What was Wayne Chrebet thinking.....

joiseyjet

When he just purchased & opened that resturant across from the hofstra training camp ,with the JETS moving to NJ & many of the LI fan base remaining ticked off, they may not want to support anyone or thing JETS after they bailed on them ,I guess he`s counting on the collage $$$$ and thats it ,he`s from NJ he should have built here in NJ also...

When he just purchased & opened that resturant across from the hofstra training camp ,with the JETS moving to NJ & many of the LI fan base remaining ticked off, they may not want to support anyone or thing JETS after they bailed on them ,I guess he`s counting on the collage $$$$ and thats it ,he`s from NJ he should have built here in NJ also...

who's to say he won't JJ?

He's an absolute fan favorite among Jets fans and he did go to Hofstra himself, and I'm sure people can differentiate pretty easily between the Jets franchise and Wayne Chrebet himself. I don't think people will stop loving Chrebet just because the Jets moved their training camp location.

Either in Madison, Chatham or Florham Park. There's just not enough space for new construction. There will be once the facility is completed, they intend to open a new section of land near Morristown Airport for hotels, bars ect...

Besides with Tony Saragusa's Tiffany restauants here, There's already NFL bars in the Morris County area!

I guess I'm the only one who was told that they are still holding camp at Hofstra each year but when camp breaks they will resume practice during the season in Jersey. Yes, that's right, the Jets will still be holding training camp at Hofstra!

Also Chrebet is a hero at Hofstra and any Jets fan that takes out their anger on Wayne is an idiot and should be put to sleep.

I guess I'm the only one who was told that they are still holding camp at Hofstra each year but when camp breaks they will resume practice during the season in Jersey. Yes, that's right, the Jets will still be holding training camp at Hofstra!

Also Chrebet is a hero at Hofstra and any Jets fan that takes out their anger on Wayne is an idiot and should be put to sleep.

um what is your source?

Whenever you see a story about an athlete losing his money or doing reality shows or massive amounts of signings, there is usually a failed restaurant on his resume. Wayne may be the second coming of Beefsteak Charlie, just saying, the number of restaurants that fail versus the number that succeed indicates this may be a bad idea.

That's not true, starting next year all camps will be held in NJ....

We asked Randy Lange about this the last time he was here:

[Max] 9:28 pm: Randy any buzz on the stadium (are the Jets and Giants getting along) and new practice facility? Do the players seem excited about this at all or is it still too far away?

[RandyLange] 9:33 pm: Max, the stadium and practice facility issue are not real to the players yet, although I keep warning them that in two years, if they

nah,, food is food. I really dont think he is worrying about losing any patrons to his high priced eatery from within the Training camp type of fan who wears the Jet hat, sneakers and shorts to sneak in their chips and sandwiches.

players_fans_55475.gif

[RandyLange] 9:33 pm: Max, the stadium and practice facility issue are not real to the players yet, although I keep warning them that in two years, if they’re still around, they’ll be coming to my neck of the woods. It will be status quo around here almost until the start of the 2008 training camp, because the plan is to break down the complex and relocate it after all the free agency, draft and minicamp stuff earlier in 2008. And the new stadium is coming, I think, two years after that.

sigh rip hofstra 1968-june 2008

why must they take away one ofmy summer hobbies

a member of the athletic board at Hofstra

Um, that's if the Florham Park facility is not completed. It will be - too dry a winter & they are almost completed with the sprinkler base drainage for the 4 fields - This summer will be the last year at Hostra! - I got that from a source at Florham Park!

That's a lie. As a student at Hofstra, it's been posted that the Summer of 2009 the Jets will be leaving Hofstra, coming from Tannenbaum himself.

Regardless, times do change. The Jets were a lot more accessible to Long Island when they played at Shea Stadium from 1964 to 1983. Even after they moved in with the Giants at the Meadowlands in New Jersey, their training camp and practice digs at Hofstra University helped to retain that sense of a local team. You can’t go to open-to-the-public camp practices without seeing multiple pee wee teams in matching jerseys securing the next generation of fans. That will soon be a thing of the past, though, as the Jets will move their operations to Florham Park, N.J., in 2008.

It could be meant that Tannenbaum was quoted that the New York Jets will complete the ELIMINATION of their facilities by January 1, 2009. That does also mean the Ticket offices & other facilities not attached to their Manhattan offices.

And besides, I think Max has the better handle on this - especially since Randy Lange is now the New York Jets official News editor!

It could be meant that Tannenbaum was quoted that the New York Jets will complete the ELIMINATION of their facilities by January 1, 2009. That does also mean the Ticket offices & other facilities not attached to their Manhattan offices.

And besides, I think Max has the better handle on this - especially since Randy Lange is now the New York Jets official News editor!

i saw an article where it says the jets lease on hofstra expires june 2008

ithink that is when there moving

actually, starting next year, training camp will be at Hofstra and then they will move to NJ when camp breaks

Well, we'll see, but everything I have read to date states that information is not correct. Here are just a couple...

"Starting in 2008, the Jets will be relocating their training camp and headquarters to Florham Park, N.J., ending a partnership with Hofstra University that dates back to 1974."

http://nassaunews.org/news/2006/05/

"Three grass fields on site will likely be seeded next summer, and the complex, which will cost more than $50 million, is scheduled to be ready for training camp in summer 2008, team officials said."

http://www.wirednewyork.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-10634.html

Either in Madison, Chatham or Florham Park. There's just not enough space for new construction. There will be once the facility is completed, they intend to open a new section of land near Morristown Airport for hotels, bars ect...

Besides with Tony Saragusa's Tiffany restauants here, There's already NFL bars in the Morris County area!

I wanted him to open it in monmouth county ,like FABA said he lives in Colts Neck...

Archived