Lack of respect

4HCrew

While watching the Jets/Pats game #1 replay on NFL Network it was interesting to watch how hard Coles played and how determined he was. Reading on how the Jets should trade him to get Moss is just laughable. You will never get efforts like that out of Randy Moss. Coles is a very tough physical reliable wr.. not easy to find in the NFL

While watching the Jets/Pats game #1 replay on NFL Network it was interesting to watch how hard Coles played and how determined he was. Reading on how the Jets should trade him to get Moss is just laughable. You will never get efforts like that out of Randy Moss. Coles is a very tough physical reliable wr.. not easy to find in the NFL

True but how much does that make up for compared to a physical freak like moss?

Moss only plays when he wants to play. Do you really want a WR like that ?

Not really but if he ever got his act together (and his relationship with Chad at least gives me reason to hope he can) he's an offensive force that this team needs.

True but how much does that make up for compared to a physical freak like moss?

John Abe was a physical freak. Didn't do much good when he was on the sidelines. Moss admits to taking plays off. That's just swell.

Pass.

John Abe was a physical freak. Didn't do much good when he was on the sidelines. Moss admits to taking plays off. That's just swell.

Pass.

Yeah but Abe always got hurt. Moss isn't hurt his issues might be easier to fix if he's in a winning environment...

Yeah but Abe always got hurt. Moss isn't hurt his issues might be easier to fix if he's in a winning environment...

I think that actually makes it worse. Moss has given up on teams. He is a head case. Abe played hard but sat out and we all wanted him gone. Mangini expects his receivers to things like run routes and block. It just isn't a good fit.

I think that actually makes it worse. Moss has given up on teams. He is a head case. Abe played hard but sat out and we all wanted him gone. Mangini expects his receivers to things like run routes and block. It just isn't a good fit.
Moss also hasn't really played for a competent coach on a winning team in a long time...

I'm still not and never will be 100% over Coles leaving for Washington for more money. The money was not that much more then what the Jets were offering.

Shop Rite offers you $8 per hour. Pathmark offers you $14. Where do you go?

You can't choose Pathmark. It is all the way across town and that is only $6 an hour more. The whole the money was close thing never holds water imo. Coles got paid to leave and he got paid to come back. So the money wasn't that close.

You never leave money on the table in the NFL. Not when you are always one play away from your last paycheck.

I'm still not and never will be 100% over Coles leaving for Washington for more money. The money was not that much more then what the Jets were offering.

I still don't like coles over this. I'll be happy the day he isn't on our team anymore so I can stop hearing about how great this guy is.

It's hard to get a team full of guys who never have had past issues in the NFL...

I don't care what they do OFF the field. Seriously. I don't want a guy who gave up on his team. Who admits that he takes plays off when he isn't involved. You ever see those breakdowns on ESPN? With Randy just standing there? Not cool.

Making a case for Randy Moss is just plain assinine. The guy has been a team cancer everywhere. No thanks.

Agree. And I suspect he has lost at least a step. Of course, its hard to tell because he has made no effort the last couple of years.

You don't like Coles cause he left the Jets for slightly more money yet you are jumping on Randy "run over a police officer, throw your team under the bus, take plays off, take years off, and do whatever you want" Moss.

Something isn't right with that picture.

Moss also hasn't really played for a competent coach on a winning team in a long time...

If that isn't excuse mongering for cr*ppy behavior, I don't know what is. Little TO can rot on a bad team all the more. Couldn't think of a more deserving schm*ck in that department next to TO himself.

Moss is a big risk obviously but he has the potential for a big reward too.

Yeah but seriously I do not think that the possible reward with Moss is worth the risk. Any guy who walks off the field on his team and admits to taking plays off isn't someone I want to see wearing Jet green on gamedays.

You can't be serious. Brown is old and done. Moss is a big risk obviously but he has the potential for a big reward too. Brown has none of that.

they said the same thing about TO and look what happened. moss is a locker room cancer he is not welcomed here. if you like him so much why dont you go and root for him in oakland

You can't be serious. Brown is old and done. Moss is a big risk obviously but he has the potential for a big reward too. Brown has none of that.

Who cares about Brown, the issue is Coles. With Coles you have a guy who is gonna get 1000 to 1300 yds and 5-10 TD's. That's pretty much a guarantee as he's shown in the past. Moss is a guy who can get you better numbers at the risk of completely torching team chemistry and having us search for a real WR for the next 3-5 years. Don't think so? Ask PHI how tough it is to find a solid WR after a bigheaded star just blew it up. The gain that Moss could potentially give us does not outwieght the risk he brings.

they said the same thing about TO and look what happened. moss is a locker room cancer he is not welcomed here. if you like him so much why dont you go and root for him in oakland

They said the same thing when To went to the eagles and he played great for them all year till he got hurt and then came back and played a great super bowl then when he went to the cowboys he played well and WAS NOT the reason they lost in the playoffs. For all the noise, he's helped the teams he's been on and moss is capable of doing the same.

Who cares about Brown, the issue is Coles. With Coles you have a guy who is gonna get 1000 to 1300 yds and 5-10 TD's. That's pretty much a guarantee as he's shown in the past. Moss is a guy who can get you better numbers at the risk of completely torching team chemistry and having us search for a real WR for the next 3-5 years. Don't think so? Ask PHI how tough it is to find a solid WR after a bigheaded star just blew it up. The gain that Moss could potentially give us does not outwieght the risk he brings.
A guy like Coles is a very nice player to have but he's a guy that can be replaced. If Randy Moss is Randy Moss of old thats a player you can't duplicate...

A guy like Coles is a very nice player to have but he's a guy that can be replaced. If Randy Moss is Randy Moss of old thats a player you can't duplicate...

Randy Moss hasn't been Randy Moss since 2003. He's had numerous injuries since then and has likely lost a step. In his prime he was a threat that Chad Pennington can't take advantage of. Daunte Cullpepper might not be a very good QB, but he had no problem throwing 65 yard bombs where Moss could outrun his defender. Chad can't do that. Moss isn't going over the middle to make the tough grabs, and when he's called on to do that he usually aligator arms it or half asses it. You're expecting this guy to turn on a switch that hasn't been on since 2003. As much as you might like to believe that's easy, it isn't.

All of this ignores one other MAJOR impact a move like this would have on the team. Contrary to reports, Coles has a solid relationship with our coaching staff and is viewed as a locker room leader. Coles was the only guy willing to joke about Mangini a bit and speak openly regarding the toughness of camp. While he may have complained about the toughness of camp, he always gave his all in camp and no doubt will again this year. Mangini/Coles is very much like Simms Parcells and Keyshawn/Parcells. There is a mutual respect that each one knows the other is good at what they do and works hard to accomplish that. Hell, Coles nearly had his jaw removed from his face and came back in the game. Mangini respects that type of guy. Sending Coles off for Moss sends a message to the entire team. It says you can give all you got, but we'll replace you with a guy with more talent who's openly admitted he will take plays off when he feels like it. Thatis not the message that the players want to hear, the coaches want to instill, or I want to see as a fan of the Jets. That's a surefire way to ruin a team.

Keep in mind, Randy didn't recently admit to taking plays off, he said that when MIN was at the pinnacle, in the midst of repeated playoff run pre-Tice.

Archived