.

Kimo just came off a superbowl win, starting at DE... Sure he wasnt the greatest ever but he was good enough and at the very least presented himself as a serviceable stop-gap with a TON of know how on the position.

Barlow had one monster year and was coming off an injury, they took a bit more risk here but he had proven he can do it when given the right circumstances.... who knows maybe he really was still hurt this year... we cant kill them for this move, it wasnt the best but it also wasnt a Jolley Trade...

This year is really key to our success. Last year provided the cornerstones for our offensive line. This year, with the draft picks we have, and the cap space available, should net us a pretty good running back (ex.Turner, Lynch), OLB (ex.Shaun Phillips), and /or corner(ex.Samuel). I also expect us to add some beef to our offensive line.

Last offseason compeltely resotred my faith in this team/franchise and I expect no difference this year.

Archived