The REAL reason why some here think Kellen should start...

ECURB

So ecurb,you're so deep into defending chad that you now feel the need to bash the backup/future qb? Thats not gonna win you any Biggest Homer votes ;)

I don't think hes bashing him, more like he belives in Pennington.

Something I can't see.

Hahahhaha

Only you.

Just imagine the play action Chad can pull of with the threat of Jones hitting the hole instead of Barlow...

Chd has his limitations but the offseason is shaping up to bring out his strengths...

Just imagine the play action Chad can pull of with the threat of Jones hitting the hole instead of Barlow...

Chd has his limitations but the offseason is shaping up to bring out his strengths...

I understand Thomas is better then Barlow, but we have the same offensive line.

I am bashing the people who have blind faith in him :)

I hope Clemens turns out to be great, he has shown me nothing to make me think that yet though. Actually if Clemens is better than Chad, then we have one hell of a QB becuase Chad is a top 15 QB himself.

I don't think too many people are showing blind faith in Clemens. What Barton/124 specifically are showing is no faith in Pennington.

Seriously though,you get heavy ammo in that lame pic,and the best you can come up with is "Just cause he threatened you with a chainsaw doesn't make him a good QB"? C'mon,there are several "sawed-off" jokes just dying to be used.

I understand Thomas is better then Barlow, but we have the same offensive line.

We wont though, it should be better... also Dbrick and Mangold should improve...

The whole team will have a full year and offseason with the program as well...

I don't think too many people are showing blind faith in Clemens. What Barton/124 specifically are showing is no faith in Pennington.

Seriously though,you get heavy ammo in that lame pic,and the best you can come up with is "Just cause he threatened you with a chainsaw doesn't make him a good QB"? C'mon,there are several "sawed-off" jokes just dying to be used.

LOL

Barton and crew stated over and over "Clemens has the tools to win a superbowl, Chad doesnt" That is showing no faith in Chad and over hyping Clemens...

We wont though, it should be better... also Dbrick and Mangold should improve...

The whole team will have a full year and offseason with the program as well...

Dbrick needs to get bigger, thats something we need to improve on. I would love to take Blalock with our 1st pick.

Dbrick needs to get bigger, thats something we need to improve on. I would love to take Blalock with our 1st pick.

Yeah Dbrick, Vilma, and Drob need to get together for 4 dinners every day for the next 3 months...

Cutler - now way can you call him better than Chad... he took a team in playoff contention right out... Jake Plummer had them in the playoffs... Chad has made the playoffs 3 times... Cutler has to prove himself first.

Delhomme - he just isnt better, he had a couple good years on a couple good teams... he had a couple bad teams and didnt do so well.. Chad was a on team that went 4-12 and was considered to be terrible and the JETS made the playoffs.

Green - he is done, washed up, over with... in his prime he might have been better but not now.... he is about to be out of a job.

Losman - He has proved nothing, and just isnt better... he makes some terrible throws and isnt as smart during the game...

Romo - whoopee he had a great few games with a couple great receivers and a good receiving TE... he has proved nothing yet... could wind up being better but not now.

Roethlisberger - he is not better, just isnt...

Garcia - he is not better, and if Chad is supposedly one of the worst, and Garcia is better... why does Chad have a starting job and he doesnt?

Leftwich - not better than chad, another QB who teases you with a good arm and decent strength... but then cant get the job done... he wasnt better than Chad in college and wont be better in the NFL.

• So you wouldnt take Cutler over Chad? :lol:
  • Delhomme had as many TDs as Chad did last year, but only with 11 picks compared to Chads 16. The last 3 yrs Jake has thrown 70 TDs (twice as many as Chad). Pennington has thrown only 35 TDs and 28 Ints. Yeah, ok, Chads better!
  • Green might be done. But there is absolutely no doubt he was far better than Chad. The numbers he's put up are consistently in the top 10 every year.
  • Losman had a fine season last year. 19 Tds, 14 ints and at 26 yrs old he has upside. Chad doesnt.
  • Romo is again, a QB who had a better season than Chad did. Try bringing some facts to the table rather than saying "he's just not better", thats your opinion and based on the FACTs (ya know, TDs-INTs), Romo was better. Oh and it was just his 1st yr starting. Like JP Losman, he's got upside. Chad does not.
  • Roethlisberger - already won a superbowl, in which he threw the ball in the playoffs to get them there if you remember. Anybody who takes Chad over Big Ben is a dooshe. Yeah, and he's 25, again he has upside. Chad does not.
  • Garcia - He signed with the bucs. Expect him to be the starter. Last season, he was incredible for the eagles, and he's made several probowls in his career.
  • Leftwich - He's arguably better than Chad. Last 3 years he's thrown 37 TDs to 20 picks, while Chad has thrown 35 TDs to 28 picks. Oh yes, and Leftwich is a young QB at 27, who still has upside. Something that Chad lacks at age 31.

Next time try and bring some facts to the table ecurb, instead of just giving out opinions that said players arent as good as Chad. Facts say otherwise.

LOL

Barton and crew stated over and over "Clemens has the tools to win a superbowl, Chad doesnt" That is showing no faith in Chad and over hyping Clemens...

You are a fool.

Saying Clemens has the tools to win a superbowl is common sense. He's got the arm for it, he can make all the throws, he's also mobile. Those are tools that Clemens possesses that Chad doesnt not have. These are key components of being a SB QB.

Why the hell should I have faith in Chad Pennington? Since 2002 he's either gotten injured (2003, 2004, 2005) or has put up more turnovers (20) than touchdowns (17). #-o

So are you saying the Jets are bottom third of the league with anybody on eC's list and not Chad? Thats not reality or anywhere near it.

I think its "not reality" that Jets fans can see how this team has SUCKED anytime Chad has not been starting quarterback of this team, and this team has succeeded when he has led the team. He has not succeeded you say? Well I say he has, at least to the point of getting to the playoffs 3 times under his reign, something that over half the quarterbacks in this league have NOT done the past 5 years.

So tell me then, what exactly is it thats gotten the Jets to the playoffs these years, since Chad Pennington is the worse QB in the league. A bad schedule alone sure wont do it. I guess its the amazing defense? No, even 3 years ago, the "best defense" Chad had to help him out, has been often criticized by this sites most knowledgeble posters as a "paper tiger".

How about Curtis Martin? Well, some of the same people that bash Chad as being insufficient say that Martin was no more than an average back, who got a very high amount of carries, and had no real skill. "3 yards and a fart of dust" i believe is one way he's been described?

I would assume i need not waste my time on why its not the coaching that got us there 3 times, as two of those times were led by Herm Edwards. And the O-line too has often been criticized. So let me be the first to thank the great gods of luck who have blessed the Jets to be the luckiest franchise in the NFL since the turn of the century. It is truely amazing how the leagues worst QB, along with, for a time period, the leagues worst head coach in Herm Edwards, a make shift offensive line, and a "paper tiger" defense, somehow managed to get to the playoffs!

Knock Chad all you want, thats fine. He is not the leagues best, nor is he one of the "elite" quarterbacks of the league. What he is, however, is the leader of this team, and someone who knows how to win. As i posted earlier this week, he has got to get past this seemingly fear of the big games, when he has come up small. What he is consists of many, many things...none of which include a strong armed quarterback, all-pro quarterback, or even Hall of Fame quarterback....but also no where NEAR being the worst in the league, or even one of the worst in the league. Now THAT is outside of reality.

You are a fool.

Saying Clemens has the tools to win a superbowl is common sense. He's got the arm for it, he can make all the throws, he's also mobile. Those are tools that Clemens possesses that Chad doesnt not have. These are key components of being a SB QB.

Why the hell should I have faith in Chad Pennington? Since 2002 he's either gotten injured (2003, 2004, 2005) or has put up more turnovers (20) than touchdowns (17). #-o

Do you know this? Have you seen this in person, or at least on TV enough to say for sure? Or are you going based of a bunch of guys that get MANY things just like that wrong while judging 100's of players every draft....

We dont know if Clemens can make all the throws... it takes more than just having the arm... I have a strong arm that doesnt mean at full speed in an NFL game I can make all the throws...

Do you know this? Have you seen this in person, or at least on TV enough to say for sure? Or are you going based of a bunch of guys that get MANY things just like that wrong while judging 100's of players every draft....

We dont know if Clemens can make all the throws... it takes more than just having the arm... I have a strong arm that doesnt mean at full speed in an NFL game I can make all the throws...

Now you're just being a pain in the a$$. I've seen enough clips of this guy to know he has the arm to make all the throws and that he's very quick for a QB. The scouting reports by the experts who study his tape (Jaworski, Brandt etc etc) all say the same things.

Yeah, and I doubt me or you have a stronger arm than even Chad Pennington, so I wouldnt go there.

If you have a strong arm by nfl standards which Clemens has, yes you can make all the throws even the 20 yard out and beyond where Chads passes float like frisbees.

Now you're just being a pain in the a$$. I've seen enough clips of this guy to know he has the arm to make all the throws and that he's very quick for a QB. The scouting reports by the experts who study his tape (Jaworski, Brandt etc etc) all say the same things.

Yeah, and I doubt me or you have a stronger arm than even Chad Pennington, so I wouldnt go there.

If you have a strong arm by nfl standards which Clemens has, yes you can make all the throws even the 20 yard out and beyond where Chads passes float like frisbees.

Your missing my point... every college QB with an arm can make the throws in college and at the combine... in practice and in the pre-season... its when you get a game in the real show... the regular seas... and then the playoffs... cna he make the throws then? Mangini will decide that... but I would rather have Chads limitations throwing, but knowing he cna make certain throws and good read,.... then a young QB who will just choke and suck...

Dont ever take what I say the wrong way, I might get carried away becuase I really like Chad as a player... but I ALWAYS want the best player in there, and I will gladly support Clemens if he is that guy.

I think its "not reality" that Jets fans can see how this team has SUCKED anytime Chad has not been starting quarterback of this team, and this team has succeeded when he has led the team. He has not succeeded you say? Well I say he has, at least to the point of getting to the playoffs 3 times under his reign, something that over half the quarterbacks in this league have NOT done the past 5 years.

So tell me then, what exactly is it thats gotten the Jets to the playoffs these years, since Chad Pennington is the worse QB in the league. A bad schedule alone sure wont do it. I guess its the amazing defense? No, even 3 years ago, the "best defense" Chad had to help him out, has been often criticized by this sites most knowledgeble posters as a "paper tiger".

How about Curtis Martin? Well, some of the same people that bash Chad as being insufficient say that Martin was no more than an average back, who got a very high amount of carries, and had no real skill. "3 yards and a fart of dust" i believe is one way he's been described?

I would assume i need not waste my time on why its not the coaching that got us there 3 times, as two of those times were led by Herm Edwards. And the O-line too has often been criticized. So let me be the first to thank the great gods of luck who have blessed the Jets to be the luckiest franchise in the NFL since the turn of the century. It is truely amazing how the leagues worst QB, along with, for a time period, the leagues worst head coach in Herm Edwards, a make shift offensive line, and a "paper tiger" defense, somehow managed to get to the playoffs!

Knock Chad all you want, thats fine. He is not the leagues best, nor is he one of the "elite" quarterbacks of the league. What he is, however, is the leader of this team, and someone who knows how to win. As i posted earlier this week, he has got to get past this seemingly fear of the big games, when he has come up small. What he is consists of many, many things...none of which include a strong armed quarterback, all-pro quarterback, or even Hall of Fame quarterback....but also no where NEAR being the worst in the league, or even one of the worst in the league. Now THAT is outside of reality.

Thats all very inspirational dude but lets get back to the question - are you saying that with any of the QB's on eCurbs list we would have finished in the bottom third of the league those years he carried us into the playoff's? If thats what you're saying - I'm saying I strongly disagree.

BTW - I've never once said Pennington was anywhere near the worst QB in the league and supported/applauded his efforts up until this year. In 2006 - his only full season of playing time - he showed he likely doesn't have the skills to carry the Jets to a SuperBowl.

It's got nothing to do with what a leader, warrior, genius, knight, philanthropist, hero, selfless guy he is. At some point, all that and $1.98 gets you a vente coffee at Starbucks.

I'd like a Lombardi trophy - but thats just me.

Thats all very inspirational dude but lets get back to the question - are you saying that with any of the QB's on eCurbs list we would have finished in the bottom third of the league those years he carried us into the playoff's? If thats what you're saying - I'm saying I strongly disagree.

BTW - I've never once said Pennington was anywhere near the worst QB in the league and supported/applauded his efforts up until this year. In 2006 - his only full season of playing time - he showed he likely doesn't have the skills to carry the Jets to a SuperBowl.

It's got nothing to do with what a leader, warrior, genius, knight, philanthropist, hero, selfless guy he is. At some point, all that and $1.98 gets you a vente coffee at Starbucks.

I'd like a Lombardi trophy - but thats just me.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree then, and nothing wrong with that. Wasn't really talking to just you the whole time, but everyone who bashes Pennington...and a couple in this thread alone have called him the worst. I'm with you 100%, I want the Jets to hoist the Lombardi, and if Chad can't do it, he needs to be replaced. I truely believe that like I said, if he could get over his lack of confidence in big time situations that he could win a Super Bowl. I think Peyton Manning was way more messed up in the head about big game situations, and overcame it. Yeah, Peyton is WAY more skilled than Chad, but they are two qb's that bring two completely different things to the table...but if Chad brings his A game im confident in his ability to supply a big time W. However if the inconsistant, sometimes uncharacteristically unwise Chad Pennington of last year re-emerges this year...then you're all right. That Chad wont win us anything at all. I think the only difference between you and anyone else who wants Pennington gone, and myself, is that i believe he's got something more than what we saw last year. Not the "next Montana" ridiculous hype he got back in 02...but he's got a SB win in him. If he starts to believe he can win in a big spot, he will. I guess only next year will tell, b/c its do or die for Chad.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree then, and nothing wrong with that.

I guess only next year will tell, b/c its do or die for Chad.

Fair enough here buddy. I'd like to see Chad bring home the bacon just because of who he is as a person - my database tells me that isn't going to happen. But thats my database.

Fair enough here buddy. I'd like to see Chad bring home the bacon just because of who he is as a person - my database tells me that isn't going to happen. But thats my database.

Isnt it nice that while us fans can disagree... we know that we have a decent HC now that will most likely make the right choice for the starting QB?

The real reason is because Chad sucks. I shouldn't have to repeat myself. :box:

So let's replace him with a Jon Kitna/Jay Fiedler-type because that's what Clemens is. I love all these people who say Clemens is an amazing talent because Ron Jaworski and Merril Hoge said so, so far Jaworski and Hoge have been wrong about everything regarding the 2006 QB class.

You can still look up on youtube.com Hoge saying Vince Young and Matt Leinart aren't even worth 1st round picks and Clemens was better than both of them. That's money baby!

So let's replace him with a Jon Kitna/Jay Fiedler-type because that's what Clemens is. I love all these people who say Clemens is an amazing talent because Ron Jaworski and Merril Hoge said so, so far Jaworski and Hoge have been wrong about everything regarding the 2006 QB class.

You can still look up on youtube.com Hoge saying Vince Young and Matt Leinart aren't even worth 1st round picks and Clemens was better than both of them. That's money baby!

Worst thing about Jaworski is that he did all that yapping about Clemens on draft day, but by the end of the season he was on the same Leinart, Cutler, Young bandwagon as everybody else. Acting like they were the only 3 qbs in the draft. Guess it just made for good tv. He probably figured if Chad can't come back the kid had a good chance of beating out Ramsey and then he'd look like a smart guy.

I love all the people who say Clemens sucks because they haven't seen him play yet. That **** is comical.

Clemens is John Kitna? Im glad you have enough to go on to make that call.

In my book...Kitna >> Pennington so lets make the move!

I love all the people who say Clemens sucks because they haven't seen him play yet. That **** is comical.

To be fair, its no different from saying Clemens is the answer. We dont know either yet. In a perfect world we'd all be right...Chad brings us a SB victory, then hes replaced by Clemens who brings us a few more....:P

To be fair, its no different from saying Clemens is the answer. We dont know either yet. In a perfect world we'd all be right...Chad brings us a SB victory, then hes replaced by Clemens who brings us a few more....:P

No one is saying Clemens is the answer.

They are saying Chad isn't.

They use to tell me the same thing when I would tell them Herm sucked.

I will have the last laugh!!! Muahahahhaa!!

We shall see... :)

I love this hidden message crap.. it adds even more fun to JetNation... you jerk!

Obviously they have been threatened by Kellen with a heavy duty chainsaw!

kellenchainsaw1.gif

Don't let these people fool you into thinking Kellen should start over Chad... they are only doing it because their life is on the line... they don't really feel that way!

just like people who wanna kill you on you tube

We shall see... :)

I love this hidden message crap.. it adds even more fun to JetNation... you jerk!

I have seen enough. Unless Chad finds a magic lamp with a genie and wishes to have a stronger arm,we have seen his ceeling. It's low.

You suck and so does Chad. Can I get some god damn rep for showing you this hidden stuff or what?

The point is that in today's NFL you need to have an at least very good quarterback to win the Super Bowl. QB's in the Jon Kitna/Jay Fiedler mold like Kellen Clemens ain't gonna cut it and I did see him play a few games in the Pac-10 and I saw his action in the preseason last summer. I just don't see what is so special about this guy. And enough with the Trent Dilfer/Brad Johnson arguments. Our defense is nowhere near being dominant with Mangini playing the 3-4 with 4-3 players who are locked in here for at least 2 or 3 more years.

Jon Kitna is better than Chad Pennington now? Wow. A career back-up who took one team to the playoffs 7 years ago and lost at home to an inferior Dolphins team is now better than Pennington. This anti-Chad parade is starting to get out of control. Pretty soon we'll be hearing how this franchise would have been so much better off going with Ray Lucas instead of Chad Pennington.

I agree with the Kellen-lovers that Chad is not the long-term answer, I just don't think Clemens is either.

Archived