PATS TARGETING THOMAS? RUMOR

madmike1

Patriots land Thomas

Posted by John Tomase at 7:52 pm

According to a league source with knowledge of the negotiations, the Patriots are about to make the splash of free agency by agreeing to a contract with Ravens linebacker Adalius Thomas, considered one of the top players on the market.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is no big deal.

They lost Tully Banta Cain and the Jets will likely sign him. That makes them weaker and us stronger. Besides, teams that sign good free agents never win championships. If you want to win championships, you have to sign ****ty players and hope they all find a niche.

Nice job tannenbaum. Not even an offer to the best FA on the market and now we have to look at him twice a year. AWESOME! Thats EXACTLY how we're gonna win the division next year.

Joey Porter>>Adalius Thomas

Adalius was known as a good player up until last year, not elite.

He had his best season during a contract year while being surrounded by one of the most talented defenses I've ever seen (Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs, Chris McAlister, Samari Rolle, Kelly Gregg, Haloti Ngata, etc.).

Porter on the otherhand is a 3 time probowler, is known as a vocal leader as well as one of the most feared players in the game, and fits our defense to a tee.

Like I said, Joey Porter....welcome to the NY Jets.

This is no big deal.

They lost Tully Banta Cain and the Jets will likely sign him. That makes them weaker and us stronger. Besides, teams that sign good free agents never win championships. If you want to win championships, you have to sign ****ty players and hope they all find a niche.

Troll for once we are on the same page.

Guys I merged these. Let's hold off on the titles saying that so and so signed so and so until we have more than hearsay. Not saying they won't sign him. But people take these thread titles as Gospel. So let's wait until we have a link.

Thanks.

He had his best season during a contract year while being surrounded by one of the most talented defenses I've ever seen (Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs, Chris McAlister, Samari Rolle, Kelly Gregg, Haloti Ngata, etc.).

Porter on the otherhand is a 3 time probowler, is known as a vocal leader as well as one of the most feared players in the game, and fits our defense to a tee.

IMO: Porter is an arsehole. I've never liked the guy.

Starting fights before the game? Getting shot in the arse? Is that a player you want on the Jets?

Porter is NOT better then Thomas. He just talks a good game but Thomas is a real deal and one of the most complete players in the NFL. This is a HUGE missed chance for the jets.

Starting fights before the game? Getting shot in the arse? Is that a player you want on the Jets?

Yes

Porter may get very caught up in the act from time to time.... but he eats, sleeps, and breathes football.

He isn't known as a bad character guy whatsoever. I've never once heard about him getting in any trouble with the law.

I don't know about you, but I love defensive players with a fiery personality and a "kill everything that moves" attitude.

Nope, he's overrated and declining. I'll pass on him and his ego, I agree he is the definition of an "arsehole."

This is no big deal.

Have you actually watched Tully play. He is a 7th rounder who can occasionally rush the passer he sucks in coverage and against rush. You are welcome to him. AD is an all pro huge difference:)

Nope, he's overrated and declining. I'll pass on him and his ego, I agree he is the definition of an "arsehole."

Overrated? Declining?

In 14 games last year... Porter had 55 tackles, 7.5 sacks, 2 INT's (inluding one ran back for a TD), and 5 passes defensed.

Please tell me how he is an overrated/declining player.

Based on 1 season?

At least 8 sacks the past 3 years, 4 forced fumbles in both 04' and 05', over 70 total tackles in the past 3 seasons. He's been good for more than 1 season.

However, he wouldn't have put us over the top and he benefitted GREATLY from all the talent around him and how the Ravens used him.

Past three seasons:

Adalius Thomas: 241 tackles (190 solo), 28 sacks, 4 INT, 8 FF, 4 TDs

Joey Porter: 166 tackles (116 solo), 24.5 sacks, 5 INT, 7 FF, 1 TD

If you think it's just one season you're just not very aware of whats going on. The guy has been a FORCE for a whole hell of a lot longer then one year.

A force my ass.

I've lived in VA my entire life where the Ravens and Skins are the cream of the NFL crop.

Adalius was a GOOD player before last season. Not elite, not spectacular, but GOOD.

Past three seasons:

Adalius Thomas: 241 tackles (190 solo), 28 sacks, 4 INT, 8 FF, 4 TDs

Joey Porter: 166 tackles (116 solo), 24.5 sacks, 5 INT, 7 FF, 1 TD

Before last season, Adalius was basically the 2006 version of Bryan Thomas.

A good player, but certainly not elite.

Has it also not occured to you guys that this dude played on a defense overloaded with multi pro-bowlers?

I will stand by my statement that I'll take Porter over Thomas.

Has it also not occured to you guys that this dude played on a defense overloaded with multi pro-bowlers?

Be careful what you wish for.

Porter is a loudmouth. If the Jets sign him he and Coles will be the best of friends.

Be careful what you wish for.

Porter is a loudmouth. If the Jets sign him he and Coles will be the best of friends.

I don't care. If Thomas really is a pat the jets will have to do something major to improve the team and i'd take a chance on porter to do that.

And Porter did all his damage while playing for the Cardinals??

Thomas has been the BEST player on a defense full of great players for the past two seasons.

The Boston Herald reports that the Patriots have agreed to terms with DE/LB Adalius Thomas. He still has to pass a physical Saturday.

The Patriots last made a big free agent splash with Rosevelt Colvin, another edge rusher. New England may be the one team who can utilize Thomas' various skills even more creatively than Baltimore. The 29-year-old will give the Patriots more options with their multiple formations and bolsters weak spot on the defense. Mike Vrabel could play inside more often now.

Source: Boston Herald

The Boston Herald reports that the Patriots have agreed to terms with DE/LB Adalius Thomas. He still has to pass a physical Saturday.

The Patriots last made a big free agent splash with Rosevelt Colvin, another edge rusher. New England may be the one team who can utilize Thomas' various skills even more creatively than Baltimore. The 29-year-old will give the Patriots more options with their multiple formations and bolsters weak spot on the defense. Mike Vrabel could play inside more often now.

Source: Boston Herald

I can think of another.

And Porter did all his damage while playing for the Cardinals??

Thomas has been the BEST player on a defense full of great players for the past two seasons.

Common sense and logic do not work at JN. It's all about emotion and seeing players on SportsCenter!

Riddle me this people in the "Thomas is an average player who benefits from superior talent around him" camp:

If he's not that great, why would the Patriots, a team that only gives out big money to guys named "Brady" and "Seymour", sign him to a big money contract?

I can think of another.

I take it you're ignoring my question on the last page.

Again, how could we utilize Thomas as well as the Ravens when we have no where near the talent or the personel on defense, specifically on the line?? How could we utilize Thomas as well as the Patriots when our defensive line is no where near that level??

The second they found out NE was seriously in on thomas they should've called his agent and said they would beat any offer by 10 million. Thats how important keeping Thomas out of NE should've been. But our FO sat back and did nothing.

I take it you're ignoring my question on the last page.

Again, how could we utilize Thomas as well as the Ravens when we have no where near the talent or the personel on defense, specifically on the line?? How could we utilize Thomas as well as the Patriots when our defensive line is no where near that level??

He would've made our D exponentially better. But now we get to see him twice a year. Great.

Common sense and logic do not work at JN. It's all about emotion and seeing players on SportsCenter!

Hey, ESPN says Ray Lewis is still ****ing awesome, so it must be true.

Why, about an hour ago, they had a graphic that said "Notable Free Agents". I am rewinding the TIVO as I type just so I can list all these "notable free agents" from the football masterminds at the World Wide Leader.

Ah, here we go. I **** you not:

Ricky Proehl

Kerry Collins

Najeh Davenport

Aaron Brooks

Morten Andersen

Mike Alstott

Bobby Engram

Once again, I **** you not.

Riddle me this people in the "Thomas is an average player who benefits from superior talent around him" camp:

If he's not that great, why would the Patriots, a team that only gives out big money to guys named "Brady" and "Seymour", sign him to a big money contract?

Because they have made a commitment to spend money this offseason.

Because they have made a commitment to spend money this offseason.

So, they are going to spend money just to spend it, whether or not the player is garbage?

They spent the money because they know he's worth it, not just to spend it.

Archived