If the NBA shut down tonight...

SouthernJet

SJ you sound like someone who has no emotional attachment to the sport or its teams...

The NBA hasnt been great like it was in the 90's but games like the Mavs-Suns game last week on ESPN keep it worth watching...

SJ you sound like someone who has no emotional attachment to the sport or its teams...

The NBA hasnt been great like it was in the 90's but games like the Mavs-Suns game last week on ESPN keep it worth watching...

I like the sport of basketball.

But I am not emotionally attached to the NBA.

I view college/pro BBall as two different sports.

College/Pro football isnt as radically different as College/Pro Basketball.

Black people would care. But lets not even get into that even though its what you're implying.

ironic how people expose their own racist attitudes when straining beyond reason to assign their own bigotted views onto others. SJ's opinion is that NBA is entertainment for morons--whether he's right or wrong he's entitled to think the NBA is boring and moronic. your opinion is obviously that black people are morons. you made that "connection," not SJ.

I like the sport of basketball.

But I am not emotionally attached to the NBA.

I view college/pro BBall as two different sports.

College/Pro football isnt as radically different as College/Pro Basketball.

I hear you... I myself dont like college ball too much... Im not saying the NBA is great right now either... I dont watch it often during the season, partially becuase I like the Bulls and I live on the east coast... and becuase it only seems to really get exciting come playoff time...

Growing up I always dreamed of being in the NBA... then I was blessed with being 6'0" and having a terrible jump shot... lol... I guess I just feel attached to the NBA...

At least with the team I like (The Bulls) they have some good young players that are exciting to watch and now they brought in Ben Wallace to try and finish the puzzle... its been fun to watch them fall apart after Jordan and now get back in the playoffs for 2 and coming up on 3 years in the playoffs...

Reason why the NBA is down

1) No one has stepped up to the thrones of Bird, Magic, and Jordan.

And problem no one will. The NBA keeps pushing the LeBrons, Kobes, Nashes and such but there may be no one that will be able to fill those shoes. Instead of promoting the "Superstars" like they did with Bird, Magic and Jordan, the NBA should be promoting the teams (Phoenix, Dallas, Bulls etc) get the league back to the team concept.

2) ABC: They Suck. Plain and simple.

3) Negative Image: It seems that since the Detroit/Indiana brawl a few years ago any pub the NBA has been negative.

4) Get rid of the Zone D !!!!!! Please do away with this. It is boring. We want teamwork, pass the ball, pick and roll. Not "guard dribbles clock to 8 seconds and then passes to center for shot" BORING

And as much as some people may hate to hear this the NBA needs a team like the Knicks, the Celtics or even the Bulls to step up and become a factor again. People would watch Bulls-Pistons NBA East Finals, or Knicks-Pistons, NBA East finals. No one is going to care about Cavs-Pistons, or Wizards-Pistons. The NBA needs some of these major market teams to bounce back.

And problem no one will. The NBA keeps pushing the LeBrons, Kobes, Nashes and such but there may be no one that will be able to fill those shoes. Instead of promoting the "Superstars" like they did with Bird, Magic and Jordan, the NBA should be promoting the teams (Phoenix, Dallas, Bulls etc) get the league back to the team concept.

3) Negative Image: It seems that since the Detroit/Indiana brawl a few years ago any pub the NBA has been negative.

4) Get rid of the Zone D !!!!!! Please do away with this. It is boring. We want teamwork, pass the ball, pick and roll. Not "guard dribbles clock to 8 seconds and then passes to center for shot" BORING

And as much as some people may hate to hear this the NBA needs a team like the Knicks, the Celtics or even the Bulls to step up and become a factor again. People would watch Bulls-Pistons NBA East Finals, or Knicks-Pistons, NBA East finals. No one is going to care about Cavs-Pistons, or Wizards-Pistons. The NBA needs some of these major market teams to bounce back.

One man can be blamed for the image of the NBA, and that is David Stern.

One man can be blamed for the image of the NBA, and that is David Stern.

excellent point. he's perpetuating the trend of individualism that glorifies guys like iverson that average 30 pts a game but on 9 of 35 shooting.

this basically sums up why college ball is superior to the NBA in every way. or as bobby knight once said: "If the NBA was on channel five and a bunch of frogs making love were on channel four, I'd watch the frogs, even if they were coming in fuzzy."

excellent point. he's perpetuating the trend of individualism that glorifies guys like iverson that average 30 pts a game but on 9 of 35 shooting.

in the NBA, 9 of 35 shooting? is that in the game or outside the strip club afterwards?

haha

POTW nominee

I like the Bobcats and all but I am a college bball fan first. Always has been the Heels, nothing comes before that.

And I will be honest, if May and Felton had not been drafted by the Cats I would not take as much interest in them.

Yeah but the Bobcats are getting close. If they can get May healthy and come up with one more big time draft they will compete for the post season next year.

I went to two games so far this year and I really think the fans want to get into this team now. They can be loud at times and that is what you need from a fanbase.

They also need to get out of that stupid TV deal and get one where at least they can be seen in the state and in parts of SC. Right now the only time I can watch them is when they are on regular TV. (They aren't on Direct TV)

Shawn...

I think the drafting of May and Felton was smart bc it brought 2 of the TarHeels players to the team and therefore sparked more interest.

I have been to a bobcats game and you are right, the fanbase is excited and they want to see the franchise do well. Perhaps if they get another good pick this year it will help and they can make a possible run at the postseason in the coming seasons.

If we could just get Michael Jordan to quit causing the organization to get fined that would be great. :)

This might come as a shock to you, (southern jet) but more people worldwide watch/ and enjoy basketball (particularly the NBA) more than that of the NFL....

David Stern, is that you?

The NBA is an apparel company loosely affiliated with a pro sports league. People in other countries might buy t-shirts and junk, but they aren't watching. And judging by the sea of empty seats, not a whole bunch of Americans are watching either.

Basketball is a great game. But the NBA and it's idiot players have ruined the pro game.The product is unwatchable. And you can put that at Stern's "sell it all!" feet.

Again, Carmelo Anthony is in a widely-distributed video with gangbangers which advocates the murder of narc cops and anyone who "snitches" on drug dealers. That's probably the tip of the iceberg. And the NBA did NOTHING.

The NFL is going to come down on Jones like a ton of bricks,a nd many NFL organizations are going to put the turds on the curb anyway.

Archived