Lack of respect

4HCrew

Keep in mind, Randy didn't recently admit to taking plays off, he said that when MIN was at the pinnacle, in the midst of repeated playoff run pre-Tice.

That's all I need to know right there. I don't care how good the guy is, if he says things like that (plus him walking off the field a few years ago) then I would rather him be on another squad.

Randy Moss hasn't been Randy Moss since 2003. He's had numerous injuries since then and has likely lost a step. In his prime he was a threat that Chad Pennington can't take advantage of. Daunte Cullpepper might not be a very good QB, but he had no problem throwing 65 yard bombs where Moss could outrun his defender. Chad can't do that. Moss isn't going over the middle to make the tough grabs, and when he's called on to do that he usually aligator arms it or half asses it. You're expecting this guy to turn on a switch that hasn't been on since 2003. As much as you might like to believe that's easy, it isn't.

All of this ignores one other MAJOR impact a move like this would have on the team. Contrary to reports, Coles has a solid relationship with our coaching staff and is viewed as a locker room leader. Coles was the only guy willing to joke about Mangini a bit and speak openly regarding the toughness of camp. While he may have complained about the toughness of camp, he always gave his all in camp and no doubt will again this year. Mangini/Coles is very much like Simms Parcells and Keyshawn/Parcells. There is a mutual respect that each one knows the other is good at what they do and works hard to accomplish that. Hell, Coles nearly had his jaw removed from his face and came back in the game. Mangini respects that type of guy. Sending Coles off for Moss sends a message to the entire team. It says you can give all you got, but we'll replace you with a guy with more talent who's openly admitted he will take plays off when he feels like it. Thatis not the message that the players want to hear, the coaches want to instill, or I want to see as a fan of the Jets. That's a surefire way to ruin a team.

Keep in mind, Randy didn't recently admit to taking plays off, he said that when MIN was at the pinnacle, in the midst of repeated playoff run pre-Tice.

For all the talk about how gritty and tough coles is (and he is) that still can't make up for the fact that he's a good no 2 WR and not a legit no 1. Randy Moss has been that guy before and he might be able to again. Chad is perfectly capable of throwing 40 yard lobs for Moss to go get as any other QB and if moss is in a situation where he's interested in playing i don't see any reason why can't be that type of no 1 guy again.

That's all I need to know right there. I don't care how good the guy is, if he says things like that (plus him walking off the field a few years ago) then I would rather him be on another squad.

He was very upset that they lost, i don't have a problem with what he did.

He was very upset that they lost, i don't have a problem with what he did.

You have no problem with a guy who took plays off when his team is in a playoff race? I have a problem with an NFL player who slacks off on an 0-16 team. A guy who can't even be motivated to give 60 minutes on a playoff team? F% him.

You have no problem with a guy who took plays off when his team is in a playoff race? I have a problem with an NFL player who slacks off on an 0-16 team. A guy who can't even be motivated to give 60 minutes on a playoff team? F% him.

There is no way of knowing how many plays he took off and you have to remember that he was playing for a joke of a coach in Mike Tice which could've been part of that too. I doubt he'd do that here under this coaching staff.

There is no way of knowing how many plays he took off and you have to remember that he was playing for a joke of a coach in Mike Tice which could've been part of that too. I doubt he'd do that here under this coaching staff.

No, he was playing for Denny Green in 2001, a year removed from the playoffs. It was the year Korey Stringer died and it was also the year Chris Carter finally had enough and retired (before rewsuming his career in MIA). That was when he first admitted to it. He only reiterated it in years to come under Tice as well as on OAK. This isn't some recent thing with him.

I don't want any player who would work harder for one coach and not another. WHo the **** is he to decide when he will work? He gets paid yr rd...his ass should work yr rd. Not whenever he feels like it.

Randy Moss is a piece of garbage who throws his teammtes and coaches under the bus.

I don't want any player who would work harder for one coach and not another. WHo the **** is he to decide when he will work? He gets paid yr rd...his ass should work yr rd. Not whenever he feels like it.

Randy Moss is a piece of garbage who throws his teammtes and coaches under the bus.

Totally agree!!

Like I said in an earlier post, I would rather have a Wayne Chrebet type player than someone like Moss or TO.

This whole subject is ludicrious - who's going to throw to Mr. Matasticized? Your guy Chad? They can be butt buddies on and off the field but your game breaking wide reciever is phase 2. Phase 1 is getting somebody to throw the ball to them. We have probably the 2 best receivers out there to grab Chad's stuff. No need to even get into the fact that Moss is a throbbing penis chancre that wouldn't last 2 days with Mangini.

I understand why people wouldn't want to bring moss here. I'm just a little more willing to try a high risk high reward maneuver then many other posters here... i feel the reward is higher then the risk...

I don't think i'm that off base considering that Moss is less then a year older then Coles and he's had 6 seasons better then any of coles'...

This whole subject is ludicrious - who's going to throw to Mr. Matasticized? Your guy Chad? They can be butt buddies on and off the field but your game breaking wide reciever is phase 2. Phase 1 is getting somebody to throw the ball to them. We have probably the 2 best receivers out there to grab Chad's stuff. No need to even get into the fact that Moss is a throbbing penis chancre that wouldn't last 2 days with Mangini.

I can't believe that the same people advocating getting Moss are the same people who think Chad should be the QB.

"Oh, just put up 40-yard lobs"

Get serious. That's an offensive gameplan? Just have Chad throw up 40 yard lobs and Randy Moss will out-leap everyone on planet earth and we'll always get a touchdown that way.

Ah, but what if it's 3rd & 3 and you need someone to go over the middle tough, take the hit, and still hold onto the ball? Bah! you say. Just have Chad throw a 40 yard floater and Randy Moss will come down with it.

This is about the silliest thing ever. Please, if it was that easy, why hasn't every single coach who's had Moss (with QB's with wayyyyy better arms) just run that play every single down if it's so unstoppable? Surely it can't be defended if any old girlie-armed QB with a #10 on his jersey can just chuck it up there. Sounds like a Chuck Norris joke. Only thing left out was saying that after catching a 40 yard floater & taking it into the endzone, Randy Moss will give the entire defense a roundhouse kick to the face.

If you want to keep Chad as our QB, swapping out Coles for Moss would be the worst thing possible. He would be totally wasted here. He would vent about his displeasure to the media with regularity. Then Mangini would cut him for insubordination. Of course, then the excuses would pile up again how it's yet another Moss and not Chad.

Laveranues Coles is not the or a WR problem. The problem is Timmy Lupus throwing it to him. Every friggin' year. Oh, it's b/c Chrebet's too old. Oh, it's because Coles is too short. Oh, it's because Santana has alligator-arms. Oh, it's because Coles is too slow (lol). Oh, McCareins isn't a real deep threat. Oh, Cotchery's good but he's too slow also.

Did it every occur to anyone that the common denominator with the complaints about these WR's is that Chad was their QB at the time of the complaints? How can anyone justify keeping Pennington around & then saying he needs a WR (r two) at around 6'3+, 4.3 (or better) speed, perfect/reliable hands, likes to go across the middle for the tough catch, and has godlike leaping ability, and has impeccable character & drive. If we had someone like that, what the hell do we need Chad for?

We have one of the top WR tandems in the NFL and people are advocating getting rid of the BETTER of the two WR's for someone who has been a malcontent for his whole career & hasn't been anything special for a 16 game season since 2003? It just never occurs to anyone that it might be the person THROWING to the receivers that impacts their production than the receivers themselves. You honestly expect to see Coles getting 14+ ypr when he has to run all curl-patterns for Chad to reach him? Think about how badly these WR's have to juke the CB to get enough separation so that they're still open when Chad's floaters reach them.

BTW 124, there was an ENORMOUS difference in what we offered Coles & what Washington offered him back in early 2003. It wasn't close. Bradway offered him $6M guaranteed; Snyder offered him $13M guaranteed. You'd stay with the team that is offering you below-market value and turn your nose at someone willing to give you more than double? In a profession where your career can end on any play? Right.

You are what you are. Randy Moss isn't going to change ever and I don't care if Jesus Christ is his QB. He is a talented scmuck and when it doesn't go well he gives up and he is absolutly NEVER going to change the way he does his NFL business so let it be. Mangini would never take a clown like Moss. LC goes 100% every down. I said it before maybe pissin and moanin is how he get through his work week. we all work with people like that but they bust butt everyday so who cares if he occasionly yaps a little. LC is hard working,competitive, selfless and tough. I believe these are "Jet Core Values".

I can't believe that the same people advocating getting Moss are the same people who think Chad should be the QB.

"Oh, just put up 40-yard lobs"

Get serious. That's an offensive gameplan? Just have Chad throw up 40 yard lobs and Randy Moss will out-leap everyone on planet earth and we'll always get a touchdown that way.

Ah, but what if it's 3rd & 3 and you need someone to go over the middle tough, take the hit, and still hold onto the ball? Bah! you say. Just have Chad throw a 40 yard floater and Randy Moss will come down with it.

This is about the silliest thing ever. Please, if it was that easy, why hasn't every single coach who's had Moss (with QB's with wayyyyy better arms) just run that play every single down if it's so unstoppable? Surely it can't be defended if any old girlie-armed QB with a #10 on his jersey can just chuck it up there. Sounds like a Chuck Norris joke. Only thing left out was saying that after catching a 40 yard floater & taking it into the endzone, Randy Moss will give the entire defense a roundhouse kick to the face.

If you want to keep Chad as our QB, swapping out Coles for Moss would be the worst thing possible. He would be totally wasted here. He would vent about his displeasure to the media with regularity. Then Mangini would cut him for insubordination. Of course, then the excuses would pile up again how it's yet another Moss and not Chad.

Laveranues Coles is not the or a WR problem. The problem is Timmy Lupus throwing it to him. Every friggin' year. Oh, it's b/c Chrebet's too old. Oh, it's because Coles is too short. Oh, it's because Santana has alligator-arms. Oh, it's because Coles is too slow (lol). Oh, McCareins isn't a real deep threat. Oh, Cotchery's good but he's too slow also.

Did it every occur to anyone that the common denominator with the complaints about these WR's is that Chad was their QB at the time of the complaints? How can anyone justify keeping Pennington around & then saying he needs a WR (r two) at around 6'3+, 4.3 (or better) speed, perfect/reliable hands, likes to go across the middle for the tough catch, and has godlike leaping ability, and has impeccable character & drive. If we had someone like that, what the hell do we need Chad for?

We have one of the top WR tandems in the NFL and people are advocating getting rid of the BETTER of the two WR's for someone who has been a malcontent for his whole career & hasn't been anything special for a 16 game season since 2003? It just never occurs to anyone that it might be the person THROWING to the receivers that impacts their production than the receivers themselves. You honestly expect to see Coles getting 14+ ypr when he has to run all curl-patterns for Chad to reach him? Think about how badly these WR's have to juke the CB to get enough separation so that they're still open when Chad's floaters reach them.

BTW 124, there was an ENORMOUS difference in what we offered Coles & what Washington offered him back in early 2003. It wasn't close. Bradway offered him $6M guaranteed; Snyder offered him $13M guaranteed. You'd stay with the team that is offering you below-market value and turn your nose at someone willing to give you more than double? In a profession where your career can end on any play? Right.

One of the reasons i feel comfortable trying to bring moss here is that fact that in the past he's called Chad the best QB he's ever played with so i find it hard to believe that he'd come here and start calling Chad out.

You are REALLY oversimplifying my point if you think that i'm saying to just throw the ball 40 yards on every play. The point is that if Moss were on the Jets chad would be able to get him the ball when needed.

I never that Coles WAS the problem. However Moss is just a plain better player and I'm willing to take a chance to bring the better player here.

One of the reasons i feel comfortable trying to bring moss here is that fact that in the past he's called Chad the best QB he's ever played with so i find it hard to believe that he'd come here and start calling Chad out.

You are REALLY oversimplifying my point if you think that i'm saying to just throw the ball 40 yards on every play. The point is that if Moss were on the Jets chad would be able to get him the ball when needed.

I never that Coles WAS the problem. However Moss is just a plain better player and I'm willing to take a chance to bring the better player here.

:rolleyes:

They had a real good relationship at Marshall when Chad was thorwing to a IA talent against IAA DBs. Chad does not have that luxury in the NFL.

Moss is a horrible fit for the Jets.

:rolleyes:

They had a real good relationship at Marshall when Chad was thorwing to a IA talent against IAA DBs. Chad does not have that luxury in the NFL.

Moss is a horrible fit for the Jets.

With that coming from a patsys fan, I want on the Jets Moss more now...

And if Randy Moss says something, then it must be true. So because Randy Moss has said that prior to two shoulder surgeries, and prior to almost throwing his arm out in a friendly throwing-for-distance tc competition with Testaverde as a rookie (which alone calls his intelligence into question), that means Moss would thrive with the 2007 Chad Pennington?

No WR will look elite with Chad throwing the ball to him for an entire season. Further, Moss hasn't had an elite season since 2003, 4 seasons ago. Yet you are predicting that he will suddenly become elite again by having the NFL's weakest-armed QB throwing to him? And further, he'll suddenly become a model team-first player throughout Mangini's boot camp? lol.

Pennington can't even hit his TE. Now he's going to consistently hit Randy Moss 30-40 yards downfield on a weekly basis? You can't be serious.

And if Randy Moss says something, then it must be true. So because Randy Moss has said that prior to two shoulder surgeries, and prior to almost throwing his arm out in a friendly throwing-for-distance tc competition with Testaverde as a rookie (which alone calls his intelligence into question), that means Moss would thrive with the 2007 Chad Pennington?

No WR will look elite with Chad throwing the ball to him for an entire season. Further, Moss hasn't had an elite season since 2003, 4 seasons ago. Yet you are predicting that he will suddenly become elite again by having the NFL's weakest-armed QB throwing to him? And further, he'll suddenly become a model team-first player throughout Mangini's boot camp? lol.

Pennington can't even hit his TE. Now he's going to consistently hit Randy Moss 30-40 yards downfield on a weekly basis? You can't be serious.

Even if i was to agree with you and say that no WR would look elite with the steaming heap of crap that is Chad Pennington throwing him the ball, then shouldn't i want the better player anyway? Moss is less then a year older then Coles and over his career he's been the better player.

If Chad really is as awful as you say he is then he won't be the Jets starting QB for long so they shouldn't not bring a player in because he might not fit perfectly with Chad right? I don't think thats going to be the case however.

Even if i was to agree with you and say that no WR would look elite with the steaming heap of crap that is Chad Pennington throwing him the ball, then shouldn't i want the better player anyway? Moss is less then a year older then Coles and over his career he's been the better player.

If Chad really is as awful as you say he is then he won't be the Jets starting QB for long so they shouldn't not bring a player in because he might not fit perfectly with Chad right? I don't think thats going to be the case however.

This isn't 1999-2003. Coles is a better WR and football player than Moss. If you're going to bring up past stats from when a player was great, then we should sign Jerry Rice as well.

You are what you are. Randy Moss isn't going to change ever and I don't care if Jesus Christ is his QB. He is a talented scmuck and when it doesn't go well he gives up and he is absolutly NEVER going to change the way he does his NFL business so let it be. Mangini would never take a clown like Moss. LC goes 100% every down. I said it before maybe pissin and moanin is how he get through his work week. we all work with people like that but they bust butt everyday so who cares if he occasionly yaps a little. LC is hard working,competitive, selfless and tough. I believe these are "Jet Core Values".

If Jesus is the QB here I am pretty sure they would just go with the option. No sense throwing it down the field. Just go with ball control.

This isn't 1999-2003. Coles is a better WR and football player than Moss. If you're going to bring up past stats from when a player was great, then we should sign Jerry Rice as well.

If Jerry Rice was less then a year older then Coles i'd want him too. There is no reason to think that Randy Moss is done as a good football player at 30 years old provided he's healthy and in the right situation.

No WR will look elite with Chad throwing the ball to him for an entire season.

I'm sorry - but this is really what I don't understand. Is Chad a good to great field general? You betcha. It's his inability to make the throws that will keep him and us from being elite if he stays under center.

This will just invite more commentary on completion % and 3 years making the play-offs - so back to Randy Moss. The idea of him coming to the Jets and providing the missing ingredient to greatness is preposterous. If Chad's throwing - we have exactly who we need catching.

Yeah but Abe always got hurt. Moss isn't hurt his issues might be easier to fix if he's in a winning environment...

thats even worse. a cry baby primadonna who doesn't block, pouts, yells at his QB on the sidelines...at least TO performs, this jackass should just go away

If Jesus is the QB here I am pretty sure they would just go with the option. No sense throwing it down the field. Just go with ball control.

Max,

I believe Jesus also possesses "Jet Core Values". well.. maybe not so much the "football is important" aspect. hahaha

Archived