Dungy: Defensive genius?

Alk

So I was listening to ESPN radio this afternoon and could have sworn I was hearing things. The moron on the radio was proclaiming that Dungy is a defensive genius. My question is has he watched a single Colts game in the last 5 years? What other than the past four games would lead him to such a ridiculous conclusion?

So I was listening to ESPN radio this afternoon and could have sworn I was hearing things. The moron on the radio was proclaiming that Dungy is a defensive genius. My question is has he watched a single Colts game in the last 5 years? What other than the past four games would lead him to such a ridiculous conclusion?

He did stop Sperman Herman. And Belly for about 20 minutes. And somehow slowed down the "white hot" Rex.

He might be a genius based on that.

Don't you love the "media" nowadays? Defense genius my arse.

KC had Herm and a crappy offensive gameplan

Baltimore had McNair and a crappy offense.

The Pats scored 27 points on offense.

Chicago had Rex. Enough said.

Dungy had Manning who sucked it up and became a team player by calling running plays and taking what the Defense gave him.

Colin Cowherd was pretty funny this morning when talking about Manning. He was being way over the top. Making comments like "make love to your wife tonight and she'll be screaming Peyton's name." It was funny as hell.

Colin Cowherd was pretty funny this morning when talking about Manning. He was being way over the top. Making comments like "make love to your wife tonight and she'll be screaming Peyton's name." It was funny as hell.

The only people excited about yesterday's game resided in Indiana and Knoxville.

That was the worst Super Bowl I've seen since the Cowboys were kicking the crap out of other teams in the '90's.

You know,Dungy and Herm took all the credit for Tampa's vaunted defense..which actually was run by Monte Kiffin..they both love to get undeserved credit..the only person both of them give credit to is gawd himself..all 3 of them(The Dungy tree :roll: ) are clueless morons who don't hold back on taking all the credit they feel they deserve.

The only people excited about yesterday's game resided in Indiana and Knoxville.

That was the worst Super Bowl I've seen since the Cowboys were kicking the crap out of other teams in the '90's.

I can think of a few worse...01, 03, 04, and 05.

I can think of a few worse...01, 03, 04, and 05.

I'm sure you are trying to be funny but:

'01: The game came down to the last drive

'03: The game came down to the last drive

'04: Game was pretty much done after the Pats went up by 10 but the Eagles made a run

'05: Seattle got screwed, but still a pretty good game.

'06: Snooze fest: Rex Grossman sucks

He's not a genius, and that shouldnt even be the question.

The question should be why is every coach in football too stupid to see what you can do with a great offensive line?

When Ray Lewis proudly said "defess whizz shappyships" he probably had a great OL and didn't know it.

Genius or not, Tony Dungy is a terrific coach. This guy is not Herm. He took a Bucs franchise that was a joke and made them contenders, and he made the Colts top contenders for 5 straight years with a Super Bowl championship to boot. Lets give some credit guys, anything else sounds like sour grapes, or worse, underlying raicial prejudice.

Genius or not, Tony Dungy is a terrific coach. This guy is not Herm. He took a Bucs franchise that was a joke and made them contenders, and he made the Colts top contenders for 5 straight years with a Super Bowl championship to boot. Lets give some credit guys, anything else sounds like sour grapes, or worse, underlying raicial prejudice.

I don't want to be considered a racist so put me down as sour grapes on this one.

You know,Dungy and Herm took all the credit for Tampa's vaunted defense..which actually was run by Monte Kiffin..they both love to get undeserved credit..the only person both of them give credit to is gawd himself..all 3 of them(The Dungy tree :roll: ) are clueless morons who don't hold back on taking all the credit they feel they deserve.

How is Tampa Bay doing now? They still have Kiffen, and offensive "genius" Jon Gruden as well. Dungy made them a consistent winner, he is a great coach. Remember what you said Bill, you are what your record says you are.

If by genius you mean having your offense dink and dunk down the field to put together long drives to keep the D off the field...Yes, he is genius.

How is Tampa Bay doing now? They still have Kiffen, and offensive "genius" Jon Gruden as well. Dungy made them a consistent winner, he is a great coach. Remember what you said Bill, you are what your record says you are.

I'm sure you'll have no problem reminding me who it was that won the Super Bowl in Tampa.

The question should be why is every coach in football too stupid to see what you can do with a great offensive line?

When Ray Lewis proudly said "defess whizz shappyships" he probably had a great OL and didn't know it.

Almost forgort. POTW NOM!!

p.s. RACIST!! :)

gotta agree with alk on this. great post my nigga :) :)

the offensive line was the collective genius along with the playcaller

Your right

The only exciting play of that whole game was the opening kickoff... this was by far one of the most boring SB's....

Bingo. The Bucs prior to Tony Dungy were maybe the worst franchise in sports and even worse than we were before 1997. Dungy did a great job in Tampa and now has won a Super Bowl beating the Ravens, Pats and Bears along the way.

I don't think the anti-Dungy sentiment on this site is racist. It's more sour grapes like you said and misplaced anger at Herman Edwards.

Bingo. The Bucs prior to Tony Dungy were maybe the worst franchise in sports and even worse than we were before 1997. Dungy did a great job in Tampa and now has won a Super Bowl beating the Ravens, Pats and Bears along the way.

I don't think the anti-Dungy sentiment on this site is racist. It's more sour grapes like you said and misplaced anger at Herman Edwards.

yeah good points by both of you

Don't you love the "media" nowadays? Defense genius my arse.

KC had Herm and a crappy offensive gameplan

Baltimore had McNair and a crappy offense.

The Pats scored 27 points on offense.

Chicago had Rex. Enough said.

Dungy had Manning who sucked it up and became a team player by calling running plays and taking what the Defense gave him.

i thought the oakland v tampa bay and ny giants v baltimore have been the worse two ive seen, and this wasnt close to those two, but it was by far no where near the first two pats classics, or the rams and titans. Three very exciting games, regardless of the outcome(all 3 teams i wanted to win lost, of course lol).

Bob Sanders makes all the difference.

He makes the kind of difference not having Mike Vick or Chad Pennington(of a couple years ago, like when he went down in preseason) has on their respective teams. All three VERY different players, that do very different things for their teams, especially sanders being a safety and not a qb, but they all seem or seemed to energize their team and somehow lift them to the next level of competition

i thought the oakland v tampa bay and ny giants v baltimore have been the worse two ive seen, and this wasnt close to those two, but it was by far no where near the first two pats classics, or the rams and titans. Three very exciting games, regardless of the outcome(all 3 teams i wanted to win lost, of course lol).

I think you are forgetting how incredibly boring the first half was of the Rams, Titans SB. I mean they MORE than made up for it in the end, but that begining was so slow, I think that was the one where both kickers missed their first chances for points, keeping it 0-0 for over a quarter and half.

I think you are forgetting how incredibly boring the first half was of the Rams, Titans SB. I mean they MORE than made up for it in the end, but that begining was so slow, I think that was the one where both kickers missed their first chances for points, keeping it 0-0 for over a quarter and half.

So was the Panthers-Pats SB. The thing is, people always remember what they see or hear last, and both games left us with one heck of an ending.

Archived