If Peyton Gets a Ring - Where do you rank him all-time?

Smizzy

I would wait before annointing him as one of the elite. He has what, 6-8 more years left? He has to win the Super Bowl this year, keep his high level of play up, and hopefully make it back to this spot again before he retires. Then I will put him up there with the greats.

I would wait before annointing him as one of the elite. He has what, 6-8 more years left? He has to win the Super Bowl this year, keep his high level of play up, and hopefully make it back to this spot again before he retires. Then I will put him up there with the greats.

Not sure how to count this but...

I have never seen a better regular season QB. He just kills teams.

Now playoffs...where it counts...yea not so much.

Not sure how to count this but...

I have never seen a better regular season QB. He just kills teams.

Now playoffs...where it counts...yea not so much.

He is the Arod of football.

Check that. He was the Arod of football until last night.

If Peyton gets a ring,which he will and he will do it with a horrible defense.

He,to me,IS the best ever.When i say that I mean that he plays the position of QB better than anyone I've seen.

When he finishes he will own every record in the book.

I have NEVER seen a QB whose presence on a tean alone makes them dangerous.

I saw Montana,i loved him,he was great,but the 49ers were great.ask steve young.

You replace Manning and the Colts SUCK.

What's another way I can say this.Switch Brady and Manning and the Pats go 17-0 while the colts don't make the playoffs.

Put Manning on any team and they're a contender.

I haven't been watching football for as long as some other posters here, but Manning is the best I've ever seen. He picks apart defenses like it's nobody's business. The only knock on him was that he can't win the big one. Well, he proved last night that he can. I'm pretty sure he'll have a great SB and beat the Bears by a fairly large margin. If he does, you can put him right up there with anybody, and even make the case that he's the best of all time.

I haven't been watching football for as long as some other posters here, but Manning is the best I've ever seen. He picks apart defenses like it's nobody's business. The only knock on him was that he can't win the big one. Well, he proved last night that he can. I'm pretty sure he'll have a great SB and beat the Bears by a fairly large margin. If he does, you can put him right up there with anybody, and even make the case that he's the best of all time.

im with you he"s unreal,if he had a D like alot of the qb"s had he would have won a SB allready one man doesnt win the game by himself..

1. Montana. No doubt. Rings, wins, drives, comebacks, touchdowns (not huhum FG's) nuff said.

2. Elway. 51,000 yards, 2 rings and scramble abilities like no other. 5 SB's-2 wins.

3. Marino. 61,000+ yards with a 86 rating. His sin? His teams played in the Montana, Kelly, Elway era and couldn't get it done. Golden Arm non the less.

4. Moon. Almost 50,000 yards, no NFL ring. Pure passer, if they included his Canadian stats, lookout. 5 consecutive Grey Cups. Only HOF both leagues. 70,000 yards combined.

5. Young. Shadowed by Montana but in 1991 got his break. Highest rated passer over career, 1 SB. When he played, he won. Had he started for SF earlier, he would have been higher. Mr. Accuracy.

6. Aikman. Winningest starting QB of any era. 3 SB win's. 32,000 yards.

7. Bradshaw. Called own plays, 4 SB rings. Not alot of yards or rating but a winner non the less.

8. Staubach. Accurate, pre-cursor to the scrambling QB. 4 SB-2 wins.

9. Manning - Not finishede with the numbers yet - but will set many more records and assuming he gets a ring here is where I rank him.

10. Kelly. No rings but 4 straight SB appearances in 11 years. 35,000 yards passing. Played in the Aikman era, didn't get a ring, great QB non the less.

If Peyton gets a ring,which he will and he will do it with a horrible defense.

He,to me,IS the best ever.When i say that I mean that he plays the position of QB better than anyone I've seen.

When he finishes he will own every record in the book.

I have NEVER seen a QB whose presence on a tean alone makes them dangerous.

I saw Montana,i loved him,he was great,but the 49ers were great.ask steve young.

You replace Manning and the Colts SUCK.

What's another way I can say this.Switch Brady and Manning and the Pats go 17-0 while the colts don't make the playoffs.

Put Manning on any team and they're a contender.

Manning can torch any defense on any given day

and he's the master of audiables

Archived