Jets | Bowens will visit team

Smizzy

At 6'3" 265 he seems kinda small for a 3/4 DE unless the FO is thinking differently. He was paid 2.3 mil. in 2005 according to Fox. Let's just get Banta-Cain and fullback Justin Griffith in here for at least interviews.

It is hard to say where Bowens fits in. I think perhaps the Jets will sign him to play as an end when they go to a 4-3 during certain situations. It is all about situational play and flexibility from both the players and the system.

Where does he fit in?

I think he played DE in the 3-4 last year, but he is way too small..

Not to outright second guess the decision to go to away from the 4-3, but doesnt it seem like the Jets just dont have enough size to really excel in the 3-4?

Jetcane have you learned nothing? The Jets will change fronts instantaneously and every player will fit every scheme. How dare you question the gang green football lords!

My bad. ;)

We have no genuine NT, no monster DEs, and our best defensive player looked like a fish out of water in the 3-4. But hey, what do I know- I'm just a big fan.

:bag:

At 6'3" 265 he seems kinda small for a 3/4 DE unless the FO is thinking differently. He was paid 2.3 mil. in 2005 according to Fox. Let's just get Banta-Cain and fullback Justin Griffith in here for at least interviews.

Wow I'd never even HEARD of Justin Griffith until you just brought his name up Thai-but me likey.....in his career here are his #'s

81-378 4.7 and 19 first downs as well as being the blocking back for the NFL's top rushing team...not too shabby-bring him to Long Island and buy the guy a steak Mike T

When Sione "Pooh Bear" Pouha is on the field, no Offensive Lineman, Running Backs or Quarterbacks are safe.;-)

POTW nom-for a minute there I though Jetcane was slipping...Sione is gonna be singing this song soon;

I'm going to Kansas City, Kansas City here I come

They got a crazy way of loving there

And I'm gonna get me some.

I'll be standing on the corner

On the corner of Twelfth Street and Vine

I'm gonna be standing on the corner

On the corner of Twelfth Street and Vine

With my Kansas City baby

And a bottle of Kansas City wine.

Well I might take a train

I might take a plane, but if I have to walk

I'm gonna get there just the same

I'm gonna pack my clothes

Leave at the break of dawn

I'm gonna pack my clothes

Everybody will be sleeping

Nobody will know where I've gone

Cause if I stay in town

I know I'm gonna die.

Gotta find a friendly city

And that's the reason why,

I'm going to Kansas City

Kansas City here I come

I think it a case of throwing our new D-Line coach a bone-give him something to work with that he has confidence with-Bowens is big and strong and maybe Quinn thinks HE could be as good as anybody we have here now-or better

I think it a case of throwing our new D-Line coach a bone-give him something to work with that he has confidence with-Bowens is big and strong and maybe Quinn thinks HE could be as good as anybody we have here now-or better

You know who's big and strong and better then any of the crap we have now? NM. He just signed with the pats while the jets are going after complete garbage like this.

Dolphins have released DE Kevin Carter and G Jeno James, the team announced. (Dolphins have yet to release Joey Harrington. His roster bonus is not due until next week, so they have some time.)

If we are visiting with any Miami Dolphin DE it should be with Kevin Carter. Yes he's been in the league since 95 but he has both 43 and 34 defensive experience in St.Louis, Tennessee & Miami. I'd much rather bring him in for 1 or 2 seasons in a role much like what Bobby Hamilton did last season but more playing time more than David Bowens.

If we are visiting with any Miami Dolphin DE it should be with Kevin Carter. Yes he's been in the league since 95 but he has both 43 and 34 defensive experience in St.Louis, Tennessee & Miami. I'd much rather bring him in for 1 or 2 seasons in a role much like what Bobby Hamilton did last season but more playing time more than David Bowens.

and who better to help make that decision than the guy we just hired as our DL coach....

He will probably be an OLB in our 3-4 system. I don't know what you guys are all complaining about. He might not be a starter, but he's a top backup and, who knows, he might surprise. He's a low risk, low cost option that has averaged 6 sacks in the last 3 years as a reserve. Everyone on this board is acting like a bunch of babies. If it's not a big name, let's all bitch and moan about it!

He will probably be an OLB in our 3-4 system. I don't know what you guys are all complaining about. He might not be a starter, but he's a top backup and, who knows, he might surprise. He's a low risk, low cost option that has averaged 6 sacks in the last 3 years as a reserve. Everyone on this board is acting like a bunch of babies. If it's not a big name, let's all bitch and moan about it!

Exactly. Wasn't pass rush one of our problems last year? If he can rush the passer he'll at least be a situational player. As long as he's not expensive. Plenty of more talent will be waived between now and training camp and it'll be there for the picking as long as we have $$.

Exactly. Wasn't pass rush one of our problems last year? If he can rush the passer he'll at least be a situational player. As long as he's not expensive. Plenty of more talent will be waived between now and training camp and it'll be there for the picking as long as we have $$.

exactly on your exactly 27-also Banta-Cain had 5.5 times the amount of sacks than a guy we're hoping to get a 1st round pick for-we might not GET a 10 sack LBEr but maybe we pick up 11 sacks from two DIFFERENT players at 2 positions-get me Bowens,Banta-Cain and Travis Henry and I'll be happy going into the draft

Archived