Why do 80% or more of New York fans hate their QBs even though they're not that bad?

D-MONEY87

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tex Jr.

:-P

This thread is about this issue and I didnt start it.

Look, I get it. Everyone on this team in the last 5 years wasnt good enough - except Chad.

And Mangini clearly traded up to draft Clemens so he can hold a clipboard until Chad is 36.

So I wonder who this guy is, must be yet another JI refugee.

Hey Pennington, win a ring, ****, get us to an AFC Championship Game and then lets talk about how you can take a team to a championship. 2004 was a perfect opportunity for him. What did he do? Dink & dunked his way to setting up Doug Brien and of course he was hurt, poor liwwle Chad and his liwwle shoulder. Awwwww.:character42:

Dont go comparing Peyton Manning who's one of the greatest regular season QBs (before his SB victory) to Chad freaking Pennington.

Peyton Manning since 2003:

16,968 thousand passing yards

137 touchdowns

39 interceptions

Chad Pennington since 2003:

8,694 passing yards

48 Touchdowns

40 Interceptions

Peyton Manning in 2004, had more touchdowns (49) than Chad Pennington has had in the last 4 years!

Yeah, nice comparison ecurb! :rl:

According to you it doesnt matter what he gets us in the regular season... or even wildcard for that matter... its all about his ability to win the big one... and until this year Chad showed more promise in the playoffs than Manning ever did.

I know Manning is a better QB, but to claim Chad cant win it all after Peyton proved the world wrong this year is silly.

This thread is about this issue and I didnt start it.

Look, I get it. Everyone on this team in the last 5 years wasnt good enough - except Chad.

And Mangini clearly traded up to draft Clemens so he can hold a clipboard until Chad is 36.

Oh please, stop with the drama already. You want to act like Tex, and poison every thread with Chad has a noodle arm BS, then from now on I'll call you Tex Jr.

So I wonder who this guy is, must be yet another JI refugee.

Hey Pennington, win a ring, ****, get us to an AFC Championship Game and then lets talk about how you can take a team to a championship. 2004 was a perfect opportunity for him. What did he do? Dink & dunked his way to setting up Doug Brien and of course he was hurt, poor liwwle Chad and his liwwle shoulder. Awwwww.:character42:

Its me. :)

We get it. You hate Pennington. You wish he would just go away. But, if Mangini does give him the nod as the starter again, what are you going to do?

?s to the Chadophiles

1) How much do opposing defenses have to worry about deep routes with Chadwick at QB?

2) How much do opposing defenses have to worry about sideline patterns (short, medium, and deep out routes) when Chadwick is in the game? i.e. defending the portion of the field outside the hashmarks.

3) How much do opposing defenses have to worry about Chadwick running with the ball?

4) How much do opposing defenses have to worry about Chadwick buying time by breaking outside the pocket, improvising, and throwing on the run?

5) Does Chadwick have a habit of locking on his primary receiver?

6) How was Chadwick throwing accuracy last season?

7) How much does adverse weather conditions (wind, wet field conditions, etc.) impact Chadwick's "game"?

?s to the Chadophiles

1) How much do opposing defenses have to worry about deep routes with Chadwick at QB?

2) How much do opposing defenses have to worry about sideline patterns (short, medium, and deep out routes) when Chadwick is in the game? i.e. defending the portion of the field outside the hashmarks.

3) How much do opposing defenses have to worry about Chadwick running with the ball?

4) How much do opposing defenses have to worry about Chadwick buying time by breaking outside the pocket, improvising, and throwing on the run?

7) How much does adverse weather conditions (wind, wet field conditions, etc.) impact Chadwick's "game"?

WOW if he is as bad as you claim, you better start a "Magini is an idiot" thread right away... becuase he and all of the other coaches thought Chad can get it done.

ecurb2369

According to you it doesnt matter what he gets us in the regular season... or even wildcard for that matter... its all about his ability to win the big one... and until this year Chad showed more promise in the playoffs than Manning ever did.

I know Manning is a better QB, but to claim Chad cant win it all after Peyton proved the world wrong this year is silly.

And why is that?

Peyton, unlike Chad, showed the ability in the regular season to bring his team a victory when all else is wrong. Its amazing how many games Peyton has single handedly won by himself with that sh#tty defense he has always had.

Chad never brings the Jets down from 2 scores, Peyton does it every other week. It was only a matter of time till Peyton started to apply his regular season success to the playoffs. The problem with comparing the 2 players is, Chad cant sniff Peytons success in the regular season so there is nothing to base your arguement on by saying "If Peyton did it, so can Chad". Peytons an elite QB, Pennington is medicore bottom 15 in the league.

Thats like saying "If Peyton can win a superbowl, any QB can", thats essentially what you are saying. But I'm not the easter bunny, you're not the tooth fairy, and not every QB is good enough to win a superbowl, Chad happens to be 1 of these QBs who cannot and its unfortunate he is on our roster.

And why is that?

Peyton, unlike Chad, showed the ability in the regular season to bring his team a victory when all else is wrong. Its amazing how many games Peyton has single handedly won by himself with that sh#tty defense he has always had.

Chad never brings the Jets down from 2 scores, Peyton does it every other week. It was only a matter of time till Peyton started to apply his regular season success to the playoffs. The problem with comparing the 2 players is, Chad cant sniff Peytons success in the regular season so there is nothing to base your arguement on by saying "If Peyton did it, so can Chad". Peytons an elite QB, Pennington is medicore bottom 15 in the league.

Thats like saying "If Peyton can win a superbowl, any QB can", thats essentially what you are saying. But I'm not the easter bunny, you're not the tooth fairy, and not every QB is good enough to win a superbowl, Chad happens to be 1 of these QBs who cannot and its unfortunate he is on our roster.

Its unfortunate your a JETS fan...

The fact that you dont support a guy who GETS US TO THE SHOW

Who is the most winning JETS QB EVER

Who proved all haters wrong, OVER AND OVER

Im sorry you arent enjoying it but I actually like having my team in the playoffs, you THINK Chad cant get it done there... but in reality you know nothing, your not a head coach, you dont see Chad practice, you dont know him, you dont break down his film, you watch him in real time on CBS once a week for a few months and act like a know it all...

Mangini like him, you dont... get over it.

Question:

Would you rather be in the playoffs every season, knowing that you're not going to win the Super Bowl

OR

Would you rather have a team that may struggle more at some times but could actually get into the playoffs, advance past the second round and compete for a championship

?

?s to the Chadophiles

What are you going to do if Chad gets the nod this year?

Its unfortunate your a JETS fan...

The fact that you dont support a guy who GETS US TO THE SHOW

Who is the most winning JETS QB EVER

Who proved all haters wrong, OVER AND OVER

Im sorry you arent enjoying it but I actually like having my team in the playoffs, you THINK Chad cant get it done there... but in reality you know nothing, your not a head coach, you dont see Chad practice, you dont know him, you dont break down his film, you watch him in real time on CBS once a week for a few months and act like a know it all...

Mangini like him, you dont... get over it.

Pennington GETS US TO THE SHOW?

What in the bloody facking hell are you talking about? The Superbowl is the show, not a wild card playoff exit.

Dooshey.

Saying he is the most winning Jets QB ever is like saying you are the smartest person in a room full of retards.

Its not sayin' much.

The Jets havent won a superbowl in 36 years, we've had nothing at the QB position since Namath. Congratulations to Chad for being a better QB than the likes of Neil Odonnel and Browning Nagle.

Question:

Would you rather be in the playoffs every season, knowing that you're not going to win the Super Bowl

OR

Would you rather have a team that may struggle more at some times but could actually get into the playoffs, advance past the second round and compete for a championship

?

YOU DONT KNOW THAT ABOUT CHAD.... dont act you your a freakin know it all...

Mangini would not have wasted his time with Chad if he couldnt get it done, he knew Chad from being in NE and knew what he could do, you know he would not have kept him around if he didnt think he could get it done... he would have at least done better than Ramsey to compete...

Please if your going to make a fight about this use real facts not your opinion on the guy, we dont know if Chad or Kellen can win it all, but its possible one or both of them can.

Pennington GETS US TO THE SHOW?

What in the bloody facking hell are you talking about? The Superbowl is the show, not a wild card playoff exit.

Dooshey.

Saying he is the most winning Jets QB ever is like saying you are the smartest person in a room full of retards.

Its not sayin' much.

The Jets havent won a superbowl in 36 years, we've had nothing at the QB position since Namath. Congratulations to Chad for being a better QB than the likes of Neil Odonnel and Browning Nagle.

The show is the playoffs, thats what its all about... once your in them anything can happen.

He has a better win % than Joe Namath, and if he does get a suberbowl win he will go down as the greatest JETS QB ever... does that hurt you?

The show is the playoffs, thats what its all about... once your in them anything can happen.

He has a better win % than Joe Namath, and if he does get a suberbowl win he will go down as the greatest JETS QB ever... does that hurt you?

Could you repeat that for me? I need to make sure of something.......

YOU DONT KNOW THAT ABOUT CHAD.... dont act you your a freakin know it all...

Mangini would not have wasted his time with Chad if he couldnt get it done, he knew Chad from being in NE and knew what he could do, you know he would not have kept him around if he didnt think he could get it done... he would have at least done better than Ramsey to compete...

Please if your going to make a fight about this use real facts not your opinion on the guy, we dont know if Chad or Kellen can win it all, but its possible one or both of them can.

And you do? Getting angry Mr.Caps?:character41:

I know? I don't know Mangini.

You use opinion all the time. Here's some facts that I continue to bring up and I will continue to do so.

Chad Pennington:

Has never had more than 10 wins in a season as a starting Quarterback

Has just but once started an entire season

Has never taken a team past the 2nd round of the playoffs

Is 31 years old and has had two torn rotator cuff surgery's

Crumbles in most New England and Playoff games.. Name one New England game he played well since in 2002 minus the mud bowl that was in November where his jump ball was brought down by Cotchery thankfully.

Lol!!!

If Chad Pennington wins a Super Bowl he's automatically better than Joe Namath? Are you kidding me? Chad Pennington could never sniff the Hall of Fame, let alone be the best Jets Quarterback of all time. Sorry, but NOBODY is taking that thrown away from Namath. You see, Namath played with injury's and took chances down the field and won a Super Bowl. I could go on and on but it's late and I'm still hungover from Friday & Saturday.

Could you repeat that for me? I need to make sure of something.......

Joe Namath was 2-1 in the playoffs ALL TIME

Joe Namath threw 173 TD's and 220 INT's

If Chad Pennington takes the JETS to the superbowl and wins, he will be the best JETS QB ever no doubt about it.

Sure this is like bashing God in church... but c'mon guys... Jake Plummer could have won a superbowl and had better stats than Joe Namath... Namath was a great QB, and he had "it" but he is the perfect example of how someone could stink it up stats wise and still get it done once... Chad will get it done just like Joe Willy did.

Joe Namath was 2-1 in the playoffs ALL TIME

Joe Namath threw 173 TD's and 220 INT's

If Chad Pennington takes the JETS to the superbowl and wins, he will be the best JETS QB ever no doubt about it.

K. Just checking.

You are a retard.

Chad will never win a super bowl.

OK guys... tell me what you think of this QB

Career Average of about 10-11 games played in each year

Career 50% completion

Career average of 2300 yards per year

Career average of 7.4 YPA

Career Average of 14 TD's per year

Career Average of 18 INT's per year

You sit here and tell me Chad sucks, but call me retarded when I point out you think this guy was great....

Now dont get me wrong I think Joe Willy was great, but I also think Chad still has it in him to go all the way and be great (to the JETS anyways) as well.

It pisses me off you guys are a bunch of hypocrites...

You bash Chad for being injury prone, but claim Joe Willy to be greta even though he was injury prone too.

You bash Chad for not putting up huge #'s and throwing too many INT's, Joe Willy averaged lower #'s and threw way mroe INT's than TD's.

You bash Chad for not getting it done in the playoffs, at leats he gets us there whenever he plays, Joe Willy couldnt get us there year after year.

You cant worship Namath and bash Chad in the same breath...

?s to the Chadophiles

1) They usually don't because Chad pecks and pecks with the short pass and then hits them with a long one. Every pass doesn't have to be a bomb. So yes teams do need to prepare.

2) More than you probably think. Everyone likes to remember Samuel int in the playoffs and like to point to that as "Hey see he has no arm" What about opening day when hit the big sideline pass that led to Baker's TD at the end of the game. Or doesn't that count because it doesn't suit your needs ?

3) Doesn't go outside the pocket but does step up well and will run when the he needs to.

4) See #3

5) Yes when things are not going well.

6) Not as good as in the past. You can put some of that on him you can put some on the line as well.

7) 2006 Beat New England in the rain and mud

2006 Beat Miami in the rain

2003 Beat the Steelers in the snow

1) They usually don't because Chad pecks and pecks with the short pass and then hits them with a long one. Every pass doesn't have to be a bomb. So yes teams do need to prepare.

2) More than you probably think. Everyone likes to remember Samuel int in the playoffs and like to point to that as "Hey see he has no arm" What about opening day when hit the big sideline pass that led to Baker's TD at the end of the game. Or doesn't that count because it doesn't suit your needs ?

3) Doesn't go outside the pocket but does step up well and will run when the he needs to.

4) See #3

5) Yes when things are not going well.

6) Not as good as in the past. You can put some of that on him you can put some on the line as well.

7) 2006 Beat New England in the rain and mud

2006 Beat Miami in the rain

2003 Beat the Steelers in the snow

1... Yes Chad pecks and pecks and pecks... Most of us know Pennington is able to throw a football 30-40 yards, i'm not debating that. The problem is, his 30 yards "bombs" have more hang time than a Ben Graham punt. I can bring up plenty of examples (even post some youtube vids) of games this season where Chad had thrown the ball down the field and under threw the passes so badly he cost his recievers a touchdowns by having to come back and retreat the ball.

2... Yes my friend, we are going to bring up Samuels INT TD before we bring up Pennys pass against the Titans because well.. The Samuels pic was in the playoffs, that throw your talking about came against a very suspect Titans D on opening day..

3... He will step up and run the football? Yes probably 1 time for every 4-5 times his balls are either tipped and batted down, or hes sacked.

4... See 3

5... Which is usually against any team with a record over .500

6... His accuracy is overrated when most of his passes are dump offs.

7... You just named 3 games.. 2 games in which I know off the top of my head he wasen't very impressive in.

It pisses me off you guys are a bunch of hypocrites...

You bash Chad for being injury prone, but claim Joe Willy to be greta even though he was injury prone too.

You bash Chad for not putting up huge #'s and throwing too many INT's, Joe Willy averaged lower #'s and threw way mroe INT's than TD's.

You bash Chad for not getting it done in the playoffs, at leats he gets us there whenever he plays, Joe Willy couldnt get us there year after year.

You cant worship Namath and bash Chad in the same breath...

Namath won a Super Bowl.

Chad just got done playing his first full season at the age of 30 in his 7th season..and he hasn't won a super bowl.

How can you even compare the two of them is beyond me.

Namath won a Super Bowl.

Chad just got done playing his first full season at the age of 30 in his 7th season..and he hasn't won a super bowl.

How can you even compare the two of them is beyond me.

If Chad wins a superbowl in the next 5 years he is better in every phase of the game through his career.

If Chad wins a superbowl in the next 5 years he is better in every phase of the game through his career.

And he dazzled the league with so-so numbers during an ERA that favors offense. Namath's receivers were mugged practically every play.

Yesah come on ecurb you cant compare players stats from eras 3 (almost 4) decades apart. Like PF said different game, you were actually allow to hit the QB back then. Penny wouldnt have last a year back then the way he gets hurt.

Archived