****The Official Big Brother 16 Thread****®©™

Maxman

i found this report from the reality tv convention

Hey all.

It's Sunday morning so I've now lived through most of the weekend. Friday night was the party at Jokerette's and a good time was had by all. Great food. Awesome home. And it was kind of an 'introduction to the celebs'. Among the attendees were Rachel, Krista, Howie, George, Fairplay, some American Idols, a few from Survivor, and a few contestants from the inventors show and American Chopper. Fairplay was tame and the BB HGs were all total sweethearts, but what else would you expect? lol

Then Saturday was the first day of the convention and the party. I can't tell you much about the party because I was frantically looking for my camera all day that I found out later Howie had picked up for me but hadn't mentioned (I suppose if I had stayed at the party long enough to ask him that might have helped! lol) Plus I thought the party was from 7:30 onward and it was really from 6:30 til 9:00. But from what I hear, the awards and idols were great. I'm sorry that I had missed Will Makar perform. I really liked him on Idol and he was such a sweetheart at the convention earler that day. I did get to see some of George's MCing and Howie's musical debut though! lol What a pair! lol Oh yeah, and Kaysar came to the party. But he only stayed for litterally five minutes and then he left with three gorgeous blondes. No, I'm not kidding. lol After the party, I got to hang with Lavonne, Karina, and Ro for a while. Honestly, that has been the best time I've had thus far.

Love those girls

During Saturday day at the convention, I got to meet Tana from the Apprentice, Tonya from a lot of things but I know her from the Scorned (The Rob C project), some guy named James Rhine, Billy from Survivor, Will Makar from American Idol, and I got to hang with Howie and Ray Ray for a little while (which ofcourse for me is the very best part!

Today I'm excited to meet JPL (Jon Peter Lewis) from American Idol, Rupert from Survivor, and Kaysar, and to hang out with Howie, George, Krista, and Ray Ray some more. Oh, and maybe that James guy too but he won't stop insulting me! LOL! No, Iwouldn't have James any other wayI don't think they'll be any 'classic debates' this year though. None of the gatherings are as cozy and personal as the TVGV party was last year. I'll post some pics later, as soon as I get my cameraback from HowieTTFN I'll tell you all more later. Hopefully I haven't left anything out. Be good! OMG! It was awesome being there. Seeing everyone and Howie being Howie and James and Rachel and CG and Krista and so much more. I am so glad I got to meet Kaysar since I missed day two of the convention. The party was great and Dcakes you should hook us up with Howies singing debut lol.ve heard nothing but good things about the convention this year, sounds like everyone loved James and Howie ( how could they not right ?)The best part was that the longest line of the day was to see/talk to james.

They love you James, they really, really love you!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I certainly missed those of you who couldn't attend but you were definitely there in spirit!

Cat did do an excellent job and I'm glad I went to her parties. She must have worked so hard to try to make everything just right. My only issue, and its one of personal preference, is that I like smaller venues. I like more one on one time, or small group time, with the 'quasi-celebs'. I'd also have liked for it to last a bit longer. But that's just me. And like I said, I was very glad I went to the parties.

Now Sunday - meeting JPL (Jon Peter Lewis - American Idol), Rupert, and Mookie were highlights. JPL and Rupert are so damned sweet they'd give you a toothache! lol I bought Rupert's book and I finished half of it last night. I'm really impressed with this man. He does so much to give back. And he took so much time with each fan. He was like, "Give me a hundred names and I'll give you an autograph for each one of them!" Just totally down to earth and thankful for what he has. What an amazing guy. And JPL - I'd give anything to hear him live. So we discussed Florida shows! lol He was so sweet and genuine. I truly enjoyed meeting them.

But I'm a BB fan through and through. So I'm not sure that anything beats hanging out with James, Kaysar, George, Rachel, and of course my beloved Jedi Master, Howie. Howie left early on Sunday to catch a flight to go see Lay Lay,... and Sonia (LOL!), and the energy in the room went down a thousand decibels when he left the room! lol But I truly enjoyed catching up with Kaysar and Rachel and James. I love to tease Kaysar and James. They know I truly love them so every insult is playful!

Kaysar was back to being himself on Sunday now that he had been fed and gotten some sleep! He just needed a night to regroup. He was in rare form, sweet-talking the fans, somewhere between trying to give back all the love he had been given over the past two years, and being humble enough to not have a clue why there were so many people in his line! lol James actually seemed to have a similar mindset, and line! I kept telling them both that I didn't understand why there were so many people in their lines! LOL! But of course I did, they are incredibly awesome guys! James really needs to stop meeting the public if he wants to maintain his "******* image". As soon as you meet him you figure out what a great guy he truly is. Having four of the Sovs in the same room together again was awesome. Being there with them was amazing. Next year maybe the other two will go too and it will be a true reunion!

Bottom line, I had a blast! I loved every minute of the convention. And I was truly sad when it ended. I feel like I'm seeing old friends that I don't get to see except for once or twice a year. I met some new ones face to face that I hadn't met before but feel like I know so well. My flight leaves tonight and then its back to the real world. But I've got memories that will last a lifetime.yah Im sad too...I cied my eyes out sat night..it was awesome seeing everyone! James, thank you for everything.

Information posted on other boards from some who attended the "Other" Reality bash...

"So far no Dr. Will, however, Dr Ray from 90210 IS there. In fact Dr Rey just left.

Lots of disappointed fans there. Most of the press has already left.

Most of the reality celebs are leaving now too.

Bet Nashville is hopping and a lot more fun! Howie is there!"

"Will never showed! Moosie said he was too busy filming Dr. 90210.

Nobody from BB showed up at all.

The stars got big giftbags but the fans got a small one."

"OK, word is in....... THE PARTY WAS CRAPTASTIC, or just plain old Crappy! Will, what in the world were you thinking? You continually disappoint your fans! WHY? You are the "King of Reality Television", and the only Doctor to show to your party is Dr. Rey? I just don't understand! REALITY might care, but obviously Will Kirby does not!

Here are quotes from people at the non-event, "This is the lamest thing I have ever done." "I can't believe I spent $100 on this!" "It smells here!" "It was stupid, all the "stars" left within minutes, it was just lame."

Another Kirby Production gone bad!"

"Will should be ashamed of himself. He promoted this just to trash the Nashville convention. All talk, no walk!"

"OK, for those of you who did not attend the CRAPTASTIC NON-EVENT in LA, you need to be told what you missed in the VIP giftbag. Don't get too jealous! Wink

Hand-sanitizer

Nail clippers

Coupon for eyelash tinting

Pedicure file.......Sounding like fat-girl night stuff, Smile but then....

Tiffany CD (Yes Tiffany and confirmed it was not a cassette)

Socks (just plain socks)

Sequined beach cover-up

Reality pen

A pair of fake heels, check out this link http://smartheel.com/ a truly amazing new product!

AND......

A coupon to have a Tattoo done in NJ

A coupon to have a Tattoo removed in NJ

And the most random item of all -- LIME JUICE, yes actual lime juice in the green plastic lime!

Congratulations to all attendees.... (except not all VIP attendees received the special items listed above.) "

I truly feel sorry for anyone who paid airfare and hotel accommodations to go see......???? Some Dr. who works with Will, but has no ties to reality TV? Oh...and why spend the money on those Dollar Store gift bags?? Why not just give the money to charity....right Will?? Nail clippers, indeed. Rolling on floor Laughing

Ah, Swampy, giving the benefit of the doubt to Will. That is really nice of you. I will stick my neck out here. From my recollection, Will made great fanfare of pointing out that he could not attend the Nashville convention unless he was compensated for his travel or something like that. He seemed to take offense that request was made public. So...in usual Will fashion, he thought he would one-up everyone and throw his own bash...For Free.....open to Everyone!! Yep, he and his benefactor in crime would show us how a real Reality Party would be thrown!!!

So those BB fans who live closer to the west coast got excited, saved their money and made plans for the "Other Convention."

I have since read, rumor or not, that there was a "private" party for the BB celebs....but if there was, the fans sure didn't know about it. Instead, the fans went to an event where the advertised headliners didn't even show up.

This from a fan who went.

"Janice Dickison showed up late even though she was the host, not sure what she hosted as she came mingled for a sec and left after demanding her box of chocolates???.

Pretty much it was walk this short little red carpet posing for pics and giving plugs for radio and TV stations, then into the cafe and straight to the bar. then mingle mingle mingle mostly the reality stars amongst themselves, but who could tell as I didn't recognize 90% of them.

Also no shows (or at least i didn't ever see them)

Ryann Starr, Brett Ratner, Jade, Kim Coles, Eric Neis, Randy Spelling, Jerri Manthey, and Traci Bingham (these are of the ones i would have recognized, there were many more that didn't show."

So...whatever was going on that the BB folks didn't show (they were supposed to be hosted by Will/Boogie) and many of the other "stars" also didn't show up...the fans were the ones who lost out.

Will "threw down the gloves", openly challenged everyone with his boast of putting on a better show. When he found out he couldn't follow through with his braggart promises, he pawns the event off to another party, without letting his fans know he wasn't even going to bother to show up himself

Tonight the biggest reality show of the summer is back with the biggest twist ever

I really hope you all give it a try

8 est cbs

2nd best day of the year(1st is jets opening day)

What are you talking about? Ice Road Truckers is on Sunday nights.

Tonight the biggest reality show of the summer is back with the biggest twist ever

I really hope you all give it a try

8 est cbs

2nd best day of the year(1st is jets opening day)

Dumbest show ever made.

Wow, two stations are televising this POS show now? Unbelievable. It's the dumbest concept ever. They know they're being filmed so they all play to the cameras. Now, if the footage was all done in secret and the people in the house didn't know they were being filmed, THAT would be more entertaining IMO.

But getting directions on what to do, totally ruins the whole concept. Don't even get me started on people who obsess over reality shows either.

Wow, two stations are televising this POS show now? Unbelievable. It's the dumbest concept ever. They know they're being filmed so they all play to the cameras. Now, if the footage was all done in secret and the people in the house didn't know they were being filmed, THAT would be more entertaining IMO.

But getting directions on what to do, totally ruins the whole concept. Don't even get me started on people who obsess over reality shows either.

many people pay for live feeds i am cheap i don't

i don't even get showtime

but i know plently of websites who post pics and videos for free

A REAL premiere would have come in first. So the show premieres on a day that no new shows are premiering and it comes in 2nd? I could just imagine how bad it would have been if the other shows it was going against actually had original episodes airing.

for a show in it's 8th year 2nd is fine it shows people are not sick of it

Does this thread not show that people ARE SICK of it?? Do all our posts saying how bad reality shows are, not show we are sick of them?? ARE YOU F***IN KIDDING ME?? WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED??

Archived