Why do 80% or more of New York fans hate their QBs even though they're not that bad?

D-MONEY87

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I wonder who this guy is, must be yet another JI refugee.

Hey Pennington, win a ring, ****, get us to an AFC Championship Game and then lets talk about how you can take a team to a championship. 2004 was a perfect opportunity for him. What did he do? Dink & dunked his way to setting up Doug Brien and of course he was hurt, poor liwwle Chad and his liwwle shoulder. Awwwww.:character42:

A perfect opportunity? Didnt the jets play exactly zero home playoff games that season? It would have been a great win if they pulled it out in Pittsburgh, but the only person I have seen say they would have won the following week in NE was...well...me. :)

That team was not even good enough to have a home playoff game, but it was a perfect opportunity for him to go to the SB? Put the pipe down, dude.

It pisses me off you guys are a bunch of hypocrites...

You bash Chad for being injury prone, but claim Joe Willy to be greta even though he was injury prone too.

You bash Chad for not putting up huge #'s and throwing too many INT's, Joe Willy averaged lower #'s and threw way mroe INT's than TD's.

You bash Chad for not getting it done in the playoffs, at leats he gets us there whenever he plays, Joe Willy couldnt get us there year after year.

You cant worship Namath and bash Chad in the same breath...

Namath played hurt.

Namath changed the game as we know it today.

Namath hard an arm.

Namath took chances down the field.

Namath played in a tougher era.

Namath played 13 NFL seasons when he was thought to play 4 at most with his knee.

Namath won a Super Bowl.

We can bash Noodle Arm all we want.

A perfect opportunity? Didnt the jets play exactly zero home playoff games that season? It would have been a great win if they pulled it out in Pittsburgh, but the only person I have seen say they would have won the following week in NE was...well...me. :)

That team was not even good enough to have a home playoff game, but it was a perfect opportunity for him to go to the SB? Put the pipe down, dude.

Dont you know? It was the best team ever... it was all Chads fault they didnt win it all!

Its unfortunate your a JETS fan...

The fact that you dont support a guy who GETS US TO THE SHOW

Who is the most winning JETS QB EVER

Who proved all haters wrong, OVER AND OVER

Im sorry you arent enjoying it but I actually like having my team in the playoffs, you THINK Chad cant get it done there... but in reality you know nothing, your not a head coach, you dont see Chad practice, you dont know him, you dont break down his film, you watch him in real time on CBS once a week for a few months and act like a know it all...

Mangini like him, you dont... get over it.

According to your logic, Herman Edwards is the greatest Jets coach of all time because he was the most winning JETS HC EVER!

:Nuts:

BAHAHAHAHAHAH

Owned.

:beer::yahoo:

124, I have a question for you. But first let me preface it by saying the you

are one of the good guys on this board, no problem with your stance on Chad, everyone

entitled to their opinion. Alright, Chad has a average preseason and for discussion

sake starts the season. Now as you as a die hard Jet fan and notorious Chad hater is

watching the game. Although you obviously want the Jets to win is there something

inside of you that wants him to fail so that Clemens takes over and you can say

I told you so.

I had this discussion a few years back on another site concerning a player

and I got some interesting reactions including guys who admitted they might

feel that way. However the majority felt that they would root for the player.

What say you? Any of the other Chad haters can chime in.

According to your logic, Herman Edwards is the greatest Jets coach of all time because he was the most winning JETS HC EVER!

:Nuts:

If he won a superbowl he would have been... nothing we would have been able to say about it regardless of how dumb he was.

I said Chad would be the greatest JET QB IF and only if he won a superbowl.

If he won a superbowl he would have been... nothing we would have been able to say about it regardless of how dumb he was.

I said Chad would be the greatest JET QB IF and only if he won a superbowl.

You're as extreme as barton and 124- just on the opposite side of the spectrum.

are one of the good guys on this board, no problem with your stance on Chad, everyone

entitled to their opinion. Alright, Chad has a average preseason and for discussion

sake starts the season. Now as you as a die hard Jet fan and notorious Chad hater is

watching the game. Although you obviously want the Jets to win is there something

I told you so.

I would never root for Pennington to get hurt in a game.

I have complete confidence in any decision Mangini makes..if he goes with Pennington..I support that decision and Pennington..

But..some people understand that he has limitations..maybe these limitations were spotlighted this year with the fact he didn't have a running game,who knows...I will wait until training camp/preseason to get a better perspective..

I would never root for Pennington to get hurt in a game.

I have complete confidence in any decision Mangini makes..if he goes with Pennington..I support that decision and Pennington..

But..some people understand that he has limitations..maybe these limitations were spotlighted this year with the fact he didn't have a running game,who knows...I will wait until training camp/preseason to get a better perspective..

Hoping he would get hurt is not part of my question. Strictly on performance.

But good point on the limitations.

I told you so.

im still wondering how many games he thinks clemens will start lol

I told you so.

Thanks Senior, you are a good guy too, hopefully I will be seeing you again next season!

There would be a part of me that hopes that Pennington would fail, yes. Why? Because I want him out of here. Would I root my ass off for him? Of course because he is the player in the game and I would never root for an injury to come his way but there would be a part of me that if it happened to be that he got hurt or was losing more than usual that would say "I told you all so, time to bring in Kellen".

Hoping he would get hurt is not part of my question. Strictly on performance.

But good point on the limitations.

On performance..that's a tough one..I remember saying Glenn Foley sucked after the Raven game that put the Jets at 1-2 in 1998..and then he gets hurt and Vinny T takes over and the rest was history..I have that same kind of confidence in Mangini making the right decision just like Parcells did that year.

So whatever decision Mangini makes I will support.

Thanks Senior, you are a good guy too, hopefully I will be seeing you again next season!

There would be a part of me that hopes that Pennington would fail, yes. Why? Because I want him out of here. Would I root my ass off for him? Of course because he is the player in the game and I would never root for an injury to come his way but there would be a part of me that if it happened to be that he got hurt or was losing more than usual that would say "I told you all so, time to bring in Kellen".

Interesting answer my friend. Thanks for responding.

I told you so.

Will I root for chad to get injured? No.

Will I give a sh#t if he gets injured? Hell no.

Will I be happy if it gets Clemens in the starting lineup? Hell yes.

Will I root for chad to get injured? No.

Will I give a sh#t if he gets injured? Hell no.

Will I be happy if it gets Clemens in the starting lineup? Hell yes.

Barton...hypothetical question: If(yes, its a BIG if) Chad were to take this team, say, to the AFC championship game, and have a GREAT game, but simply be outgunned by someone of the likes of Peyton Manning(meaning the Defense didn't do its job, and for once, it really couldn't be pinned on Chad)...what would you have to say about Chad then?

Barton...hypothetical question: If(yes, its a BIG if) Chad were to take this team, say, to the AFC championship game, and have a GREAT game, but simply be outgunned by someone of the likes of Peyton Manning(meaning the Defense didn't do its job, and for once, it really couldn't be pinned on Chad)...what would you have to say about Chad then?

If he had a great game in the AFC championship game - like at least 2 TDs and no INTs, then I'd say he would be good enough to win a SB. But he'll never get to the AFC championship game, let alone win it.

Chads 31. By the time the rest of this team is prime for a superbowl run, Chad will be too old and we'll need a new QB.

Put Clemens in right f'n now, and lets see what we got with him. If he pans out, he'll be ready with the rest of this team in 2009 and 2010 to make a superbowl run.

Man, this is the second time the Raven has made his dreaded appearance in this thread. In answer to your question...

raven.jpg

"One upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,

Chad Pennington doesn't deserve to live." So quoth the Raven.

Man, this is the second time the Raven has made his dreaded appearance in this thread. In answer to your question...

raven.jpg

"One upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,

Chad Pennington doesn't deserve to live." So quoth the Raven.

What is that even supposed to mean

If Chad were to take us to the AFC Championship game and play lights out, I would bow my head down, cry a little bit, and then go have a three-way with Pamela Anderson and Heather Locklear. Then I would wake up.

Put Clemens in right f'n now, and lets see what we got with him. If he pans out, he'll be ready with the rest of this team in 2009 and 2010 to make a superbowl run.

I suspect he will get some decent playing time in the preseason games, which will be a good opportunity to show how far he has progressed.

If Chad were to take us to the AFC Championship game and play lights out, I would bow my head down, cry a little bit, and then go have a three-way with Pamela Anderson and Heather Locklear. Then I would wake up.

:beer: Indeed.

Archived