Yanks won't win 100 games this year.

BigBlue

Maxman, please provide a few good reasons as to why the Yanks will only win about 90 games this year. Start any where you'd like...

1. Desire

2. Heart

3. Skill

4. Determination

5. Loosey ~ Goosey Factor

Regular season doesn't matter when your payroll is this high. The talent is too good for the Yanks not to be a 90-95 win team.

The Yankees problem this year come post-season will be the same as what it has been for the last 5 years, starting pitching.

I am sure they'd like to revisit the decision to low ball Lieber.

I would also worry about Gordon in a tight spot.

If the Orioles aquire a ACE at the trade deadline I would be concerned in Boston and NY.

Aren't they on pace to finish with 60 wins? What makes you guys think you'll get better from here? The fact that your 40+ year old pitchers might "come around" or that Giambi might learn how to hit without the use of steroids? Or that ARod, two years later, might learn how to play in New York? It can't be that you're expecting help on the trade front, is it? You have no minor league prospects anymore. It's bleeeeeeeak in the Bronx, I'm thinking. I at least hope they're within double digits of the Wild Card hunt when we go to the game. Although I'd personally love to see what a $250 million dollar payroll looks like when it's playing out the string in July, I'd be a little saddened to sit in a half-empty Yankee Stadium when all if the bandwagon Yanks fans are over at Shea watching a team play hard.

This list of Maxman shall be stenciled into the cocktail napkins at my 2005 Yankee Elimination Party!!!

Please don't use these words in the same sentence EVER again:

Maxman

Cocktail napkins

Party

The Yanks will be hard pressed to win 100 games.

Unless some of the players start hitting and pitchers start pitching, the Yanks do not have enough offense to overcome their pitching for 100 wins and enough pitching to oversome their hitting.

The Yanks will be hard pressed to win 100 games.

Unless some of the players start hitting and pitchers start pitching, the Yanks do not have enough offense to overcome their pitching for 100 wins and enough pitching to oversome their hitting.

:?

Rule #1: Have a cup of java before posting.

Why?

They have 5 regular starters hitting under .250.

I do not have to say anything about their starting pitchers.

This is not a 100 win team. Their ERA is about the same as last year, but their power is way down.

Even A-Rod's numbers are skewed by his two big games.

Minus his two big games:

22-91 .241 4 HRs and 11 RBIs.

Again, this is not a 100 win team.

Why?

They have 5 regular starters hitting under .250.

I do not have to say anything about their starting pitchers.

This is not a 100 win team. Their ERA is about the same as last year, but their power is way down.

Even A-Rod's numbers are skewed by his two big games.

Minus his two big games:

22-91 .241 4 HRs and 11 RBIs.

Again, this is not a 100 win team.

Oh I agree PF....was just confused by your initial post.

Wade Miller is due back soon and all the Yankee fans who felt Pavano was head and shoulders the better pitcher of the two will soon find out that Pavano has had one good year.

Baltimore is now 17-7. :lol:

Archived